indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

zukhunter
User
User icon of zukhunter
spacer line

I would like your opinion on the nightlife of Jakarta.

I have almost only positive things to say about it.
As a former expat a enjoyed the great night life in Jakarta.
A have a big list of pubs and night clubs I use to go.
Here is short part of the list a what I think about it.

First one of the oldest pubs in Jakarta
Jaya pub.
One of the best pub in town good pub food and a great band.
The only thing is that their best guitar player recently died on stage as a true rock star.
The prices are good

Bugils.
Bugils is a Dutch pub great pub food as well especially for the gloggies under us on the menu patat and boerenkool.
They have lovely waitress. The even made a calendar this year .
Great bar.

Salsa
Salsa is a good spot in Kemang.
Nice salsa music and there are Salsa teacher there they given lessons.
Nice food and good prices.

BATS
Well know Hotel bar
The prices are high and you have to pay to get in the pub.
Fridays is a good night there.

Tigah Pullah (30)
The other hotel bar
Here the prices are high as well.
But you don't have to pay to get in

Nightclubs

Stadium
One of my favourite nightclubs.
Opens at Friday night and close at Monday morning 8 o'clock.
A lot of Indonesian there good place
That house club has a good atmosphere and is going all the way.
But be careful there are a lot off drugs there.

MUSRO
Great places as well.
Good music and a lot of expat here.
There is a MUSRO in Bali as well.
Not as good as the one in Jakarta.

Retro
Average places.
And a bit expansive for what you get.

There are a lot more places to go like JJ, HRC block M but I would like your opinion to the nightlife in Jakarta

Gilbert

ardiyani
User
spacer line

Wow, U already had a lot of list. For your reference maybe could open www.mytimeoff.com. Because there are list of pub/bar also in there. Ok keep hang out in jakarta nightlife. And if U need other information about new fitness/bar/pub tell me. Good Luck

spacer line  

Good job zukhunter!! Do you know what Bugils stands for? Its BUle GILa, hahaha! Really, it's true. The owner is also an expat man and wish to keep his bar a nice place to meet and chat. SO, anybody interested to hang out at Bugils together sometimes?
Gimme a ring ya.
Emoticon: Shiny

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

zukhunter
User
User icon of zukhunter
spacer line

I know the one of the waitress told me.
It is a good pub but a shame there are so many cloggies.
Does any one have the calendar spare? They brought out this calendar with all the waitress posing it was great but I left it.in the office when I left Jakarta Emoticon: Cry Emoticon: Cry . And I friend of mine told there not there any more.
So if somebody got one spare let me know.
I will be back in Jakarta again in July we always can go for a drink. Emoticon: Yes!

spacer line  

Could you please tell me the meaning of CLOGGIES?
and please email me your cellphone number when you're back so we can arrange a meeting there. Perhaps other forum readers care to join us? come on, the more the merrier... Emoticon: Very funny

zukhunter
User
User icon of zukhunter
spacer line

Cloggies is a an other word for wooden shoes or clogs that is how the English people call the dutch. Emoticon: Smile

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

I just like the embassy Emoticon: Clown
A lot of people and a lot of good music. Also places to relax
Regards, Johan

Begin de details te vergeten

budowono1
User
spacer line

nite life betawi.

original at Jl jatinegara ke asung restoran.
Sung uncle best in Jakarta.
best Makan.
best Casiono.
Best life Musik
best street life.

asung jl-Jatinegara barat.
Aka Sung Uncle.

from 234 purowangi gang gerilya

Richy
User
User icon of Richy
spacer line

Best places for nightlife (in my opinion):

Hardrock Cafe:
Very standard for the bule maybe but my favourite weekend spot during my 6 months stay because of the very relaxed/ friendly atmosphere and the very good band who was performing there during that time. A lot of locals who just come there to have a nice time...

Embassy:
More for the upper class people... good music... nice atmosphere... good looking place...

C.J.'s
In Mulia hotel across Senayan. Very good atmosphere brought to you by a nice band which looks more like a bunch of foreign (escaped) criminals ;-) Specially in the weekends very crowdedů

Stadium:
If there is a hell on earth it is called Stadium... went to the top floor... That place really looks like the bar in the movie "From dusk till dawn".
Very nice looking place... good music... but a lot of prostitution and drugs... girls waiting at the entrance of the top floor brought to you by a "mama"... even you were not interested they kept pushing... for me this was a real killer of the atmosphere...

"Veel mensen hebben een te hoge dunk van wat ze niet zijn, en een te geringe dunk van wat ze wel zijn".

minima
User
spacer line

Nightlife in Jakarta is not anymore for the Jakartans (especially women) to enjoy .... Emoticon: Cry

We can hardly find a place where women can go with her friends simply to dance and have fun without being harrashed ~ if not by the male visitors (mostly non Indonesians) then by the *professional working girl* (all Indonesians... the so called *ayam* ). >:* >:*

mINImA

PS: why no one mentioned Burgundy (was O'Relly); Grand Manhattan and Jamz ? just wondering.... Emoticon: Confused

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

I dont agree the above...There are many places where Indonesian woman can have a good time..

Regarding ayam stuff...

If u act like a ayam ofcourse they will think u as one .....hehehe

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

I agree with Ali...it all depends how you want to look at it and the way your subconscius mind wants to take it...

For example: If you think she is a Balon (in Sundanese dialect) or Ayam (betawi)..then you believe that she is one...

BuGils...is it owned by Bartele Santema or No? First I thought he was talking about naked women....

Hmmm Ali.. are you taking me to BuGils? Let's go ber BuGILS ria.. hahahhahahahhahaha.. Pinta has signed up!! and Put me in doooong!!

Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

Blog Bot
spacer line

Hi gals & guys,
could someone tell me , please , where to find a very friendly nightlife spot that is smoke-free , and non-ear buster loud music.
I just love to find a place where I can mingle, talk and have a freindly fun in a clean , non smoking setup.., any idea?
thanks

I tell a lot of stories I have heard elsewhere

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

On 21-05-2004 09:24 De_Prince*A wrote:

I just love to find a place where I can mingle, talk and have a freindly fun in a clean , non smoking setup.., any idea?

thanks

sounds like you are asking to be invited to our gathering where you can mingle, talk in a friendly environment, non-smoking... and FUN HAHAHAHAHHAHA

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Well may be u can have a look at my web for information

The enviroment Choice is good no doubt...But no Horse lovers and animal included ok hahahahaha....

Rgds

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

spacer line  

To Prince,
regarding non-smoking place perhaps you can go to Starbucks? They serve easy-listening music and non-smoking area. Or just go to Bugils, nice place to chat and relax. l'm not sure about the smoking regulation, but l can say they have really good beers there.

And Desi, come on let's hang out at Bugils together sometimes! Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Shiny

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Pinta... I am in..Bugil Bugil.

what does it take to get in? Shall we Bugil? Do they have pole to dance or table?

Whoahahahhahahahaahhaha...

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Bugils?

Bugils is smoking inside, but well, the weather is probably good so you can go on their outside terrace as well (typically Dutch?)

To get in? You have to be smart enough to open the door if it's closed Emoticon: Smile It's a nice place, but mahal as any other expat place. I usually visit those one time (or one time every time I get to Jakarta) Emoticon: Shiny

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

On 23-05-2004 19:28 Jeroen wrote:
Bugils?

Bugils is smoking inside, but well, the weather is probably good so you can go on their outside terrace as well (typically Dutch?)

Hmm smoking is not my preference...i bet outside is very humid!

To get in? You have to be smart enough to open the door if its closed Emoticon: Smile

I see....well Ali will get the door for me.. hahahahhaa

Its a nice place, but mahal as any other expat place. I usually visit those one time (or one time every time I get to Jakarta) Emoticon: Shiny

I dont drink beer.. so what other (non)-alcoholic beverages would you recommend? I normally order drinks by color..heheheheh

Desi

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Don't know about the drinks there. I usually grab a beer when I have the chance, but they also have colorfull cocktails and/or fruit shakes. No problem with that.

Say hi to Bart if you are there.. he's the big boss Emoticon: Wink

Aangirfan
User
spacer line

I was told about a place in Teluk Gong which was popular with police colonels and military attaches and rich Chinese. There were supposed to be some very young topless go-go dancers. It might have been a front for Mossad. It got attacked in May 1998 by soldiers dressed as students. Much better than such dens is the kampung street - sit beside the food cart and watch the street life. The poorer the kampung, the friendlier the people.

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

On 03-06-2004 16:48 Aangirfan wrote:
I was told about a place in Teluk Gong which was popular with police colonels and military attaches and rich Chinese. There were supposed to be some very young topless go-go dancers.

Toples in Bahasa is a Jar... hahahahahahaha

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

On 04-06-2004 02:07 Desi Clark wrote:
[...]

Toples in Bahasa is a Jar... hahahahahahaha

And originally a variation of the dutch words "top" and "fles", which makes it even funnier.

budowono1
User
spacer line

good nite life also is in Kota.
Jl Majapahit.
there they have best pangsit in town

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

I would recommend to watch the Ramayana Story in Jogya or in Bali or other traditional dance festival.... they are the best..

Why would you care about Disco in Jkt? Smoke smoke everywhere...

Desi Clark

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

51,421,991 topic views - 223,934 posts - 13,518 topics - 16,742 members - last post @ 23-11-2017 15:11 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

92,472,143 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com