indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Daniel1692
User
spacer line

Hello everybody,

Im Going to Indonesia this summer and I want to climb Mount Lawu...
I've already been like 10-12 times round that area(Solo, Sragen etc.) And this time i want to climb the Lawu. My question is, how long does it usually takes to climb it to top( I'm going to sleep on top and watch the sunrise) and how long does the trip back down take(including some intervals).

Greetings Danny161192

RienRaket
User
User icon of RienRaket
spacer line

Hi Daniel...

I climbed the Lawu last year (because Merapi was already too dengeorus) and it rougly took me a whole weekend. If went with a local hiking club form Yogya started at 17.00 in the afternoom arrived at the top early in the morning around 4.00 - 5.00. We had some food at the top and did a little nap (got heavliy sunburned, for the first time in my 3 months indonesia..watch out donŽt underestimate thešpower of the sun at a mountaintop) and also watched the sunrise, that was awesome. From the top back to the end-point took around 8 hours.

Have fun..but it wonŽt be fun all the time, it is a tough trip .

Rien

Daniel1692
User
spacer line

Hallo,

Ik heb afgelopen jaar de Lawu beklommen vanaf Cemoro Sewu tussen Tawangmanggu en Sarangan. Het was een top-avontuur. De klim omhoog duurde 7 uurtjes en terug naar beneden was een trip van 4 uur. Heerlijk geslapen ondanks de kou (-5/-10 graden) en het gevoel op de top was heerlijk Emoticon: Smile . De klim viel wel mee, maar na pos 4 moet je klauteren met handen en voeten, want daar is het zeker steil. Gelukkig hoef ik me niet zorgen te maken over verbranding door de zon vanwege mn kleurtje Emoticon: Nice . Er is ook nog een heerlijk waterbronnetje met ''goddelijk water''. De zonsopgang was prachtig en de vulkanengordel richting Oost-Java kwam berg voor berg aan de horizon tevoorschijn, prachtig! Mensen die dit ook van plan zijn, zeker doen, het is de moeite waard!

Danny

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

59,040,992 topic views - 227,029 posts - 13,605 topics - 18,736 members - last post @ 25-06-2018 13:13 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

101,973,177 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com