indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Gilby
User
spacer line

Does anybody know if there will be a new edition of the LP guide Java? At this moment i have the edition of 1999. As i see on the website of LP this edition is not mentioned anymore and they don't talk about a new edtion. I already tried to contact LP but no answer. It's a pitty when there will be no seperate edition of Java anymore. I doubt if the information about Java in the LP guide Indonesia is sufficient.

spacer line  

There is a complete lonely planet guide to indonesia (around 1000 pages) including most of the places to see. the most recent edition of this one is 2003.
its one of the most detailed LP guides that ive read - highly recommended!!

Anne Mieke
User
User icon of Anne Mieke
spacer line

The LP Java guide is not on sale anymore. The Java section in the Indonesia guide 2003 is sufficient but prices have become much higher since 2003, in particular prices for accomodation and transport. Of course there are also many other guides available.

Anne Mieke

Need information about Flores? Take a look at the website "FLORES SURGA KITA" https://www.travel2flores.info/ (including many photo's) Avatar: Sarotari, Larantuka, the exact place the Palmerah bridge will be built. http://www.tidalbridge.com/

spacer line  

I've searched on the LP website and read that a new edition will be released in January 07. It may be a good idea to look for a more recent guide. Maybe the roughguide is more up-to-date. Haven't checked it yet... Emoticon: Bye bye

Gilby
User
spacer line

On 11-07-2006 21:54 Smokingbeest wrote:
Ive searched on the LP website and read that a new edition will be released in January 07. It may be a good idea to look for a more recent guide. Maybe the roughguide is more up-to-date. Havent checked it yet... Emoticon: Bye bye

I couldn't find that information on the LP website. Can you give me the link?

Gilby
User
spacer line

On 07-07-2006 14:07 goldstein_lee wrote:
There is a complete lonely planet guide to indonesia (around 1000 pages) including most of the places to see. the most recent edition of this one is 2003.
its one of the most detailed LP guides that ive read - highly recommended!!

Okay, but maybe a little bit havy to carry!

fred uk
User
spacer line

I have only used a lonely planet once. All I found was other tourists looking for bars and out of date information.

I don't drink and like to see the real country more than the tourist haunts so my advice would be to toss it away and just find out yourself. You are bound to miss some of the sights but you will have a lot more fun and meet a lot more people.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,847,173 topic views - 234,929 posts - 13,697 topics - 25,672 members - last post @ 14-11-2019 19:32 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,699,229 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com