indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Other talk > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

This is a question for all forum readers and posters.
What you guys and girls think about moderating?Don't you all agree that moderating is annoying unless it's done because of racism or other personal attacks?I really think moderating can be reduced with 75%
Pls your comment...We all wanna help Yerun being the webmaster of the year isn't it? Emoticon: Puh! Emoticon: Puh! Emoticon: Puh!

Greets,

Martijn

Just because you're paranoid don't mean there're not after you...

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Upto now I only closed finished topics, and topics about ShuiSheng and his 'friend', because all topics were heading in the same direction. That's about all. I'm pretty carefull with what to close and what not. Offtopic is far less important to me, it makes the forum more personal.

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

I think a moderator is needed in a forum. Not especially for censorship, I personally hate that, but to keep the discusssions going and to keep the forum active. In this regard Jeroen is doing a wonderful job (opening new topics, reacting to other etc.). I have seen a lot of examples where forums die silently through lack of a good moderator.
Pertaining censorship of racism or other nuisance. I guess that is quite difficult. The forum is open, and people can log in on other names etcetare. Be vigilant I would say, but also not too political correct.

LelyCabe
User
spacer line

I think I will be truely agree to close the topic that brought by Shuisheng and the Gank, cause that topic is also very sensitive to talk in indonesia in public interest, and what Shuisheng said, it's looks like, not bring peace or better life and situation to all the people, it's most like to fill the people brain with their point of view or it's like they are doing propaganda to their own interest, with many background reasons (it may be personally or to some groups interest). And the topic is always stuck in the same propaganda. It's boring, and the people here in the forum are not all of them in Indonesian, not all of them know much more about Indonesia even though they reads from the books or other preference, and even Shuisheng itself is not indigenous people and looks not grew up in Indonesia for long time, and what he learn is to revenge. And Yerun as the webmaster or as the moderator have power to decided what is good for all people (If they are not Indonesian, they could be confused). Thankyou.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I have the power to decide what is good for people and what not. But as long as people can share eachothers opinion in peace, I will be the last one to lock down a topic of course. Emoticon: Smile

I will dedicate myself in opening more topics over the coming period. Maybe it's a good deal that every topic I close has to be compensated with a new one with a decent subject? Emoticon: Puh!

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

On 11-04-2004 16:51 LelyCabe wrote:
I think I will be truely agree to close the topic that brought by Shuisheng and the Gank, cause that topic is also very sensitive to talk in indonesia in public interest, .

With respect, I think that is the main problem in Indonesia (apart from the opulent chairs they always sit in, at least on the television and some rapat-rapat (meetings) i have attended) is that they find everything too sensitive, and don't want to discus it. In that way I found Shuisheng (and his relatives) a breath of fresh air. In any case he related to certain topics that still have to be dealt with by Indonesians in a open discussion. You can be family, but still have old problems bubbling under. There is no shame in facing them.

kleinsmann
User
User icon of kleinsmann
spacer line

"I have seen a lot of examples where forums die silently through lack of a good moderator."

I know a very good example of a forum where the webmaster used his "power" (as he calls it himself) not very good, that's why it's closed now...Just don't want that happens again...I believe Yun won't let it happen twice... Emoticon: Nice Emoticon: Nice Emoticon: Nice

Just because you're paranoid don't mean there're not after you...

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Last night I thought I had given my comment regarding the topic of why mix marriages fail... but I could not find my reply posted here... I am not sure what happened...whether the moderator deleted or I forgot to click Submit Emoticon: Clown

Oh let me take this opportunity to say something... this is embarassing but I thought I was just being honest to let you all know...frankly, i don't really keep up with what's going on in Indonesia ...especially in political issue (and my history sucks! I told this before)

Other topic (such as sex pertains to health..hahahhaaha) is more interesting than politic..

I don't vote so whoever win the ballots..I support that person!

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

spacer line  

["...In that way I found Shuisheng (and his relatives) a breath of fresh air. In any case he related to certain topics that still have to be dealt with by Indonesians in a open discussion..."]

You're missing a point here. Shuisheng talks about things that (i think) most indonesians would want to forget, put them in the past and move on with the future. If we keep bringing those topics up, then we'll never move forward. That was then, this is now. Let bygones be bygones, etc. What l am trying to say is, it is impossible to please everybody. And l'm sure the webmaster a.k.a the forum moderator knows too well that if he tries to please everybody and he will end up pleasing nobody. Emoticon: Smile

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

spacer line  

Bangwin, please share your opinion on this. Emoticon:

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 11-04-2004 21:00 kleinsmann wrote:
"I have seen a lot of examples where forums die silently through lack of a good moderator."

I know a very good example of a forum where the webmaster used his "power" (as he calls it himself) not very good, thats why its closed now...Just dont want that happens again...I believe Yun wont let it happen twice... Emoticon: Nice Emoticon: Nice Emoticon: Nice

I don't think I'm guilty in this at all. People had too much freedom, that's something people can't handle. At the end it became a mess and I got fed up. I should have stopped in November, but I was still believing in the good faith of the visitors. Emoticon:

spacer line  

[ don't think I'm guilty in this at all. People had too much freedom, that's something people can't handle. At the end it became a mess and I got fed up. I should have stopped in November, but I was still believing in the good faith of the visitors. ]

yerun, please don't stop. by the way, happy birthday to you. happy birthday to youuu, happy birthday dear yerun...happy birthday to youuu!!!
Emoticon: Bye bye

Blog Bot
spacer line

Whose Birthday were you cheering at, Kinantipinta?
happy birthday anyway, "Selamat Hari Ulang Tahun" to who-ever he/she is.... & "Semoga Panjang Umur, Murah Rejeki, & Banyak Anaknya"..........................

Bagusdewe..(means good looking---redy eyes... too long in front of monitor) Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye Emoticon: Bye bye

I tell a lot of stories I have heard elsewhere

budowono1
User
spacer line

i do not beleef in modernisation cause i beleef in tradition and culture that will die if we morednice

MIVANA226
User
spacer line

budowono1, did u just get up? hihihih I think you post something in the wrong topic ihihih

ivana

Ivana Mitchell

MIVANA226
User
spacer line

BTW,

in my opinion, a moderator is needed to keep the disscussion on the line Emoticon: Smile

Ivana Mitchell

budowono1
User
spacer line

oh i seei misunderstood sorry my inglish not so good understanding it
cuz it is dificul leanguage 2 me

MIVANA226
User
spacer line

it's ok, budowono, may I ask where you come from? and what is your primaly language?
if u mind, please just ignore me

thank you

Ivana Mitchell

budowono1
User
spacer line

i from Jogja my mother lenguage Bahasa Indonesia.
2nd Cantonees.
but ispeek melayu Singapura cuz since my 10th i lived in singapura ke Lim Chu Kang Rd so i speek many lenguage but inglish strange to me cuz i spend time at special cina skol and Indonesia skol

MIVANA226
User
spacer line

OOOH I see.... no problem lah.. I like to hear Singaporean-english hehe...
I came from Surabaya, Jawa Timur Emoticon: Smile I speak Indonesian and English only Emoticon: Smile

Ivana Mitchell

budowono1
User
spacer line

ye ingrish singapura good lah.
awak speek ingrish singapura???

MIVANA226
User
spacer line

naaaaaah tak bisalah.. cuman sikit sikit (hehe am I correct hihih)
but I know some

Ivana Mitchell

budowono1
User
spacer line

ok great lah .................................!!

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Its very hurting to see that sometimes when we write some thing even though its not a part of Indonesia in forums , is erased without any notice in a fraction of seconds.

Because it just confuses that have we offended or its not allowed to speak international topics...?

So does this shows that this forums are only for Indonesian topics or any other country info or news are allowed as well to speak ,

As an Intenational Forum I prefer to reply topics related to any topics...

Rgds,
Aliakbar

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

79,858,696 topic views - 236,817 posts - 13,712 topics - 28,671 members - last post @ 28-02-2020 18:07 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

130,312,905 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com