indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Hi Ya'll

Please be kind to share with me the procedures for getting married in Indonesia from A to Z ....

I learned today that a man who is moslem could have up to 4 wives ..( wow..foursome..hehehehe)

Foreigner, do you have to register at the Embassy to legalize your marriage? So if you do not register that means you are still single in your country but married in Indonesia?

Does Nederlands recognize polygamy or monogamy?

I know in Indonesia you child will be automatically a foreigner if the father is BULE.....but do you think Nederlands recognize the child as a Nederland?

Thank you for your inputs.....

Danke!
Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Two types of marriage are legal in Indonesia

Religious only (no official registration) - with witness according to the procedures of any religion where we expats ecape all the legal formalities of marriage

Official - where our wives and children get trapped in our expat problems ........

Too long to explain ......hehehe

Rgds
Ali

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

1st of all I feel sorry for one wifes of the moslem man you mention.So he told you he had sex with 3 of his wifes and let one do the dishes?whahahhah Your maths really bad as you told me.
For in case you still don't get it: It should be a fivesome! whahhaha
Holland doesn't know polygamy.
Euhm I have alll the procedure on paper to legalize the marriage in hollang too.You have to legalize the papers in 3 instansi. Will tell you more when I have more time ok?

Later!! Emoticon: Bye bye

Just because you're paranoid don't mean there're not after you...

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Danke is German, Desi! Please watch out:
All you want to know the legal in and outs about a marriage in Indonesia, where one partner is foreign (in this case Dutch) you can find on http://www.netherlandsembassy.(...)id/html/huwelijk.cfm (also a Bahasa Indonesia version)
The Netherlands marriage laws allow only monogamic marriages, and those can be male/female, male/male and female/female (the last two recently). That doesn't mean that you can't have a polygamic marriage, only that one (in general the first) marriage is legally aknowledged, and that you cannot marriage another person in the Netherlands unless the existing marriage is annulled by divorce. Children born out of relationships outside the existing marriage cannot be legalised by the natural father (if he is married to another woman)! If a married man or woman marry somebody else in another country there is nobody to stop you. It will only be impossible to legalize that marriage in the Netherlands. If you want to marry in the Netherlands and you are a foreigner you are obliged to show a document that states that you are not married. The funny thing is that some countries (even in Europe) don't issue this kind of documents. If this is the case it depends on bilateral treaties if the Netherlands accept this.
Concerning your last question; a child born out of a mixed marriage or relationship in Indonesia where a Dutchmen is the father. If the marriage is officialy registred in the Netherlands then the child will get automatically the Dutch nationality (providing the birth has been registerd at a Dutch consulate or the embassy. In the case that the marriage is not registred or in the case of a different partnership, the child wil only receive the Dutch nationality 5 years after it has been legally aknowledged by the father at a Dutch civic registry (new rule effective from april 2003).
Pffff, need to know more?

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

uh ah uh...Mr. Martyn taught me that! So blame it on him..hahahahaha

Thanks Diederick, Ali and Martyn for sharing..appreciate it!

Yerun..don't you have something to share??????????

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

I did marrie in Jakarta but my lovely wife had not so much trouble arranging everything,as long as you pay the handlingfees.Getting visa for her was far more difficult Emoticon: Wink

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

On 27-05-2004 10:02 Veer01 wrote:
I did marrie in Jakarta but my lovely wife had not so much trouble arranging everything,as long as you pay the handlingfees.Getting visa for her was far more difficult Emoticon: Wink

Veer.. welcome back! it has been a while....

Is your wife Indonesia or orang Belanda juga?

Why would she need a visa for?

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

Hi Desi,I was gone for a while cause of the marriage in Jakarta.My wife is from Java-Jakarta and she needed the visa to enter Holland,which is difficult nowadays.She is now resting on the couch while I check out the internet.This is cause of her 8-month-pregnancy and we are in busy times,you understand.When she is fine I will have her send a message too in the future...greetings,John and Edith. Emoticon: Shiny

juffy
User
spacer line

Iíve found some information on:
http://www.law.emory.edu/IFL/legal/indonesia.htm
(just click on the line above!)
I donít know how far these are pertinent.
Best regards!

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

I would just like to ad for those who have wedding plans and are planning to get married in Holland or Dutch Embassy.

The Indonesian person will need to translate all of his/her papers into Dutch, the leagel papers which are needed to get permissin to get married.
Papers such as;
Birth Cirtificate
Proof not married
If ever married before proof who he or she was.
Paper that the Indonesian Goverment give permission for the marriage.

To translate all, by the Embassy it costed me +/- 700 Euros (7.000.000 Rp).

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,886,228 topic views - 234,939 posts - 13,697 topics - 25,674 members - last post @ 15-11-2019 11:26 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,721,198 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com