indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

blueali13
User
spacer line

Hiya!

I'm moving to Jakarta in August and was wondering what pets people keep, if any in Indonesia. I'm coming from Ankaa, Turkey where cats and dogs are mostly kept.

Any info will be readily received

Blue

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

changed the topic title.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Birds in cages is the ultimate thing. Many people here who love dogs, but to eat. Pussies is the hobby for men with money.

regards

alfred
User
User icon of alfred
spacer line

...and some prefer a nice friend for dinner, to quote Anthony Hopkins

foxdemon
User
User icon of foxdemon
spacer line

Hi blueali, in my expeince cats (kucing) are popular. You don't need to buy one from a pet store, just feed the first stray cat that turns up and you will have a pet.

spacer line  

i ve got 3 rabbits...

Richy
User
User icon of Richy
spacer line

I won't advise you to keep rabits in Jakarta. I bought two of them for my girl and after a few days they where both mati (dead). It is too hot for those animals in this city and most of them are brought directly from Bogor to be sold on the Jakarta markets.

"Veel mensen hebben een te hoge dunk van wat ze niet zijn, en een te geringe dunk van wat ze wel zijn".

dangdude03
User
User icon of dangdude03
spacer line

These are the most common pets in Indonesia:

Kacoa, banyak banyak!

spacer line  

On 06-04-2006 00:02 foxdemon wrote:
Hi blueali, in my expeince cats (kucing) are popular. You dont need to buy one from a pet store, just feed the first stray cat that turns up and you will have a pet.

Yes, your right, but be carefull.
1 year ago I found a cat on the street and I kept it. very nice but one day he came home with a pellet gun bullit in his body.
Someone shot him with the excuse that he thought that it was a rat.
(people here sometimes go rat hunting)

I have another one now. found him at a gaz station, could not been older then 2 weeks the poor thing and no mother.

This time I only will let him in my backyard....
no more rat hunting excuses for me....

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Huisdieren niets voor mij, ben te vaak weg. Trouwens ik heb een buurman die heeft een hele Bonbin. 3 Honden w.o. een Rottweiler waar iedereen bang voor is,
slangen, schildpadden, vissen, maar het mooiste zijn een stuk of 80 vogels, waaronder zeer bizondere. 's morgens als die vent die het over ene Allah heeft ze kakement opeen houdt maken al die vogels geluid. Kan ik soms echt van gnieten, behalve die perketuts, dat vinnik wel zo saai, Javanen zijn er gek van. 's Morgens natuurlijk ook de hanen, het typerende geluid voor een ochtend in indonesia. Hier in huis heb ik jaren tokeh's gehad, zeer interessante beesten, er zat een echtpaar achter een kast en eentje zwierf door het huis. Dit is over want ik heb alle luchtgaten met gaas laten dichten, dat scheelt een hoop aan insecten. Bijvoorbeeld de tawon een soort wesp met de afmetingen en geluid van een kleine helicopter, die nesten maat van klei. Die hangen dan onder een tafel of kast.

Gruces

AbahFairus
User
spacer line

Way to go dangdude !

LOL

I even saw a man who has a hobby of eating Kacoa in a TV features programme.

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

On 02-04-2006 11:29 blueali13 wrote:
Hiya!
Im moving to Jakarta in August and was wondering what pets people keep, if any in Indonesia. Im coming from Ankaa, Turkey where cats and dogs are mostly kept.
Any info will be readily received

Blue

What kind of 'backgroud' is this 'westernlike' question ..... ' do you want to promote provocative answers' ........
'I do not think your question comes out of the 'blue' ........ wright or wrong ...... ??'

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,819,210 topic views - 234,905 posts - 13,695 topics - 25,622 members - last post @ 13-11-2019 20:28 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,615,168 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com