indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

pPamela
User
spacer line

I just love Indonesia and the people and would not hesitate at all about going. Spent 60 days there ( west Java, West Sumatra and North Sumatra) last year in Jan/Feb.
Heading back again this year for 4 months from 21st June and my trip will zig zag across the islands and I will go as far east as Lombok and as far north as Banda Aceh and Pulau Weh.
Can't wait. This will be my 7th trip since 1997 and I have only ever encountered really friendly, smiling helpful people who have always gone out of their way to make my stay an extremely pleasant one, such that I just keep returning every year or so.
Anyone wanting to chekc out my photos of my 2005 trip, click on my profile and check out my posts that mention my photos on webshots.
Pamela.

devachan
User
spacer line

On 20-04-2006 16:28 pPamela wrote:
I just love Indonesia and the people and would not hesitate at all about going. Spent 60 days there ( west Java, West Sumatra and North Sumatra) last year in Jan/Feb.
Heading back again this year for 4 months from 21st June and my trip will zig zag across the islands and I will go as far east as Lombok and as far north as Banda Aceh and Pulau Weh.
Cant wait. This will be my 7th trip since 1997 and I have only ever encountered really friendly, smiling helpful people who have always gone out of their way to make my stay an extremely pleasant one, such that I just keep returning every year or so.
Anyone wanting to chekc out my photos of my 2005 trip, click on my profile and check out my posts that mention my photos on webshots.
Pamela.

your photo's are really beautiful can't wait to go there

maskucing
User
spacer line

I recently visited Indonesia for three weeks in March and traveled all over Java and Bali. You should know that nearly every hotel and parking lot in Jakarta has a huge gate with guards that check for car bombs if that's what you're worried about. I went everywhere with my Indonesian friends, so it was easy to get around and they knew the places that are cool to hang out. My advice if you're going to Jakarta, eat dim sum at Cilantro. If you're going to Bali, eat the crispy duck at Bebek Bengil.

Always take Blue Bird taxis, and be aware of your surroundings. If you're a paranoid kind of person, you may want to consider traveling somewhere else. Overall, it's a great place to go and pretty safe. If you ever end up somewhere you shouldn't be, you'll know real quick. ... oh, yeah, watch of for the ayam-ayam hehehehem they're hungry Emoticon: Smile

dangdude03
User
User icon of dangdude03
spacer line

devachan
User
spacer line

On 27-04-2006 11:17 dangdude03 wrote:
Is it safe?

Click to see original image

No, it bloody isnt!
http://www.nostalgiacentral.co(...)vies/marathonman.htm

Szell? Is that you? der weisse engel? What are u doing in indonesia?

dangdude03
User
User icon of dangdude03
spacer line

Ich weiß, daß es einen guten vorrat an diamonts und perlen irgendwo geben muß Emoticon: Devil

devachan
User
spacer line

On 18-05-2006 16:16 dangdude03 wrote:
Ich weiß, daß es einen guten vorrat an diamonts und perlen irgendwo geben muß Emoticon: Devil

Keiner weist das du nog lebst du alte listige füchs, hast du deine zahnarts sachen mitgenommen zu indonesia? Emoticon: Shiny

spacer line  

On 19-04-2006 12:35 devachan wrote:
is it safe to go to jakarta/indonesia? people advise me not to go to indonesia because of the terrorism danger there Emoticon: Red face

I agree very much with the general opinion here that the risk is highly exaggerated. My personal experience after a year here in Jakarta (and I have really been around) is that Jakarta is a friendly and safe place in all respects.

But of course, caution and a certain degree of alertness is always wise - as in any other large city. But in general it is my clear impression that Asian cities are considerably safer and less violent than Western cities. That goes for Jakarta as well...

Hank

maskucing
User
spacer line

it's pretty safe overall. I wouldn't be too worried about going to the clubs. just about everywhere you go, the parking lots are gated and guarded where the guards actually search the vehicles for bombs. the hotels are reasonably priced, so stay somewhere nice if you're only staying for a couple weeks. I recommend Sari Pan Pacific.

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

I went to Utrecht today...but is the dutch highway safe???Sometimes I think the people drive under my truck in stat of overtaking me normally. Emoticon: Laugh out loud

samdino
User
User icon of samdino
spacer line

I agree with londoh must use candoom and you will be safe,,hehe Emoticon: Worship

Never put off till tomorrow what can be done today........ (coooool babe)

ibrahim
User
spacer line

I am from Arabia and been to Indonesia more than 4 time. Indonesian are peaceful and kind’s people. You find many places to go, more shops to buy and nice hotels to be.

dreambig
User
spacer line

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

49,929,256 topic views - 222,144 posts - 13,486 topics - 16,235 members - last post @ 21-09-2017 17:09 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

89,998,395 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com