indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

alfred
User
User icon of alfred
spacer line

Travelling from Yogya through Malang to Bali I would like to get some addresses of friendly guesthouses in Y and M and perhaps some other nice places in East-Java as well. Thanks!

arie_h
User
spacer line

Try Ennie's guesthouse in Malang...

viera
User
spacer line

try in suma hotel in lovina beach singaraja Bali...... the best place tht i ever stay....
and in malang i recomande in hotel hollious jalan patimura no 37 near from train station......
the place to eat in toko oen... hmm yummieee......old restaurant from 1932 ( if imnot wrong)
goed luck

spacer line  

I agree with Viera. We have each others guide, and have been together in Yogya, in Bali and in Malang. Hotel Helios is really worth to visit. Toko Oen is in the centre of Malang and sells also European food.

Carpe diem

arie_h
User
spacer line

Hotel Helios is quite allright, but if you really want to try something original, I'd go for Enny's guesthouse. The owner, ibu Enny, is an old Indo-Dutch lady. She speaks Dutch & English very well, she knows her way around in Malang, has loads of tips, etc... Plus Enny's Guesthouse is in one of the most pleasant areas of Malang. Far better than the stationsdistrict where Helios is located...
I stayed at both places twice, but I definitely prefer Enny's. Helios is just a standard tourist hotel, recommended in all the obvious travel guides (like Lonely Planet), so nothing special really...

nayoku
User
User icon of nayoku
spacer line

Malang and Semarang are a cities for delicious food. Visiting Malang you should taste the original Malang taste. They serve this at restaurant Jawa Timur in Jalan Kaliurang. The sate komoh, the sop kikil, the sayur asem (different to other cities) and so on.
Near by is my favourite Guest house named Armi. Clean, cheap and very pleasant. It is not in the city centre but, you can take a becak or taxi to the city centre. If you like to walk it is 3 km only.
Visiting Malang you also have tried the rujak petis, one of Malangs speciality at jalan Tennis. It is a simple place but OK. the food centre also serve many special dishis as the Sho Bak or Sho kai and Cwi Mie. THE Chinese restaurant is Hongkong at jalan Talun. There is another Chinese resto with excelent food at Jodipan.
Don't forget to try the gula kacang, peanut candy at the corner of the Alun-alun in front of the post office.
Toko Oen is out of date, it is a place you should go for nostalgic reason only.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,136,975 topic views - 234,295 posts - 13,691 topics - 25,185 members - last post @ 18-10-2019 06:07 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

124,576,044 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com