indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > A visum to Indonesia.... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

boparan
User
spacer line

I want to live in Indonesia on a social/cultural visum; just staying with my friends without any intention to work.
Is it possible to extend this kind of visum in any embassy or consulate in Malaysia, as for example in Tawau, Sabah, after bringing them a new surat jaminan of my friend with the required copies of his KTP?
Or is this only possible when you are married?

aduh, aduh, aduh, mana tahan....!

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

As far as I know (for Dutch people it goes that way) you can get into Indonesia with a social visum. That can be extended up to 4 times (maximum of 30x2 + 30x4 days that is). Then you have to go out again.

boparan
User
spacer line

Yes Jeroen, this was clear already. Can you help me out with the second and third paragraph, that 's what I'd like to know as I want to stay in Kaltim.

ruud
User
spacer line

1.the lenght of stay for a socio-cultural visa is 60 days,and
can be extended in Indonesia.
2.other tha the required documentation below,applicants over
the age 60 must also provide travel insurance and documents
to verfy their pension/income.
3.Applicants must pay a non -refundeble application processing fee of 40,and provide the following documents.
1.An applicationform,completed and signed,two passport
size photographs attached,
2.A pasport with a validity date at least 6 month beyond the
date of entry into Indonesie.
3.A copy of applicants return ticket or booking order from
travel agent.
4.An invitation letter from an institution in Indonesia,or
applicants family member or friend in Indonesia with HIS/HER
ID(ktp) attached.
groeten.
ruud

boparan
User
spacer line

Jeroen en Ruud thanks a lot for your reaction.
It would save me a lot of trouble, time and money though, to know whether I have to go back to Holland to apply for a new social/cultural visa or that it would be possible for me to apply for this in Tawau, Sabah or any other place in Malaysia or even Emoticon: Sadley Singapore.
Would it make any difference in this matter when I would be married to an Indonesian woman?

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

To obtain an new VSB after you stayed 6 months in Indo is OK at the KBRI in KL, S'pore, or the Indo consulates in Serawak and Sabah. Your Indonesian wife acts as your sponsor. This facts have been notified multple times here, even to a point were it became boring. It still is in fact.

Regards

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Be careful. last time a Dutch friend of mine couldn't apply for a VSB anymore in Kuching and had to fly to Kuala Lumpur. So, better check it out before you try to apply in Kuching or any other town in East-Malaysia.
There's not much difference whether you have an Indonesian wife or not (better not). Also somebody else can sponsor you as a relative or as a so-called "future" wife.

boparan
User
spacer line

HÚ londoh! Even though you don't seem to have much consideration with newcomers (Sunday was my first visit) or others at all on this forum as I noticed reading , thanks for the info anyway. Maybe you 're an example of "ruwe bolster, blanke pit". Emoticon: Confused By the way: there is not even an Indon wife in sight for me, I was just wondering... Emoticon: Nooo

marinjo
User
spacer line

First of all i appologize that i wrote a dutch message in an english forum.

Goodday

I have a question about a social cultural visa.
What about my ticket?

I started to doubt because i got mixed information about the returndate.

Im planning to stay for a period of 6 months in Indonesia.
The Visa Applications are taken care of by an Indonesian bureau.
Now i have to different advices about the ticket:

From Indonesia i hear:

If you buy a ticket, then it you must buy a 6 month ticket but with a return date within 60 days, then extend it when you are in Indonesia to 6 months. The reason according to these people is that the Visa is only valid for 60 days. You extend it, then you extend the return date on your ticket.

Example:
Ticket must be like: Departure Oct 30, arrive back 30 dec.
Then extend it to 30 April. Otherwise they dont allow me they said.
It sounded a bit weird for me.

In Holland they tell me:

If i buy a ticket i can right away book it for 6 months. (thats what i did already)
So i have a ticket depart: 30 okt AMS, return to AMS April 30.

I just want to be sure. Next week i have to pick up my visa so i still can change the date for my return. I dont wanna have problem.

Thank you very much.

spacer line  

marinjo

Als je je visum 60 dagen Cultureel hebt ingevult bij de aanvraag online ? dan heb je geen probleem met je ticket.
Verder staat de naam van jou sponsor op je visum...dat verklaart dat je langer gaat blijven als 60 dagen!
Het ticket wat je nu hebt is dus goed zonder problemen.

Live life to the max.......

spacer line  

Marinjo,

Misschien is het handig om bij onderstaande link je vragen te stellen want dit topic is.. only english !

http://forum.indahnesia.com/to(...)aal_budaya_visum.php

Live life to the max.......

marinjo
User
spacer line

Good morning Martin

Sorry for the mistake. I already translated the message in English.
Thank you also for the answer.

With regards,
Marinjo

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

63,704,604 topic views - 229,096 posts - 13,639 topics - 19,727 members - last post @ 13-11-2018 18:21 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

108,283,155 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com