indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

The protests and anger at those stupid cartoons is totally out of proportion. Killing innocent people with suicide bombers is not an insult to a so-called "prophet of peace" (who was a warrior for ten years) and a "god of loving kindness"??? How much protest do we see against these crimes in the muslim world?

Agung
User
User icon of Agung
spacer line

Another issue is that within (Arabic) Muslim countries many similar bad jokes are published about Jewish people. Also there are a few Arabic satellite TV stations that make western (European) people black. Just translate the words from a radical imam from a European country and it will not be nice what you hear. Also these are not jokes, but meant seriously. Emoticon: Angry

Till now this was not take too serious but, now the Islamic world thinks that we treat them so bad, we should re-consider this.

Why do we allow these people to insult us so much, while they not even allow us to make a joke?

These people are abusing our decency to unlimited proportions. Emoticon: Angry

principe
User
spacer line

Dear anybody,

I read the following comment not long ago. I do not know where it came from- therefore I just throw this message on this messageboard, hoping anybody with more in depth knowledge of the Quran can point me out where I can find the following (refernece?):

“In nowhere in the Quran are you allowed to force anyone to become Muslim. You may try to encourage them, persuade them, let them see the possibility, but never can you force or threaten someone to become Muslim. It is completely forbidden, and will never, ever, be considered as permissible.”

Appreciating your reply

Thank you kindly

andre
User
spacer line

...Irak was invaded because of "weapons of mass destruction". Even if this was only an excuse, the fact is that Irak was not invaded because of islam.
I think that youre too modest with saying "personal truth", to condone terrorism and allowing everyone to go to school are universal truths in my view.

Dear Agung,

Thank you for confirming my statement by adding " in my view " to your reply. Your view is not everyones view, nor is my view, nor is the average stonethrowing muslim's view. Like it or not there are people in this world that truly believe in a violent Islam.

My point is: It's all a matter of percenption.

You mention the second gulf war. The weapons of mass destruction were just an excuse you say... An excuse for what??? A sceptic will say: for oil!, a naive person will say: it was simply a mistake of the CIA, Michael Moore says: To finish dad's job!

Fanatic muslims will say: to kill muslims, to eradicate islam!

I've seen the second gulf war on CNN: Shiny tanks, beautifull explosions, a warsim on TV! The picture on Al Jazeera: wounded civilians, Americans kicking down doors, grabbing women by the arm, disturbing households.

It's all a matter of perception... And the way this is going more and more muslims will become convinced that their religion is in danger and a jihad is called for.

Freedom comes with responsibility. Especialy the press should always ask the question on how their articles/columns/cartoons will be perceived. If the cartoonists/editor responsible for these cartoons would have spent a minute to consider this, they would have found that it is forbidden in islam to depict God and Muhammad, let alone make cartoons about either of them.

This raises the question for whom these cartoons were ment.
Were they ment for "the rest of the world" i.e. non-muslims. What was their purpose? Pure entertainment (at the cost of others?)
Were they ment to urge moderate muslims to take action? Then they should have known about islamic rules about depicting the prophet.

Now, if they were ment to aggrevate fanatic muslims and to help them to recruit new suicide bombers.... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

On 08-02-2006 14:59 principe wrote:
Dear anybody,

I read the following comment not long ago. I do not know where it came from- therefore I just throw this message on this messageboard, hoping anybody with more in depth knowledge of the Quran can point me out where I can find the following (refernece?):

“In nowhere in the Quran are you allowed to force anyone to become Muslim. You may try to encourage them, persuade them, let them see the possibility, but never can you force or threaten someone to become Muslim. It is completely forbidden, and will never, ever, be considered as permissible.”

you can read it in the Al Qurán

Freedom to believe :
Al Qurán 2:256 Al Baqarah
27: 91
18: 29
88: 22-23

About Relationship with the Jews and Christians
Al Qur'an 2 : 62

Even for the "Unbeliever" :
109:1-6

I hope that I donot make a misqoute.

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

principe
User
spacer line

Thank you, Mr. Sidia

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

A cartoon can say more than 1000 words.

http://www.coxandforkum.com/ar(...)1.ImageProblem-X.gif

Sukarno: Bhineka Tunggal Ika.

Gracias. Sama sama

janss557
User
spacer line

I'm "afraid" (what's in a name) that I'm just being lucky. All I saw were 12 little white squares with red crosses in them. A failure in my PC has helped me not to tresspass some unwritten law.

The problem is that too many persons take themselves too seriously. If you see the humour, people can't possibly have the inclination to look down on you. If you don't take yourself too seriously, other people will take you seriously!

rumbataha

andre
User
spacer line

On 03-02-2006 11:08 Jeroen wrote:
And these are the images where its all about.

Hey Jeroen, did you remove the cartoons?

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,240,767 topic views - 234,386 posts - 13,692 topics - 25,241 members - last post @ 22-10-2019 03:49 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

124,691,391 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com