indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

Hi,

I want to give an excellent present to my grilfriend Sutini. She's adopted to The Netherlands and during her 23 years she hasn't succeeded knowing what her name means. I hope you can and will help me because I want to graph her name and the meaning in a birthday gift for her.

Thank you enourmously for any possible reactions.

Yours sincerely

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi,

Su (Soe) is found in many Javanese names. Like Suharto , Soekarno. But ayam sori forgot the exact meaning. Like Su Harto, Harto(s) means possesion, money erc.

Tini is a very common name in Java, like Hartini for instance.

rgds

Jesses
User
User icon of Jesses
spacer line

Hi,

Londoh, do you think I am right if I say that "ini" or "tini" could be a suffix which expresses "femaleness"? If that's the case, one only has to look for the meaning of Su.

"Su" could also be an abbreviation of "bungsu", meaning "the youngest". It makes sense if Tom's girlfriend is indeed a younger sister.

My knowledge of Indonesian language is very underdeveloped, but I like this linguistic riddle anyway.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi Jesses,

You are abt right, the -i is female(-a is male). Actually Javanese names are often quite easy to understand, but one needs to know Javanese and the meaning of the various part of the names. Like the call the first child Eko/Eka, 2nd Dwi, 3rd Tri. For females they use names with -sih, -wati. But I am am not so good informed. This is just a hint.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 24-05-2006 02:26 londoh wrote:
Hi Jesses,

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

On 23-05-2006 23:07 Jesses wrote:
Hi,

"Su" could also be an abbreviation of "bungsu", meaning "the youngest". It makes sense if Toms girlfriend is indeed a younger sister.

Su-tini = mooie - tini

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 24-05-2006 12:58 sidia wrote:

Su-tini = mooie - tini

En waar is dat van afgeleid ?

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

In de Javaanse naamgeving betekent Su - bagus, sangat, lebih, baik. moet er nog een verklaring voor -tini komen dat best een afkorting kan wezen voor iets. Jammer dat Ome Sid niet thuis geeft, is al helemaal van zn Cultuur afgedreven en is nu zoiets als een Marokaan in NL, begrijpt ter niets meer van.

maseddi
User
User icon of maseddi
spacer line

On 23-05-2006 18:18 londoh wrote:
Hi,

Su (Soe) is found in many Javanese names. Like Suharto , Soekarno. But ayam sori forgot the exact meaning. Like Su Harto, Harto(s) means possesion, money erc.

Tini is a very common name in Java, like Hartini for instance.

rgds

I saw this post recently also on another forum about indonesia,that don't attract too many visitors.
In the dutch language.

Su is an abbreviation of sugih - this is Javanese and it means kaya (BhsI) , rijk (Dutch)

Sweet young thing

swefru
User
spacer line

Long time ago i tried to find what Su (Soe) means, because in my last name begin with su too, so my teacher in high school who was very good in Sangsekerta language told me that Su (Soe) means 1 or beatiful, Whether it is right or not, Im just happy to know that

maseddi
User
User icon of maseddi
spacer line

On 30-05-2006 17:34 swefru wrote:
Long time ago i tried to find what Su (Soe) means, because in my last name begin with su too, so my teacher in high school who was very good in Sangsekerta language told me that Su (Soe) means 1 or beatiful, Whether it is right or not, Im just happy to know that

That's also true, Londoh already wrote that and pak Sidia

Fortunately my name is not Sunat , though I was circumcised
or susah , suntil , susu , etc etc.

Emoticon: Yeah right!

Sweet young thing

AbahFairus
User
spacer line

Su is a sanscrit prefix that has the meaning of GOOD, bagus. I agree with swefru on this. while tini is a common name for girl as the couterpart of a common boy name tono.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,136,975 topic views - 234,295 posts - 13,691 topics - 25,185 members - last post @ 18-10-2019 06:07 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

124,576,103 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com