indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

People, this talk about nite-life makes me yearn for some clubbing, which unfortunately, is not a good idea right now.

you see, for the past week there has been a lot of police raids at clubs from small clubs to big ones like Retro (at Crown Plaza), Bliss (menara jamsostek), Dragonfly (BIP Tower) and Embassy (taman ria senayan). The police are searching for drug dealers and users, they even have mobile urine-test equipment ready. I don't use drugs, not even interested in trying, but those raids are fun spoilers. Imagine yourself having lotsa fun in the company of good friends and great drinks, then suddenly, wham! Police come bursting in. So, right now l avoid those clubs.

My friends tell me that Hard Rock Cafe is probably the only raid-free spot in Jakarta but who wants to go to HRC right now? It's not fun anymore, it has lost its "club atmosphere" since moved to EX center. Luckily there is Setiabudi One at Rasuna Said. kinda Citos with an attitude, it's cozier and more comfortable than Citos.

'd better stop right now.. have fun, and let me know if you wanna go clubbing. perhaps i'd change my mind... Emoticon: Cooool

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

Robert70
User
spacer line

Hi kinanti pinta
I come from Holland, usely people think all dutch use drugs. I never did and I can tell you many don't use. I know you can also having fun with going out without using this shit.
I agree with you that after a raid, the atmosphere in the bar/club/disco will be down. I compare it with the atmosphere after a big fight. After such incident, i immediatly go to another bar, or when it's nearly time to go home, I go home.

Now I had so many idee's from other forum members to go out in Jakarta, but when I read your post, I'm less happy then before. Go out must be fun, no stress and enjoy.

When you want go clubbing with me, leave a message in mine mailbox. I will be in Jakarta in about 2 weeks. If it's nice I stay long, if not I go on.

See you, enjoy

Di Roberto

maurits
User
User icon of maurits
spacer line

Hi Kinanti,

I heard from a friend, who is working in JKT, that the police raids are terrible. That's also one of the reasons he is not clubbing anymore.

Another reasons is that he is so bloody busy, hehe... But can you tell me if the raids are still going on?
Not really nice, standing in a club and suddenly the police comes in. Saw it one time, and I was really terrified...

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

belgianguy
User
User icon of belgianguy
spacer line

it seems that right now there are plenty of police raids on nightclubs in jakarta
there is a new police chief and he's cracking down on gambling and drugs
you can read about it almost every day on www.thejakartapost.com

spacer line  

hi guys..
the raid thing is still going on.. but you will never know where it's gonna hit.. so if you want to go clubbing or anything... just go.. maybe you'll get lucky... otherwise, there is always another city to go, like bandung or even bali...
anyway.. be carefull, if you do drugs like extacy or smoke weed, dont do this yet...

Bintaro
User
spacer line

WHAT ABOUT GAY NIGHTLIFE IN JAKARTA?

= edit: don't shout please =

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 19-08-2005 11:03 Bintaro wrote:

Indonesians are very tolerant towards homosexuality. If one sees see how so called "banci" are just part of the society, I think even the Dutch can learn something, as I don't think people like this so much in the Netherlands

But Indonesians don't talk openly abt matters like this, so your capital letters are out of place here. Typical Dutch, as if being gay is so special.
My ass Emoticon: Shut up!

regards

spacer line  

On 19-08-2005 11:03 Bintaro wrote:

= edit: dont shout please =

You like that place errrr are you one of them??
go to Lapangan Banteng, and that place will suit you perfectly Emoticon: Puh! Emoticon: Puh!

travelbug
User
User icon of travelbug
spacer line

Why doesn't anyone mention about D's place or My Bar in Block - M? Nice places to chill out - a bit smokey though! There's a Wet T-shirt contest in D's Places on Wednesday evenings......give it a shot sometimes. Cheers.

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

Travelbug, I wouldn't recommend the places you mentioned, to Bintaro. Maybe he's looking for places like that, but for gay people. Maybe Kinanti knows, as a true Jakarta reporter.
Naughty, tega banget sih lw nyebut Lapangan Banteng. It is good you didn't mention Taman Lawang or Bulungan Emoticon: Clown

tunawisma, tunakarya, tunamasalah

spacer line  

hey, wazzup? yeah, l know enough of gay nitelife here. just hang out at McDOnald's Sarinah Thamrin and you'll see many many gays. Or work out at Fitness First Plaza Semanggi. The bars? just visit Matabar at Dharmawangsa Square. They have gay night every thursday/friday if i'm not mistaken. A male stripper show at another bar. I can tell you more but maybe later ya. Been there, done that. Emoticon: Very funny

spacer line  

oh, bad news for clubbers: Embassy Bar at Taman Ria Senayan was on fire early this morning. It will be temporary closed until reconstruction finished. What a waste, it's such a nice place to hang out Emoticon: Nooo

spacer line  

really??
ya embassy is nice place but too many ABG there and the drink there is not so good like in CJ's, Tiga puluh, Bats, Dragon Fly & Vertigo!
The drink in embassy is less than One Shot. very low taste Emoticon: Puh!

axeman
User
spacer line

Problem with CJs and BATS is most conversation goes like this:
you: Hello
she: Hello, where you live?
you: In XYZ
she: Ohhh, thats too faaarrr
or something like 'No money no honey'
Its very difficult to find a normal girl who's not looking for 'business' there for a regular chat, just friendship stuff. Where to go to??

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

There isn't. It's all about money honey. No money, no honey. Kalau nggak ada duit, you cannot do it.

spacer line  

aah, ramadhan is coming. no clubbing for a month Emoticon: Sadley

Rainman
User
User icon of Rainman
spacer line

Anybody here like to play pool?

I am always at Afterhours in Sarinah.....

Everything in life is in Contexure. When there is a problem, there will always be a solution. So why let the problem bother you (www.tokcok.com/forum)

Rainman
User
User icon of Rainman
spacer line

On 03-10-2005 22:17 kinanti pinta wrote:
aah, ramadhan is coming. no clubbing for a month Emoticon: Sadley

Life goes on... Most places would be closed for today and tomorrow. Then Biz as usual. However, cafe in hotels would be remain opened right?

Everything in life is in Contexure. When there is a problem, there will always be a solution. So why let the problem bother you (www.tokcok.com/forum)

BlackDre
User
spacer line

On 12-09-2005 12:57 axeman wrote:
Problem with CJs and BATS is most conversation goes like this:
you: Hello
she: Hello, where you live?
you: In XYZ
she: Ohhh, thats too faaarrr
or something like No money no honey
Its very difficult to find a normal girl whos not looking for business there for a regular chat, just friendship stuff. Where to go to??

what exactly does it mean "that's too far"?

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

bring me home,
let me stay in your place,
give me money to go home if you don't come with me

Just a guess though Emoticon: Very funny Emoticon: Smile

spacer line  

nooo, when the girls say 'that's too far' or something like that, it doesn't mean anything. It's just basa basi, small talk to keep the conversation going further and further and further... and who knows if both are lucky, they might end up in the bedroom or bathroom or the car or the dark corner.. or.. wherever kuchi kuchi yada yada. Enough lesson from Lady Marmalade. Must back to work now. Emoticon: Yawn

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

On 26-10-2005 00:07 kinanti pinta wrote:

basa basi,
they might end up in the bedroom or bathroom or the car or the dark corner.. or.. wherever kuchi kuchi yada yada.
Enough lesson from Lady Marmalade. Must back to work now. Emoticon: Yawn

Ach : from basa basi to -------
more lesson please ??

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

pPamela
User
spacer line

Latest news re BuGils, seems they have been shut down from the report in their weekly newsletter I receive into my email.www.bartele.com/newsletters/Oct25nl2005.htm
Pamela

axeman
User
spacer line

'Too farrr' means it takes too long to get to your place and then back again for someone else in one night, me thinks. I feel sad for the local girls, money is in short supply so 'wealthy' expats are a bit of a target and this bothers me, is she chatting to me cos she likes me (I sure as hell am not handsome and young) or has she got her eyes on my wallet. One thing I must say tho is that Indonesia does have stunning girls. When a girl is beautifull here she is drop-dead gorgeous, must be the fine bone structures and dark hair, dunno, heaven help us. The fancy bars at the fancy hotels do get a bit boring though, they are too glitzy, flashy. The older places tend to have more character, places in the style of Cafe Batavia. What goes on there at night? Is there a bit of a night life? And PS, Jeroen, you gotta change that photo fo yours, totally misleading, I believe! When you brush your teeth at nght I don't think that face stares back at you.

spacer line  

hey axeman, be careful what you mean by "local girls." Do not generalize. Or better, maybe you can define your perception of the "local girls" who target 'welathy' expats. if you can, kindly do so.

regards,
a local girl

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

51,373,049 topic views - 223,798 posts - 13,517 topics - 16,730 members - last post @ 21-11-2017 00:03 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

92,366,477 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com