indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

BlogBlot
User
spacer line

Govt condemns publication of prophet's caricatures

Indonesia, which has the biggest Muslim population in the world, Saturday condemned the publication of caricatures of Prophet Muhammad by a Danish newspaper late last year and their reprint in several Western European countries recently. President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, leader of 212 million people, said the publication of the caricatures clearly showed insensitivity towards the views and faiths of other religions.

Continue reading , click the title

BlogBlot
User
spacer line

Rakyat Merdeka publishes, and removes, cartoons

The simmering controversy over the publication of cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad in a number of European media as well as a local newspaper's website ignited protests here Friday. In Jakarta, hundreds of members of the Islamic Defenders Front (FPI) and the Indonesian Mujahidin Council (MMI) held a protest against Rakyat Merdeka online on Friday after the website ran the cartoons -- showing the image of the Prophet, which is forbidden in Islam -- earlier this week.

Continue reading , click the title

sascha
User
User icon of sascha
spacer line

service.spiegel.de/cache/inter(...),1518,398853,00.html

he is right

why should we back down to some people demonstrating on the street chanting death to danes and burning flags?? to the people raiding a EU bureau in palestina, their biggest donor?? the people who make deaththreats?? people with a mediaevel mentality?? these caricatures were made for european eyes (only!!!), we can deal with it. so just ask ur goverment for improving their censorship(they are good at it and if not they should ask china or n.korea) and we wont bother u anymore. Emoticon: Stupid Emoticon: Nice

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Ach So !
Quatsch von eine Muslim dissident.

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

'Is it 'freedom of press' or 'freedom of trade' ............
All newspapers are figting 'to survive the new electronic media', I hope all the
journalists with good craftman-/womanship would find their way into the new media and stay independent ....... for them the times are are tough !!!

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Heard on the radio that A.E.L. had also their cartoons .
Can someone give us more information ??
what kind of cartoons?

iemand
User
User icon of iemand
spacer line

Damaskus/Gaza/Kopenhagen (dpa) - the indignation in the Islamic countries about the disputed Mohammed caricatures unloads itself increasingly in force. In the Syrian capital Damascus demonstrators the Danish and a little set the Norwegian message into fire dozens of partially masked young men and pupils stones on the German agency hit destroyed into Gaza would later have thrown, for disks and to furniture, reported a eyewithnes.a Danish embassy spokesman in the broadcast confirmed, turned out the entire building in Damascus in flames on Saturday of hundreds. There also the diplomatic agencies of Sweden and Chile are accommodate afterwards pulled the applied demonstrators to the Norwegian message. Here the police, which had held back itself with the conquest of the Danish message, intervened, but it the demonstrators succeeded nevertheless to set the building in fire. Demonstrators tried subsequently, after eye-witness reports also at the French Ambasy to arrive, however by the police one stopped.A Polish couple got kidnapt.

http://www.freenet.de/freenet/(...)07ca485410f7d2a.html

poging om alle westerse vertegenwoordigingen oftewel ambassades in Syrie van de kaart te vegen/branden inklusief het EU-Buro in Gaza en het lukt ze vrij aardig, de politie ondernam
niks bij de bestorming van de Deense ambassade, pas later toen de
demonstranten bij de duitse ambassade aankwam kwam de politie ertussen
maar toen was ook daar het kwaad al geschied.lijkt wel alsof er toestemming
was de Deense ambassade in brand te zetten
en dit allemaal vanwege een paar pictures

garuda
User
User icon of garuda
spacer line

what if the POPE showd nuded? KICK HISS ASS! They already have posters with a photo from the pope with a joint and the lyric: I LIKE THE POPE THE POPE SMOKES DOPE! (www.large.com), let us go to the coffee-shop and smoke some dope with the pope.
What if Mohammed smokes dope on a poster? You already know that... so, do the christians also have to threat us or what? Emoticon: Confused

I AM THE MOST CRAZIEST IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!!!

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

Nog een paar dagen reactie op reactie en dan is ook dit onderwerp niet meer interessant en gaan we door in de evolutie van de tijd......
Als wij vast ophouden en weer overgaan op de orde van de dag: visum, hotelletjes en vakanties, dan hebben wij alvast een voorsprong op de rest van de wereld. Emoticon: Wink
Sorry, de wierook en de geur van de slof kretek in de kast achter me worden me te machtig!
Groetjes en selamat tidur!

Begin de details te vergeten

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

Is it also a good idea to storm the KBRI in The Hague when bule die in the next terrorist attack in Indonesia? Emoticon: Wink

Gracias. Sama sama

Jantje
User
spacer line

Ofcourse not. We are civilized people. What have embassy personel to do with it. Emoticon: Laugh out loud

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

On 05-02-2006 23:51 kiwimave wrote:
Is it also a good idea to storm the KBRI in The Hague when bule die in the next terrorist attack in Indonesia? Emoticon: Wink

Emoticon: Nooo Try to do it .

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

On 06-02-2006 05:50 Jantje wrote:
Ofcourse not. We are civilized people. What have embassy personel to do with it. Emoticon: Laugh out loud

Thank you Jantje. That's what I mean, it's a clash of civilized people (in the West) against uncivilized people (Middle East)

Gracias. Sama sama

Agung
User
User icon of Agung
spacer line

Quite right! If we had the same mentality we would be very very busy burning done flags & embassies. Starting with the embassy of the U.K. because of "the live of Brian", then the embassy of Iran, because of the recent remarks of their president. Etc. etc.

These people have to learn that they should feel personally insulted if somebody makes a joke about something they consider sacred, holy or important in any way.

If Europe backs off and starts with self-censure, this will be the end our civilisation.

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

All right all little children around the world PLAYING TIME is OVER, now just go back to work and stop RIOTING Emoticon: Yes!

They even started rioting in Somalia (hell on earth)...haha

Gracias. Sama sama

kadir
User
spacer line

I dont believe the cartoons about the pope is made by any muslim, dutch boy!!! Emoticon: Angry

sascha
User
User icon of sascha
spacer line

jew "colonies on earth" pope "peace on earth"
pope is just an supporting act in this one defaming the jews as devils.

spacer line  

On 06-02-2006 21:59 kadir wrote:
I dont believe the cartoons about the pope is made by any muslim, dutch boy!!! Emoticon: Angry

No, they even do it to them selfs, cant you see how it is ment???
It is in the cultrure of many european countries to be cynical, about everything, It is for sure not ment serious.
But obviously some people do not want to see that.
Just another excuse to deliver they're rage....

nothing else.

If it looks only a little bit wrong, some idiots go nuts.
releasing there build up anger about other things.

And one small detail, my first name is Mohammad, so I should be the first one to be angry,

But at least I relativate......

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

On 07-02-2006 07:44 sascha wrote:
[img]
defaming the jews as devils.

We must make difference between Jews (people / religion) and Zionist.
It is not the same.

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

"About 200 protesters from the Islamic Defenders Front (FPI) in West Java town of Bandung threatened to conduct searches for Danish nationals in the country if Denmark -- where the series of 12 cartoons was first published last September -- did not try those responsible.

Protest coordinator Asep Syarifuddin warned that the group would transport Danes to the airport to be repatriated"

Londoh, just be careful in Solo OK! I'm afraid those FPI-idiots cannot make a difference between Dutch and Danish nationals. Just stay inside the house those days Emoticon: Wink

Gracias. Sama sama

andre
User
spacer line

It's not about the cartoons themself. It's the fact that "the west" made and published these pictures about a religion that is not theirs.

The "nice example" of dutchguy is probably made by someone with a christian upbringing. The same goes for many other cartoons and the unequalled humoristic "life of Brian" by Monty Piton. All caricatures of christanity made by people from chistian societies.

A muslim will never make such a caricature of islam. The Quoran, the Prophet and Allah are to holy.

The reactions to these cartoons are only partly a reaction to the cartoons themself. Much more, they are a reaction to the growing imperialism from the west.

Agung
User
User icon of Agung
spacer line

On 07-02-2006 12:26 andre wrote: The reactions to these cartoons are only partly a reaction to the cartoons themself. Much more, they are a reaction to the growing imperialism from the west.

I'm sorry, but this is really non-sense. What "growing imperialism" do you mean? About 50-60 years ago nearly the whole Muslim world was a colony of a western country.

Since then they've all become independent, so what do you mean with "growing imperialism"?

I think their anger comes from the fact that being independent they’re not able to turn their country into something serious. Note that the most serious riots are in countries that have not been able to organize themselves very well.

andre
User
spacer line

I'm talking about growing imperialism towards islamic countries, because they are islamic .

Untill 60 years ago, western countries colonized the middle east, asia and Indonesia because of natural recources. The religion of the natives wasn't an issue as long as it didn't threaten trade (with the exception of spain in latin America).

Now islamic countries are pressured and even invaded to change the islamic regimes. I do not condone terrorism, nor do I think that women shouldn't be allowed to go to school. But that is my personal truth, based on my upbringing and the culture that I've grown up in.

We don't want to be invaded by the Taliban, so they can introduce the Sharia, nor do they want to be invaded by the U.S. so they can introduce playboy magazine.

These cartoons are just the fuse that could ignite the "let us be" bomb in the islamic world.

Agung
User
User icon of Agung
spacer line

I don't think there's any imperialism towards countries because they're islamic. Irak was invaded because of "weapons of mass destruction". Even if this was only an excuse, the fact is that Irak was not invaded because of islam.

I think that you're too modest with saying "personal truth", to condone terrorism and allowing everyone to go to school are universal truths in my view.

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

On 07-02-2006 17:02 Agung wrote:
I dont think theres any imperialism towards countries because theyre islamic.

Not the old time imperialism , but de so called NEO Imperialism.
With Neo.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,216,173 topic views - 234,382 posts - 13,692 topics - 25,236 members - last post @ 21-10-2019 15:24 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

124,676,108 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com