indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

Hi there,

My wife and me are looking for a indonesian name for a Girl. We are specialy looking for a name that means Live.

We want to give her something of her indonesian background (my family) and before here two times it went wrong.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Erik

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

My wife tells me that hidup means life in Indonesia...so maybe Hind would be a nice name? Emoticon:

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Sri Hayati de Groot .
Sri from Dewi Sri (the goddess of rice)
Hayati = From Hayat = life .
It means the spirit of Dewi Sri (rice is food , every one need food).

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

hagen763
User
User icon of hagen763
spacer line

Redjeki Nemploh

Redjeki =Luck
Nemploh = Stay at.

My Mum called Nancy,but our family said once.
Nancy You're name must be Redjeki Nemploh.You bring luck to people
and Your luck will stay. But it is Blijvend Geluk
Umberto

spacer line  

Dear Erik,

in Indonesian Live means 'hidup.' Maybe you could take the balinese-javanese language for Live which is "urip" or "Hurip" but then again, it is not a common name for a girl and urip/hurip sounds ancient.

What about this, Live can also be associated with air or water. In javanese, air means "maruta" for a girl usually we change it to "maruti". As for water, the javanese is "bhayu."

I'll see what I can get. Maybe I'll be back.

Salam,
Pinta

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

pbywater
User
User icon of pbywater
spacer line

well, the name ive recently seen is Indah, but what i was thinkign the other day is Cinta, meaning love of course, sorry this isnt what u suggested though.

Agung
User
User icon of Agung
spacer line

Hi Erik,
where is girl going to live? Indonesia, Holland....
I think you should take this point in consideration. The name should be practical and useable in the place she's going to live.

By the way, I like the name Sidia came up: Sri Hayati de Groot.

But both of you should decide yourself. Emoticon: Smile

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

How about Dewi?

Gracias. Sama sama

reuveul
User
User icon of reuveul
spacer line

Enjelly, Erline,Devi

like to live in ID,but it takes a while to get there

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

Not something like Sri Hayati or do u want your child to be teased at school because of her name??? Think of the child first please.

Gracias. Sama sama

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

If you choose an Indonesian name, check first whether the name is not "kampungan" (vulgar) (ordinair in Dutch). You have to realize that the child has to live for the rest of his/her life with the name that you will give to him/her.
Forget the common Indonesian names cause these are mostly not "trendy" anymore.
Best things to do is to give the child an international name when he/she is a child of a mixed couple. I gave my children all 3 names with the first one an international and the other ones a little exotic. But all the 3 names have to be able to be pronounced in English, Dutch and Indonesian otherwise the children will have sooner or later a problem with their names.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

No Dewi, Indah, Sri, Tri, Yanti or these kind of names. These are already oldfashioned.

spacer line  

Thank you all for the reply. Y take your suggestions with me. thank you all.

Btw. She will live in Nederland and her first name will be a dutch name.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

51,445,783 topic views - 223,953 posts - 13,528 topics - 16,745 members - last post @ 24-11-2017 02:09 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

92,490,224 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com