indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

joanna
User
spacer line

hi all,
I am currently in Yogya, and staying in a hotel, which is proving to be really expensive as I have not et found a place to live. I am looking for either a kost where couples are accepted (bisa keluarga) or a house to rent . preferably more in the north of yogya. if any of u have any tips, names of peopple i can get in touch with it would be very helpful.
thank you.

kroepoek
User
User icon of kroepoek
spacer line

Aks hotel Bladok, the owners (Ind/Dut) couple) have a very nice house in the kampung opposite of their hotel. Not very cheap but must be cheaper than a hotel if you stay longer and is very nice and private although it is not wise maybe to scream the whole kampung awake while having sex you can stay there as a couple. The kampung is very friendly and the neighbours keep an eye on you as well. The house is very comfy and has a nice decorated bathroom. You can use the hotelpool everyday. Vendors bring food in the alleys every night.
Hotel Bladok is in an street off Jalan Malioboro but you can ask all the becak drivers in town.

be true to yourself and you' ll never fall

acufjo
User
User icon of acufjo
spacer line

Hello Joanna,

My sister in law owns a very nice house for rent. It's an european standard furnished house In a silent part of the kampung. (1 big living (guest) room, 1 big bedroom incl. closet and AC, 2 smaller bedroom, european style bathroom inclusive bathtub. It's located near JEC and gedong kuning (bonbin, zoo), so it's more in the east but bus no 4 bring you quickly to jl. Malioboro, and no 7 to northern parts like jl. Kaliurang and UGM.

If you are still searching you can e-mail me and I can give her a message, I don't think it's going to be expensive

spacer line  

Why don't you try Hotel Kartini. !

Carpe diem

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

What do people have with North-Yogya? It's the most boring area of Yogya, full of stupid students. 15 years ago I managed to survive 3 months in the northern part (it was awful) and am happy to live in the south already for 15 years. Much better, nicer and cheaper area.
And forget that backpackers-area near the station. My God/Allah/Vishnu, that's so western-style. If you don't want to meet "Indonesia", then stay overthere. But if you want to taste a little bit of Indonesian/Javanese lifestyle, move to the south.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Ask for Abbot in Ngadinegaran/Danunegaran. Its's in a northern "gang" halfway in Jl. Tirtodipuran, just in front of a "pertigahan".

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Yogya... 15 years ago in the north of the city.. now it has changed probably, since there are scores of places to hang out (malas-malas), eat and whatever more. But there is still a lack of nice places to stay as far as I can see. There are some small hotels like VIDI, with prices between 100.000 and 200.000, but they are all in melati-class.

(For those who don't know melati, it's the same rating for hotels as stars, but it's all below one star.)

joanna
User
spacer line

Well, I am now back from Yogya, as the house we ended up renting in the south of the city got damaged from the earthquake. we were very lucky though seeing that from the whole area/kampung, only three houses were still standing including ours. I was rappatriated because of my health, I had just been admitte in hospital the night before the quake and was later diagnosed with Dengue. A friend is still staying in our house and we have asked the villagers to stay there as they do not have anywhere to sleep indoors anymore. It has become a place for them to pray as the closest mosques were destroyed too. my friend repaired the roof so that no water can come through for the moment at least until it gets properly repaired. I am not a religious person, but i do pray in my own way that the people from yogya keep strong and that hopefully help will get to them. as 10 days after the quake noone from my kampung or the neighbouring kampungs had received anything as they are not in the worst hit areas (ie bantul and klaten) and hard to reach.

Neles
User
spacer line

Hi Joanna,

what is the current sutuation in the centre of Yogya? Also the not so very nice (tourist) area near the station?
I'm planning to visit Yogja in about two weeks for a couple of days. Do you think this is still worth to visit?
Thanks.

joanna
User
spacer line

Hi Neles,
Well, I have been back in Europe since the 5th of june so I do not really know what is going on at the moment. From what friends have said, things are slowly trying to go back to a normal-ish activity. hotels are open, so have most shops and offices.
About you going there, it depends....i think it's worth going because the money you will spend there will be well spent (go straight to jogja people). Most people who come to jogja go because of borobudur, prambanan, kraton, merapi and bahasa indonesia courses. merapi and prambanan being closed to public, you still have a few things to do. and why not help out whilst you are there. ask some students if they need help with the posko-emergency distribution posts.....also a lot of workshops for children at the moment
(if u r interested by the latter, i have a contact you can get hold of).As long as you are not going just to see the damage and the difficulties of the people....but are willing to help out even on a very small scale....i''d say why not.up to you really/good luck.and have a nice trip/

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

74,410,888 topic views - 233,363 posts - 13,684 topics - 23,798 members - last post @ 22-08-2019 13:35 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

122,269,779 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com