indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

devachan
User
spacer line

is it safe to go to jakarta/indonesia? people advise me not to go to indonesia because of the terrorism danger there Emoticon: Red face

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

With condoms of a wellknown brand it must be safe Emoticon: Devil

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

The people that advise you.. have they ever been there? Guess not.. If there is a bomb explosion in Madrid, why not go to Amsterdam or Rome?

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Often people who give advises like that are jealous Emoticon: Shiny Jakarta is much safer than many big cities in Europe.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Hah.. jealousy could be an option indeed Emoticon: Puh!

devachan
User
spacer line

On 19-04-2006 12:46 Jeroen wrote:
The people that advise you.. have they ever been there? Guess not.. If there is a bomb explosion in Madrid, why not go to Amsterdam or Rome?

yes they've been there years ago, i heard that the atmosphere especially in jakarta is hostile, on the traveladvise page they advise you not to go to clubs and disco's where australians and americans coming

devachan
User
spacer line

On 19-04-2006 12:50 londoh wrote:
Often people who give advises like that are jealous Emoticon: Shiny Jakarta is much safer than many big cities in Europe.

these people are my family the're not jealous

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

The atmosphere in Jakarta... there it goes already.. Jakarta is just huge - really huge - with around 15 million people living there. I have never felt any hostility whenever I was there. I will go there again this year.

That travel advise tells you to avoid certain 'high-profile targets' is fine with me, however I'm not capable of keeping in mind all those places all the time.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 19-04-2006 13:03 devachan wrote:

these people are my family there not jealous

So take their advise and don't pose questions, go to Thailand or Italy Emoticon: Shiny

devachan
User
spacer line

On 19-04-2006 13:04 Jeroen wrote:
The atmosphere in Jakarta... there it goes already.. Jakarta is just huge - really huge - with around 15 million people living there. I have never felt any hostility whenever I was there. I will go there again this year.

That travel advise tells you to avoid certain high-profile targets is fine with me, however Im not capable of keeping in mind all those places all the time.

well i want to go there next year because of my roots, i never bin in indonesia. i already go to thailand a view times. which midd class hotel do you advise me in jakarta? Do you fly with klm?

devachan
User
spacer line

On 19-04-2006 13:06 londoh wrote:

So take their advise and dont pose questions, go to Thailand or Italy Emoticon: Shiny

even if it was dangereous in jakarta i would go, i probably not listen to there advise

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 19-04-2006 13:09 devachan wrote:

well i want to go there next year because of my roots, i never bin in indonesia. i already go to thailand a view times. which midd class hotel do you advise me in jakarta? Do you fly with klm?

I don't fly KLM and I sleep with friends, so I can't help you with that.

devachan
User
spacer line

On 19-04-2006 13:14 Jeroen wrote:

I dont fly KLM and I sleep with friends, so I cant help you with that.

which company do you fly ?

spacer line  

I always get angry when I see that a few attacks can have so much influence.
The terrorist will see that too and will never stop.
When there where a couple of bombings in Tel aviv some years ago, everybody panicked, I could not even get a travel insurance to fly there.
All the beaches where empty, I really felt sorry for the bar owners etc..
If you calculate how big the chance is you get bombed, you will see that walking on the street in trafic is more dangerous.
The same for Jakarta....

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

But Noordin M. Top is still on the run Emoticon: Bye bye

devachan
User
spacer line

On 19-04-2006 13:34 dutchguy1000 wrote:
I always get angry when I see that a few attacks can have so much influence.
The terrorist will see that too and will never stop.
When there where a couple of bombings in Tel aviv some years ago, everybody panicked, I could not even get a travel insurance to fly there.
All the beaches where empty, I really felt sorry for the bar owners etc..
If you calculate how big the chance is you get bombed, you will see that walking on the street in trafic is more dangerous.
The same for Jakarta....

how is bali thhese days? still empty beaches?

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Extremely boring as it always was Emoticon: Shut up!

Gruces

spacer line  

this is how it always works, snowball effect...... the terrorists know it and it works (for them) beautyfull.

the beaches get empty, people get scared, the people hear all these roumors and decide not to go there anymore.........

ban the media...... they fuck up the whole world.

Once I was in Brazil in manaus, far far from the (so called) Civilized world and i arrived in a small village.
no listrik, or what so ever, it seemed all so pure and happy at the day
..... at night i heard a humming noice.....
gues what?. under every small wooden hut there was a small generator, and the only light i saw was the flickering light of old black and white tv's on.
then i realised that the media had so much power.

The kids wanted the same clothes and shit they saw on tv.
They thought they only could be happy if owning that

My god.......

that really scared me.....

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 19-04-2006 13:23 devachan wrote:

which company do you fly ?

Last time I flew Malaysian, next time probably Singapore Airlines.

indoboy7
User
spacer line

Any day, I could step off a sidewalk and get run over by a bus....Sept/oct-2005 I traveled the length of Java from Jakarta-Bali, albeit with a professional guide + chauffer.....I told my guide that I did NOT want to stay in an american-owned hotel, and did NOT want to eat in restaurants/nightclubs that catered to westerners exclusively..Needless to say:..I did NOT carry an american flag with me, born in E-Java some 60+ years ago, at 6 ft. I did stick out above the general crowds......I have to keep telling the dutch-indos here in california that it is alll a state of mind:.I did not for a moment feel that I had to -constantly- look over my shoulders for terrorists..Within reason, you cannot let fear dictate the way you live your life...

foxdemon
User
User icon of foxdemon
spacer line

I've been to Jakarta twice. No problem with security. I was able to walk alone at night. But that was a quiet suburb, staying with family. I think the dangers are exaggerated.

spacer line  

I was concerned like Devachan when I started my SE Asia travels last year. There had been another bombing in Bali and I seriously thought about leaving Indonesia out of my travels. Anyway, had I done that, the terrorists would have won. I did travel to Indonesia for the first time and was surprised. I was treated really well by everybody and I had a great time. I will visit Indonesia again. Extremely friendly people and the women are some of the prettiest in Asia. I do advise condoms, though(a box)!! Emoticon: Yes!

devachan
User
spacer line

On 20-04-2006 06:42 lifeisgoodok wrote:
I was concerned like Devachan when I started my SE Asia travels last year. There had been another bombing in Bali and I seriously thought about leaving Indonesia out of my travels. Anyway, had I done that, the terrorists would have won. I did travel to Indonesia for the first time and was surprised. I was treated really well by everybody and I had a great time. I will visit Indonesia again. Extremely friendly people and the women are some of the prettiest in Asia. I do advise condoms, though(a box)!! Emoticon: Yes!

Its good to hear some reactions from people who visit indonesia very often, my opinion has changed about the danger there, (maybe not for sulawesie) if there was something happened about terrorism i saw it on tv, I saw a documentairy about sulawesie how children get killed by terrorists, so i never heard good things about indonesia. Buit despite of the danger there i decided to go there next year, but know im sure that its ok to go there and i have no doubts anymore to visit indonesia.

devachan
User
spacer line

On 19-04-2006 17:31 Jeroen wrote:

Last time I flew Malaysian, next time probably Singapore Airlines.

Malaysian is one of the best , i think i will fly also with malaysian.

devachan
User
spacer line

On 20-04-2006 06:42 lifeisgoodok wrote:

You had some really good time there with that box of condoms hehehe Emoticon: Shiny

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

51,421,991 topic views - 223,934 posts - 13,518 topics - 16,742 members - last post @ 23-11-2017 15:11 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

92,472,129 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com