indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

19 parties reject election results

What is going on at the moment? Parties announce that they will not accept this vote because of 'likely fraud' with entering the votes into computers. Okay, I can imagine that a Golkar supporter will not enter all PDI-P votes honestly. But this happens on the other side as well, and since both parties are about the same size now, it should not really matter, only if one official is more 'vulnerable' than the other.

But what happened with PDI-P that they just lost about a one percent lead against Golkar yestersday? Is this because of fraude? I don't think so. The votes counted were from Jawa and Bali, the Megawati stronghold. Outside these islands, many people (still) vote for Golkar, because they don't know much about the others. So they stick with the old ones.

Someone has other theories? (of evidence, that would be a mayor scoop of course)

Emoticon: Bye bye

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

The protests are not from PDI-P or Golkar, but mostly of the smaller parties headed by the PKB from Gus Dur. The fact that you already imagine that officials will count the votes according to their partymembercard (and I don't say that you are not right) is, in my view, still a proof that democracy here is not really working well. The fact alone is untolerable. In general I think that the elections were and are relatively fair, taking in account the enormous number of people and the fact that they were held, in this way, for the first time

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Golkar is on the lead, maybe that has something to do with it?

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

No, i don't think so. Although I am not a "friend" of Golkar, it is still a fact that they have huge support escpecially under government officials and in the regions outside Java (Sulawesi, NTT, Bali). They also campaigned rather professional due to their solid financial backing.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

It's not only the goverment which still supports Golkar. When I was on Sulawesi last month, my driver/guide told me many people 'here' (SulSel) still supported Golkar, because it was easy and they know what they vote for.

Allthough I have my doubts about the last one (same as in Holland by the way) I can assume that people stick to the old values. See what happens in Holland, opinions show that the PvdA (Labour Party) gets 1/3 of all votes. Not because they are so prosperous or something.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

86,844,933 topic views - 240,521 posts - 13,736 topics - 34,030 members - last post @ 30-11-2020 19:30 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

141,569,547 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com