indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Other talk > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

I have recently seen a lot of god quality Indonesian movies , Hope they make some good one s now to bag atleast a nomination at the Oscars.

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

Fairy
User
User icon of Fairy
spacer line

What are some of these movies that you're talking about? Titles?

www.MyIndo.com: A Malaysian's Outlook on Indonesian Pop Culture! :)

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

ARISAN

KWALITET 2

These 2 films I think are a relief in the Indonesian movies .....good ones...

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

gaul_abes
User
User icon of gaul_abes
spacer line

I haven't seen Kwalitet 2 yet, who's in the movie ... ?

Arisan was recently played in the Netherlands.... has any of you seen the movie yet ...?! My friend invited me and my husband to see the movie locally, it was a blast.... I loved that movie.... I enjoyed it from the beginning 'til the end.... it wasn't just a typical indonesian cheesy movie ... it was actually quite entertaining...

DIM-C is a free, fun and relaxing club for indonesian mixed couples worldwide who are in search of friendships.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I have heard a lot about Arisan! but I didn't see it yet.

Cantiara
User
spacer line

I've heard about Kejar Amerika a.k.a Chasing America. The premiere would be in July. Has anyone else heard about this movie yet?

budowono1
User
spacer line

good Indonesia movie are:
Raja Majapahit.
Maha baratha.
Merdeka.
Bahratha yuda.
Basuro

these are my 6 faorite Indonesia movie

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

I saw the movie Arisan aswell in Amsterdam were I live and I liked it too, but the movie was not typical Indonesia I think. I just saw rich people and expensive cars. But I know, that was a little bit the theme of this movie. It was funny but more funny for me was how all the people in the cinema responsed on the movie.

A very interesting docu I just bought is namend: de stand van de zon = the eye of the day. Made by Leonard Retel Helmrich. I recomand this documentary to everybody who loves the country Indonesia.

- Let us live simply so that others may simply live -

gaul_abes
User
User icon of gaul_abes
spacer line

On 22-04-2004 17:07 Maschill wrote:
I saw the movie Arisan aswell in Amsterdam were I live and I liked it too, but the movie was not typical Indonesia I think. I just saw rich people and expensive cars. But I know, that was a little bit the theme of this movie. It was funny but more funny for me was how all the people in the cinema responsed on the movie.

Hey, I agree with you Maschill ... I liked the movie as well... it was funny and entertaining.... I have been away from Indonesia too long, I didn't see too many Indonesian movies, but I've heard not much different than other old Indonesian movies...

Arisan was an exception to me, it was different.... it was indeed funny. We went to a very small cinema locally and watched with other Indonesian and Dutch people... we had lots of laughs together...

The movie shows how typical some of indonesian housewives (read: not in general) are who try hard to be better than others, I have to admit, it's kinda typical indonesians. Competition among each other doesn't stop even when they live outside Indonesia, they still compete with each other... who has the bigger houses, cars, etc ... maybe they don't admit, but just make a small observation... you know what I'm talking about. It's just humans' behaviour I guess....

Peace
Emoticon: Shut up! Emoticon: Shiny Emoticon: Shut up!

DIM-C is a free, fun and relaxing club for indonesian mixed couples worldwide who are in search of friendships.

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

Hai Gaul Abes,
Did you see this movie in Amsterdam as well? If yes then I must have heard you laughing in Kriterion.
The atmosphere was really nice there.
Mas chill

- Let us live simply so that others may simply live -

daveduck
User
User icon of daveduck
spacer line

Yes--"Kejar Amerika" will be released on VCD in Indonesia in June and on DVD in North America on June 1.

It's not "Citizen Kane" by any means, but it's pretty good for what it is: a light adventure-comedy starring San Francisco. Emoticon: Yes!

We're now at work on our next film, "Mabuk Kepayang," written by Musfar Yasin ("Kiamat Sudah Dekat" Emoticon: Wink .

Salam,

David Sungkar
Sutradara

spacer line  

Does anyone have seen more good Indonesian movies (with english subtitles)? Post them here,.....i want to use them during a theme evening....

Greets,

Joris

reuveul
User
User icon of reuveul
spacer line

i like the movies of BENJAMInN S. a.k.a. benjamin traktor

very funny

like to live in ID,but it takes a while to get there

Bogor
User
User icon of Bogor
spacer line

I think not so many Indonesian films with good quality in this times. But old or classic OK-lah....such as :
Si Doel anak betawi ( Benyamin S), Inem pelayan sexi ( Titiek Puspa), Cintaku di kampus biru ( Rae sita), Daun diatas bantal ( Christine hakim with 7 Indonesian oscar), Tjut Tjak Dien ( Christine hakim), Ibunda ( Tuti Indra malaon), Matahari-Matahari ( Marissa Haque).
All that artiest besides very beautiful also can very good acting....
i dont know this films also on DVD ?

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

59,040,992 topic views - 227,029 posts - 13,605 topics - 18,735 members - last post @ 25-06-2018 13:13 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

101,972,905 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com