indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sumatera > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

maanmist
User
spacer line

In May we (family of 4) intend to go to Sumatra and plan to go from Medan to Bukit Lawang, Lake Toba, Sibolga, Bukkutinggi and Padang and then further on to Java. Does anyone has tips or (mail)addresses for renting car and driver? And what are prices like? Hope to hear from you.

Andre

Schultz
User
spacer line

Maanmist, look at www.sumatra.ismy.lv or mail wpsumatravelsRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.hotmail.com
Good luck Emoticon: Worship Emoticon: Worship Emoticon: Worship

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi,
I will relate my experiences of what I did in Sumatra in Jan/Feb 2005.
I hired a car for 150,000/day and a driver for 60,000/day from my friend Eddy in Painan( 2hrs south of Padang) see photographs and travelled through West Sumatra for 19 days. The price for the car was a rock bottom price and I would think you could expect to pay about 200,000 from Eddy now.
I paid for all the petrol, and food and accomodation for the driver.
We travelled from Painan to Padang, to Pariamin, to Embun Pagi, Lake Maninjau, Bukittinggi, Payakumbuh, Solok, Muara Labuh, Kersik Tao, Kerinci, Sungai Penuh, Muara Sako, Tapan and back to Painan. Took 19 days and was an absolutely fabulous trip. Had seen most of the places before, but it was fantastic seeing them all again plus new ones like Muara Sako and Lake Maninjau, both just heavenly.
Here is my photos taken on the tripcommunity.webshots.com/user/ppamela1
I flew from Padang to Medan and hired a car/driver whom I met in the shop where I was buying a phone card for my mobile. I was not intending to hire a car, but was not feeling well and believed I would be better, feeling sick in Bukit Lawang than polluted old Medan.
It cost me 300,000 rupiah for the one way trip, quite expensive, but it was a very nice modern air con van, though I did not use the air con because I cannot stand it.
Sorry I do not know how much it would cost for a driver and a car from Medan.
Personally I think it would be better to hire a car just for Sumatra and then engage another car and driver whilst in Java.
Have contacts in Bogor Java who might be able to help with this.
How long will you be in Indonesia?
I am headed back for 2-4 months from June 21st flying into Bali and travelling from Lombok and maybe Sumbawa right through West, Central and East Java, West Sumatra, North Sumatra and to Pulau Weh and Banda Aceh.
You are more than welcome to email me at pamelajoyfugeRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.hotmail.com
Pamela.

maanmist
User
spacer line

Hi Pamela,
Txns for your reply. Ofcourse I.ll need another (local) driver on Java. But is it possible to send me the emailadress of your friend Eddy in Painan ? Perhaps he agrees to collect us at the airport of Medan and take us on the route towards Padang. Further if you have information of a reliable driver on Java, route Jakarta - Yokjakarta - Solo - Malang - Surabaya, I would be obliged.
I'll send you an email as well,
Andre

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi,
No email for Eddy because Painan is not a major tourist area and therefore no internet.
He has a landline 00116275621085 and a hand phone +628126788881
Please note Edy does not speak good english, but his 18 yr old daughter can speak some.
I can assure you Eddy is not in the transport business himself, he arranges through contacts, but does not do any driving personally or take people around. Organising from Painan to Medan would be difficult and costly as you would have to pay for the fuel for the trip north.

Re: Trip to Lake Toba, you can do the train and then the bus if you cannot find a car and driver.

Re: transport in Java you can email a very good friend of mine of 6 yrs Adang in Bogor. He does not drive, but will find a driver /car for you.
He is a good honest, helpful man who comes highly recommended.
His email is adang1972Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com
Adang also has a great Halimun National Park tour he does that I did with him in August 2000. It may well be worth doing that tour as you get to see so much of West Java in only 5 days- a very memorable trip.
I have a Power Point Presentation a Canadian guy did after he did Adang's tour in March 2001 on my recommendation and if you email me I can send you a copy if your email has a large enough capacity.
Pamela.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

85,100,761 topic views - 240,132 posts - 13,728 topics - 33,218 members - last post @ 19-09-2020 21:36 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

138,803,593 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com