indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > See my website ... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

nairan
User
spacer line

Hai every one,
I spent in august 2005 a few days in Bukit Lawang. My family and me stayed in different places. Also we did a trek with guide Julpan, he is a very experienced guide. Bukit Lawang is really a beautiful place to be! The people are still struggling to get back on theyre feet; there are still only a handful of tourists. This is a shame because it remains one of the most stunning places. You can do so much, such like jungle trips and rafting. So I made a photo album with good places to stay, the information in the album is translated in Dutch en English (so far my ability to English writing get)
I want to share this information to help the people to get the tourism back into Bucket Lowing. So when you know people who interested in Bukit Lawang tell them to look at this album.
This is de link to the album: http://www.pixagogo.nl/9059395488

Thanks!
Nairan

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Nairan,
Thank you so much for posting your photo link. Great photos, especially the ones of Jungle Inn and Nora's. Also the cave. I did not get a chance to have a look there during my stay.
I suggest you also post the link on www.bukitlawangfloodappeal.com/forum
For anyone else reading this post here is the link to my photos I took of Bukit Lawang when I stayed there for 19 days in late Jan/Feb 2005.
community.webshots.com/album/354912564dvtkJh
I agree it is a magical place and defitniely well worth a visit. Loved going on my trek. but also loved just living in the village and hanging out with people like Nora, her sister Nani and Nani's husband to be Indra.
Nairan, did you know there is an english school in Bukit Lawang now for all the children set up by Daniella Zolak?
Pamela.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Here is another link to photos of Bukit Lawang taken by another Australian like myself Geoff Sims., who visited about August 2005. www.users.on.net/~simsg/travel/id-lawang.htm
and another beautiful photo of Bukit Lawang from Asjan from Lonely Planet Thorn Tree forum community.webshots.com/photo/3(...)0571/372420571usuwZW
Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

Another link with Bukit Lawang info' and photos. www.indonesiaphoto.com/content/view/37/42/

maanmist
User
spacer line

What are good adresses to stay in Bukit Lawang; and what can we expect.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi,
I had a text message yesterday from Bahrum who leases Jungle Inn in Bukit Lawang from the owners and he thanked me for putting travellers in contact with him for accomodation at Jungle Inn.
I had previously put up his mobile no. on Thorn Tree forum replying to a traveller wanting to contact Jungle Inn.
With no telephone lines restored from the flood of Nov 2003, there is no other way to contact Jungle Inn to book a room, esp the big room everyone wants to experience.
So here is Bahrum's no. for texting him +6281370730151
From recent communication with other Bukit Lawang inhabitants it has been quite busy lately, which is exciting for all in Bukit Lawang.
At last after the horrid flood of Nov 2003 business is slowing beginning to build again.
I can't wait to head back there in Dec this year.
Check my photos of 2006 below of BL in Sept/Oct 2006.
Pamela.

zieleffe
User
User icon of zieleffe
spacer line

Verdediging is de ruiter van kritiek--- *O* --,Het doel heiligt de middelen

pPamela
User
spacer line

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

78,989,892 topic views - 236,319 posts - 13,704 topics - 27,616 members - last post @ 28-01-2020 14:50 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

128,861,997 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com