indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > See my website ... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

KeesWayan
User
spacer line

We are a small foundation that help poor children in Java and Bali.
We running a orphanage in Yogyakarta and renovate schools in Bali.

Besides that we do several small projects.

At this moment we do actions for the victims of the earthquake. We have an own team in the area.

Take a look at the website for all information.Flowgi Foundation

KeesWayan
User
spacer line

Now daily reports from our staff in Bantul area. They work in the area with the victims of the earthquake, every day they report their experiences on our website and also new pictures.

KeesWayan
User
spacer line

New fundraising action started for victims of the recent earthquake see website for details,Stichting Flowgi

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I see on the image on the website that you tell us water costs 1.30 euro (Rp 15.000) per 10 liters.

A gallon (19 liters) can be refilled for Rp 8.000 at my local shop, officially from Aqua. So can you explain to me why you tell your visitors that the cost is about 400% higher?

This image is what I mean

spacer line  

Yeah....thats weird..... is a little smelly.....

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 19-06-2006 11:02 dutchguy1000 wrote:
Yeah....thats weird..... is a little smelly.....

I sure hope to get some explanation about this.

hagen763
User
User icon of hagen763
spacer line

How can they possible cook the Mie without water?
You must be forced to buy water to cook the mie??
I am sorry if I get it wrong Jeroen .
Umberto

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Of course you need water, but the prices on the website look much too high to me.

hagen763
User
User icon of hagen763
spacer line

That's why.
Umberto.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

For water from the tap (air bersih) I pay 20 - 25.000 Rp per month.

spacer line  

On 19-06-2006 14:18 hagen763 wrote:
How can they possible cook the Mie without water?
You must be forced to buy water to cook the mie??
I am sorry if I get it wrong Jeroen .
Umberto

You cook your mie with bottle water??

so.... very luxe..... and really no need to do that. I cook my food always with tap water... never sick

spacer line  

On 19-06-2006 14:24 londoh wrote:
For water from the tap (air bersih) I pay 20 - 25.000 Rp per month.

Shit, again I pay much more...... I think I'm ripped here... I pay something like 200.000 a month....

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Indeed Dutchguy.. I was thinking about drinking only, but using tap water for boiling is common use indeed. My water is from a well, so it's free Emoticon: Shiny

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi DG, I even make my coffee and tea with tap water. One get imune when using that. Just cook it long enough. It is bare nonsense to cook Mie with bottled water, but let's be honest, this is not written. But in my humble opinion to buy a tankwagon of air bersih is already a good thing for poor people, just give them a jerrycan. The old city of Solo get it's water from a source in Klaten that is made by he Dutch.I live south of Solo and the water comes from an artificial lake in Wonogiri, it is quite dirty from time to time. Emoticon: Shiny

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 19-06-2006 14:53 Jeroen wrote: My water is from a well, so its free Emoticon: Shiny

Until now it's free, but the goverment is busy to tax it, as too many water is pumped from the ground on Java. It should be forbidden actually, because things run out of hand.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 19-06-2006 14:53 dutchguy1000 wrote:

Shit, again I pay much more...... I think Im ripped here... I pay something like 200.000 a month....

Jakarta is much more expensive in many ways. Actually I had my PDAM water for free during 7 years, as I was not in "their system". Last year they changed all the pipes. One evening I came home and no water, they took away my meter as it was "illegal" next day I went to the office, paid 800.000 for a new meter and had water within 2 hours Emoticon: Yes!

spacer line  

On 19-06-2006 15:01 londoh wrote:

Until now its free, but the goverment is busy to tax it, as too many water is pumped from the ground on Java. It should be forbidden actually, because things run out of hand.

I agree..... A friend of mine in Jakarta has water that for sure comes from the ground and its brown most of the times.

All water should cost money, otherwise if used to much, the ground has no time to recycle and clean it....

And I also make my coffee with tap water Lon, with all the places I have lived, my body is imune for almost everything... he he he

One thing is good in indonesia, the almost always use the bottle to clean there as (same as i do)... that saves a huge amount in unneccesary toilet to flush the toilet...

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 19-06-2006 15:01 londoh wrote:

Until now its free, but the goverment is busy to tax it, as too many water is pumped from the ground on Java. It should be forbidden actually, because things run out of hand.

I wouldn't mind paying for it, but for now it's free, so I can enjoy this pleasure. Leaves the question where the 1.30 euro per 10 liters comes from. Emoticon: Smile

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

On 19-06-2006 10:40 Jeroen wrote:
I see on the image on the website that you tell us water costs 1.30 euro (Rp 15.000) per 10 liters.

A gallon (19 liters) can be refilled for Rp 8.000 at my local shop, officially from Aqua. So can you explain to me why you tell your visitors that the cost is about 400% higher?

This image is what I mean

Click to see original image

Beetje flauwe opmerking Jeroen, ik ken deze organisatie redelijk goed en ik weet dat ze fantastisch werk doen.

Als we dan toch miereneukerig gaan doen wil ik jou ook nog wel ff corrigeren: een gallon is geen 19 liter maar 3,78 liter.

Ga er voor de rest maar van uit dat iedere euro die je aan die gasten geeft goed terechtkomt, dit soort kleinschalige organisaties (waar veel minder geld aan de strijkstok blijft hangen dan bij de grote jongens) zouden er veel meer moeten zijn!!

Gracias. Sama sama

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

The things that they call 'galon' here, are 19 liters, that's what I aimed at.

Too bad there is no reaction from them. For now I keep it with small groups of volunteers that I have met with, so I know what people I'm dealing with. Works for me, others prefer to spend their money in another way. Fine with me as well.

(not the kid, the blue thing Emoticon: Wink )

KeesWayan
User
spacer line

Sorry for the late reply. We were very busy with real important things like our actions in Bantul and area so not much time to follow this discussion.

Our local staff made in the first weeks after the earthquake small package with food and water.
A part of the package was a tray with small plastic cups of water with a total value of about Rp 15000.-.

I agree that the way it was explained was maybe not clear and gave a wrong idea about the prices.

If you still doubt about our organisation please take a look at the website, specially the videostream about our Yogya actions.

Hope this clears up the misunderstanding and ends this discussion.

Best regards,

Kees

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

KeesWayan,

Thanks for your answer, that makes it perfectly clear to me Emoticon: Smile

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

75,329,860 topic views - 233,655 posts - 13,687 topics - 24,478 members - last post @ 20-09-2019 06:43 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

123,411,208 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com