indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

I have just returned to Calgary,Canada om May28 from spending the last 6 months visiting friends there. For my friend and I it is our second home. We only wish the people here in Canada would be as pleasant and heart warming as the people of Indonesia. We feel so sad because many tourist stop coming because mostly political BS from the western countries. I will be trying to spread the word the Indonesia is the Garden of Eden. I talk to one person while I was there ,he told me he has traveled all over the world and the nicest people in the world are the Indonesians. I have traveled as as him but for what I know he is so right.
I want to thank the people or the person that made this site as I will use it to show people here in Canada and hope all who read will want to make their next holiday in Indonesia. If anyone would like to contact me please send me e-mail plbender2001Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.shaw.ca. If you are in Calgary,AB call we will meet for coffee. Thank Thank -You. Emoticon: Bye bye

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Woow.. SIX months, you must be very lucky! Emoticon: Puh!

Where have you been if I may ask you?

spacer line  

This time we spent most of our time in Bali,1 reason our friend came to bali for first time,he stayed for 1 month after our first visa run.In the first 2 months,mostly visiting with our many friend. These 2 months we went to Java on invite to Banyuwangi,2 boys ceremony from boy to man. While we were there they had the horse dance(black majic).I was the only caucasian there. I was so lucky and the family is good,I say I hope the opportunity to see again I never new or realized when I went. Hard to explain.
We spent 1 week in Jakarta on our 1st visa run to Singapore. After our last visa run we went to Flores for 3 weeks(Labuhanbajo,Ruteng,Bajawa,Ende,& Maumere), visiting many friends that we met in Bali and they returned home because of no work. We met new friends that are now family for us.
We were in Indonesia 9 months prio to this time for 4 months. We traveled in Sumatra,Java,Bali,Gilles.
We have traveled by plane,bus ,train,Pelni,ferry,fast ferry,auto and yes on foot up mountains to sata in Villages over night on invites. We have been very lucky.
I only wish I had started coming to Indonesia 10 or 15 years earlier.We have many foto and we will send you some if you wish.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 13 July 2003 23:01 wrote:
We have many foto and we will send you some if you wish.

Coming to the point directly.. Yes I will, and my mailbox is always open to pictures, but not after 5 august, because then I'm on holiday....

But I can understand very well that you want to go to Indonesia. I'm lucky I'm just not a student anymore, and I'm free to go.

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

I'm glad to the fact that you guys vote Indonesian is the best place to visit. You gotta believe it! Emoticon: Wink

As an Indonesian, I am proud of my people who always give the best smile they have and warm hearted to people like you.

I have been living the States for almost 13 years, once a year I get to go home, normally I stay for a few days in Jakarta and spend the most of my holiday in Bali.

One thing about a club in Bali that I do not appreciate is a discrimination. I am not sure how many clubs do this, but I was being stopped by the security because I had to pay the cover charge for being Indonesian. It's not about the money but I do not think that is right. Because of my skin, my look and speak the same langugage and doh it is my country..I have to pay to enter the club while white guys free to come and go! ....

Hope that will change soon...

Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

On 02-08-2003 22:29 Desi Clark wrote:

One thing about a club in Bali that I do not appreciate is a discrimination. I am not sure how many clubs do this, but I was being stopped by the security ... for being Indonesian.

This happens in Holland as well, Arabic looking people get stopped by the entrance of many clubs. But that's because a substantial subgroup of those people tend to be quite aggressive .. Emoticon: Wink

Gracias. Sama sama

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

On 14-07-2003 09:00 Jeroen wrote:

But I can understand very well that you want to go to Indonesia. Im lucky Im just not a student anymore, and Im free to go.

Well Yerun, because I was a student i had the oportunity to stay 2 times for a long time in Indonesia. Now I have to start working and can't afford a long stay anymore in Indonesia, exept if I'm able to work in Indonesia Emoticon: Smile

Nice perspective 5 agustus.... Emoticon: iri dong

- Let us live simply so that others may simply live -

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

I am stupid, so was obliged to stay as long as 16 years in Indonesia.

Nice perspective although, I fly, insy'allah, to the Netherlands on June 1st, away from the biggest mess in the whole wide world Emoticon: Yeah right!

Tuti & Jan
User
User icon of Tuti & Jan
spacer line

I give you less then one year and you are going back to Indonesia to be again stupid.
Stupid people are usually also very happy!
Jan

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 11-05-2006 13:14 Tuti & Jan wrote:

Stupid people are usually also very happy!
Jan

I think you are very right Jan, I feel happy almost every day, when not it only lasts 24 hours. But strangely I also feel happy in the low countries, watching people busy x3, no time, I look up my "agenda" hahahahahaha...... Emoticon: Shiny

My secret is that I love "susah" when there is no "susah" in life it bores me to dead.

spacer line  

Ya ya....Londoh...i'll give you maximum 2 months ( mungkin 3) di belanda...always bla bla....but fast back again to your home Solo. Emoticon: Nice

Live life to the max.......

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 11-05-2006 17:22 Martin-Solo. wrote:
Ya ya....Londoh...ill give you maximum 2 months ( mungkin 3) di belanda.

Did you become an immigration officer there ? Ayam sory Maaas, masih pegang paspor Belanda Emoticon: Shiny

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Hmm.. maybe there is an immigration law against people who have spent more than 15 years in Indonesia or something.. did you ever check that? Emoticon: Wink

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

It might be I will receive a better treatment (VIP or so) at Schiphol, Our Lost Son returned to the cradle from that dirty ex-colony Emoticon: Yeah right!

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

You will probably get a military parade through Amsterdam as well then Emoticon: Very funny

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Followed by an official reception by Queen Wilhelmina at the Dam palace, with tea and Maria biscuits Emoticon: Shiny After that I can take the 17 direction Home sweet Home and have a salted herring which badly needs some swimming lessons in a "sloot" Jonge van Wees, the one and only Amsterdam Jonge Genever

kiwimave
User
User icon of kiwimave
spacer line

Lon waar blijven je foto's trouwens van de schatjes van Adam Air?

Gracias. Sama sama

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Tenang aja Dok,

I just returned to my temporary premises in Solo after an Indonesian train trip (Argo Willis, not so bad) so please give me a break will you Emoticon: Yawn

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

I think in this thread there are a few people mixing up their own dreams with what I already have realized. 16 years in Indonesia is a very long time, and I haven't been sitting on my ass all those years. If I only think about the places I have seen. The airports for example:

Ambon Pattimura
Bacan Oesman Sadik
Balikpapan Sepinggan Airport
Banda Aceh Sultan Iskandar Muda
Bandung Husen Sastranegara
Bangka Airport
Banjarmassin Syamsudin Noor
Batam Hang Nadim
Biak Frans Kaseipo
Denpasar Ngurah Rai
Ende Airport
Gorontalo Tolotio
Jakarta Halim Perdanakusuma
Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta
Jambi Sultan Taha Syarifudin
Kupang El Tari
Makassar Hasanuddin
Manado Sam Ratulangi
Manokwari Rendani
Medan Polonia
Padang Tabing
Palembang Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II
Pekanbaru Sultan Syarif Kasim II
Pontianak Supadio
Serui Airport
Solo Adi Sumarmo Wiryokusumo
Surabaya Juanda
Tanjung Pinang Kijang
Ternate Sultan Babullah
Yogyakarta Adisutjipto

Next time the harbours and terminal bis Emoticon: Shiny

My advise : try to stay 5 years in Indonesia, and then we can start to talk Emoticon: Yeah right!

Groetjes

hobo1
User
spacer line

Reply to Desi, if you are still following this tread....

I had a bar in Lombok for about 2 years. The reputation gets out that this is where all the bules come and drink. This is a great opportunity for enterprising Indonesians to sit and talk about taking a tour, buy some land, buying everything that is legal and illegal, etc. A bar is a good atmosphere to pick up a few rich bule clients if you are lucky.

The next thing you know, the ratio of Indonesian to bule gets to double or triple. In the meantime, an Indonesian who is in the bar to hustle, nurses one beer along the whole evening.

The result is tourists will not come back again because they are hustled and hassled all night. The bar owner looses money because he's not selling lots of booze. That is the problem. The only solution that seems to stop this problem is to have a cover charge for the locals. It is not fair, and I don't like it.

I challenge anybody to come up with a better solution. I thought - well, keep the ratio of tourist to local the same. If 25 tourists, then allow 25 locals. That is sure to make people angry too. I thought - well, don't serve booze to Muslims. This would discourage some in Lombok, but that's not a nice way to operate. This is a tough problem, but believe me, the bar operator MUST find a solution to the problem or he'll go out of business.

Ya'all understand what I'm talkin' about? Emoticon: Bye bye

Hideaway Bungalow in Kuta Lombok - check my homepage

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Indonesians and drinking is a terrible combination that always causes trouble. I never drink in a place with a mayority of Indonesians having Bintang in front of them. In 1995 I had a bottle in my face as "terima kasih" from a soldier to whom I refused to speak english. Face full of blood, everybody ran away, I had to go find medical help to sew up my face by myself. After that I had lots of trouble to get the soldier arrested.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

68,537,155 topic views - 230,541 posts - 13,656 topics - 20,445 members - last post @ 22-02-2019 19:15 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

113,947,531 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com