indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Bogor
User
User icon of Bogor
spacer line

What miss with gay people ? I dont have any problem...I'd like them as I'd like others peoples. But I dont like gay peoples if they are feel different...for myself nothing different gay or not gay Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Yes! !

Indonesia, so many gays people only they are very closed not so open like us in west Europe. No problem...they are culture. In middle of java have traditional to be gay "carok" something. I read the book about that long time ago!
In Jakarta, Bali & other big city Indonesia not difficult to find paradise gay life...of course not so open like in Europe. My friends told when they have been there....!

I want also sometimes main-main Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Yes! with gay peoples but until now not yet meet the right person ha..ha..ha.....
anyaway, I'd like try everything in my life Emoticon: Shiny !

spacer line  

Lot's of Gay Places to find in Indonesia and actually more common as what many expect. Indonesia has a big gay community and of course in all levels of the socitiy. To show being gay is even more common as in many Western countries. TV is from big influence of course. Some places in Bali gay orientated or firendly : Q-Bar - Kudos - Double Six - Sugar/Club Inc.

Maybe a good tip a book to read for all: Conversations with God: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/o(...)/026-2340493-5864463

Mario

maurits
User
User icon of maurits
spacer line

On 04-11-2004 20:53 Albert wrote:
[...]

Not seeing them does not mean they are not there. Emoticon: Smile
They are every where and are about to take over the world. Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Cooool Emoticon: I love it Emoticon: Bye bye

really? I lived in big cities all my life (Bangkok, Jakarta and Amsterdam) but never noticed this.... Emoticon: Red face

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

maurits
User
User icon of maurits
spacer line

This is a joke, people... duh

gay people are OK

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

spacer line  

Hurray, I am gay!!! Emoticon: Party! Ooops I bring back one old posting to the top. Emoticon: Party!

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

Please Johny dont take old cows from the creek Emoticon: Party!

Gracias. Sama sama

spacer line  

Older is fine as long as they still have milk! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! I mean, we are talking about cows, aren't we? Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party!

(by the way, I bring this up again, because the conversation here tends to get more and more serious and not many English threads now...)

mikepots
User
spacer line

How interesting:
" Yet He is equally unhappy with pre-marital sexual relationships as He is with homosexual relationships."
Do you realize that Adam and Eve were not married? And they had TWO SONS...where did the other offspring come from? The sons must have had sex with Mommy! REALLY...God didn't create other women, so that is the only conclusion possible. And what is that called? INCEST How interesting that it is never mentioned. If humans really were created as is told in the bible then incest was the only way our population increased.
Now wasn't the original question about the existence of a gay community or how gays are treated in Indonesia? I would like to find out about that. Does anyone have any perspectives on how gays are regarded and treated in Indonesia?
Thanks,
Michael

spacer line  

Hehe, I believe that Adam and Eve were the first MEN with conscience. Emoticon: Party!

Gays are treated well in Indonesia as long as they pretend that they are not gays. They can get married and usually have a double life.

We also have gay gathering activities here, but it's not for publicity else they will be in trouble.

Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party! Emoticon: Party!

fred uk
User
spacer line

I'm both Muslim and straight. I'm also live and let live.
As long as something does no harm to others I have no strong opinions on it.
What I do dislike is gays coming on to me.
If they just approach and realize that I'm not interested I'm fine but here in Indonesia I've had one that often tries and won't take no for an answer and another that openly came to me in the street and told me he was gay and that he wanted aural sex with me.
Lots of people around and he was very loud.
That didn't earn him a smack in the teeth but he was a lot closer than he knew to landing on the deck.
So my opinion is that if you are gay and wish to engage in sex with another man. It's up to you but don't just ask westerners in the street for sex as they are very likely to punch you.
Also as a sexually active gay you can't be a good Muslim.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

On 23-10-2008 04:48 fred uk wrote:
I'm both Muslim and straight. I'm also live and let live.
Also as a sexually active gay you can't be a good Muslim.

Ohoh, there we have a convert.
Come on man, don't deny and renounce your own culture, values, norms and standards and start parrot ( mbeo ) the retarded fundamentalists about homosexuality. Who are u to decide who is a good muslim or not? Probably just recently converted....and directly more fanatic than the "born"-muslims. Do u still have any self respect and dignity??
Not gay people are perverse, but converts with conservative ideas are perverse.

senior
User
User icon of senior
spacer line

On 23-10-2008 10:07 Yogya-Bali wrote:

Not gay people are perverse, but converts with conservative ideas are perverse.

very well spoken.... Emoticon: Yes!

hati hati, pelan pelan

frend1234
User
spacer line

Hello everyone

I need some one who can help me in Jakarta need help from someone, who can confirm a company really exist, because they ask me money for electric car, which i went to bay, need help from someone, who is living in Jakarta
I will by really appreciated and i am very thankful to you.

email me please mvn1234Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com

senior
User
User icon of senior
spacer line

think you made your point on all the topics now, please stop that ,frend

hati hati, pelan pelan

spacer line  

There are some gay clubs in Jakarta, especially Heaven and the more hardcore Moonlight (in Kota) and I think it's quite well tolerated.

indoboy7
User
spacer line

Indonesia, like many countries around the world would do well to EDUCATE people about homosexuality, instead of kneejerk reactions of condemning it.
To DESI CLARK and others:..You do not BECOME gay, you either ARE or you ARE NOT...
Just as you are born with brown or blue eyes.............Here in the western world, people who call themselves Christians are struggling mightily . There are too many so-called "Christian" leaders who exploit, and allow/encourage Too many people to give in tot heir basest fears, and condemn, bully or otherwise make life miserable for gays who come out to the world..I am looking forward to the day when people all over the world can wake up one day and just think of gay people as indivudals capable of loving each other with only one difference:..different plumbing..!!

rwezenaar
User
User icon of rwezenaar
spacer line

To be gay, bisexual or straight has nothing to do with religion. It has to do with your genes.

So, declaring right or wrong about this matter is utter nonsense, because it is something you are born with. There is no real choice here, people.

Therefore all claiming that to be gay is 'haram' (in whatever religion, I am just taking this word for illustration), is a bit strange. Because that same religion speaks about respecting others, loving others, helping others, and so on.

So, if you really want to be a good muslim/catholic/buddhist/etc, you'll have to respect people no matter what their sexual preferences are.

~ Rick

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

On 06-05-2004 20:03 Desi Clark wrote:

Myth#2: Homosexuals are born Gay..
Can someone be born a homosexual?

After reading this story today in the dutch newspaper, yes somebody can be born Gay.Unles an animal can be influenced by guy humans, to become gay. Emoticon: Party!

www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/36(...)n_Polen__.html?p=5,2

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

KimDonesia
User
spacer line

The whole "homosexuality is biological" claim is a load of BS. It's psychological and environmental - it's not that people don't believe it, it's just that they don't WANT to believe it as in this day and age, it's considered "ok" (well, in the West).

rwezenaar
User
User icon of rwezenaar
spacer line

On 22-09-2009 21:11 KimDonesia wrote:
The whole "homosexuality is biological" claim is a load of BS. It's psychological and environmental - it's not that people don't believe it, it's just that they don't WANT to believe it as in this day and age, it's considered "ok" (well, in the West).

It doesn't really matter whether this is psychological and environmental or whether it's about genes or not. In fact there have been several studies, and some studies claim it's the gene thing, and some studies say it's not the gene thing (ergo it must be something else deciding who is gay or not).

I am GAY. I am happy with who I am. I have a boyfriend, and I am also happy with him.
He is from Indonesia, by the way. And I am a Dutch guy. I discovered that I was gay when I was _very_ young. I assume I have always known that I was gay unconsiously. There was no question of choice. I just was who I was. (I am who I am.)

Religion ? Psychological ? Environmental ? Biological ? All BS ! My parents were non-religious. They have always said they wanted me to be happy. They didn't care less whether I was gay or not, except for the fact that they eventually wouldn't have any grandchildren of me, which, for them, is sad enough. However, they have accepted that I am gay without any hesitation.

In the Netherlands, where I live, I have never really seen discrimination against gays (although once in a while I do hear about it).
In Indonesia, I have never seen Indonesians openly discriminate against gays (although once in a while I do hear about it).
I have, however, seen the owner / manager of a bar in Gili Trawangan openly discriminate gay people in a horrible and very offensive way. He is from either England or Australia.

My boyfriend, who is originally from Indonesia, says that most men in Indonesia are actually secretly bi-sexual. It's normally not openly discussed (except in some shows on tv.), but commonly accepted. Some are openly gay or transsexual, some are even very famous. This is commonly accepted, sometimes with a humoristic hint. Who hasn't heard the term 'banci' once in a while ? Emoticon: Bye bye

So what's the problem here ? Certainly not the majority of the Indonesian people. They either don't really care, or just don't want to talk about it. There's not a real aversion against gay people from the common population. Perhaps some small ultra-religious groups are anti-gay. We have them here in the west aswell. Some people in the West are still against gays, maybe. Or a lonely owner/manager of a certain bar in Gili Trawangan. I hope he will have a long life. Because I really couldn't care less what he thinks about me or my fellow gay persons.

So...sure, there will always be people who detest gays. Well I am gay...and I couldn't care less if people detest me for my sexual orientation. It's not my problem, it's their problem. It's their short-sighted view of the world which makes _them_ feel uncomfortable around gays. I sure as hell do not feel uncomfortable with either gay, lesbian, heterosexual, transsexual, or any other form of sexuality. Because I know who I am, and I know who my friends are.

I am happy.

Does anything else really matter ? I think not....

~ Rick Wezenaar
Professional Photographer
and
GAY

spacer line  

Hi Rick,

eventhough I would love to agree with you in lots of things, but your bf is wrong in saying that most indonesians are secretly bi-sexual. It's not the case. Willy nilly, most men love women and it's everywhere.

Please don't get me wrong. I am an indonesian gay too. Emoticon: Smile So we are no different.

J

Avan209
User
spacer line

Accepting or denouncing homosexuality is one's freedom. So is one's freedom to admitting he or she is intimidated by gays gaining their freedom. Some enjoy the freedom to be unfair, some stand and watch helplessly while the others suffer in silence. There's no freedom lost in granting freedom. Hail the imperfect world!

Emoticon: Stupid

simmo
User
spacer line

On 25-08-2010 04:22 Avan209 wrote:
Accepting or denouncing homosexuality is one's freedom. So is one's freedom to admitting he or she is intimidated by gays gaining their freedom. Some enjoy the freedom to be unfair, some stand and watch helplessly while the others suffer in silence. There's no freedom lost in granting freedom. Hail the imperfect world!

Emoticon: Stupid

Perfect .

GAllen
User
spacer line

On 03-05-2004 20:35 Desi Clark wrote:
Hmmm...GAY..what can I say about this species?

I strongly oppose the same sex marriage!

Gays.....where do they come from?? Who is to blame?

I have a feeling someday Gay community is not a taboo anymore..just like a mixed couple.

I have no clue where to find gay community in Indonesia... and I am curious to learn how do they become a gay... does it have anything to do with a religion?

My question would be: what does our society think about gay? Can we accept their differences? Do moslems or christians have a different opinion about gay?

I'm debating myself about Gay's rights. Religously, the bible says that God creates Adam and Eve (Man and Woman), not half half... to see gay I feel disgusted. They should have no rights at all... BUT...they are a human too.. they pay taxes..they help a community directly or indirectly to be a better community...and perhaps they do not want to be a gay.... so they do have rights to live normal like we all do... we need to accept their differences...

OH HECK...why am I talking about GAY...! Well GAY.. you do have a right to live in Indonesia or anywhere in the world!! .. Being gay has nothing to do with a religion...! Though Indonesia is a moslem country... if you are a gay, does not mean you can not be a moslem......

PEACE YA'LL
Desi Clark

What i find interesting is that Christians pick out certain things that happened over 2,000 yrs ago from the Bible and follow them but leave out the things they do not believe or want to follow. So i say Christians should either follow the whole Bible or dont or create a modern view on things. If Christians followed everything in the Bible i would have many wives who cant read nor write and they would be considered my property.

bajubaru
User
spacer line

Search in google an find gay forum indonesia
http://readybb.com/boyzforum/

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

73,056,573 topic views - 233,092 posts - 13,680 topics - 23,045 members - last post @ 16-07-2019 08:57 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

120,650,293 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com