indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

nienke83
User
User icon of nienke83
spacer line

Why do Indonesian girls look angry at me (blond girl) when I walk hand in hand with my Indonesian boyfriend in Jakarta?

spacer line  

Nienke when that icoon its you ,I can Understand them very well........ Jealous
I guess Emoticon: Shut up!

Robert70
User
spacer line

Hi nienke

How many indonesians do realy walk hand in hand?
So be happy it get nothing to do with you as image, but how you act.
It is also the question if they are realy looking angry. Do you sometimes turn your head and look backwards. I think they all laughing Emoticon: Shiny . So who's angry and who's blond.
Keep dreaming baby. Emoticon: Bye bye

Di roberto

spacer line  

Nienke, I gather, you are trying to say that indonesian girls look angry at you because:
1. you're blond?
2. you walk hand in hand with your boyfriend?

being an indonesian girl myself, l find your description, forgive me, ridiculous and one-sided. Which girls are you talking about? Is it every girl in Indonesia?

Nienke, most people just don't care who walk with whom unless of course your boy is a celebrity hunk, for whom girls fall at his feet. Maybe you can tell an example of which kind of girls looked angrily and where it happened.

Otherwise, your story would just seem like a bad press with the purpose to discredit local girls or simply just to accentuate the fact that you're blond and have an indonesian boyfriend.

Salam Emoticon: Bye bye

Slightly older, hopefully wiser, absolutely prettier

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

I like the user icons of both Nienke and Kinanti.

Begin de details te vergeten

spacer line  

and to di roberto,

many people here do walk hand in hand. You just have to look at the right places. Culture is still a big issue here, so what happens at one place may not be possible at another. For example, you go to Citos or Planet Hollywood then bwaah most couples young or old are hand in hand, very cozy and close to each other. But at other places like small suburbs or crowded areas with small streets/ gang that thing may get rather impolite observations, which could make the couples feel uneasy. When in Rome, do as Romans do could be the best policy one can use when living in Indonesia.

Surely everyone is aware that Indonesia is a very big melting pot. People from various cultures meet , and sometimes clashes are inevitable.

Salam Emoticon: Smile

nienke83
User
User icon of nienke83
spacer line

To tukad ganga: Yes, I think you’re right. Most of them, not all, are jealous, like robert70.
When I go out, almost every “white” guy try to hit on me and when I tell them I am with my Indonesian boyfriend, I get a very negative response.

To kinanti pinta: No, I’m sorry I’m not trying to discredit all Indonesians girls.
But sometimes it’s so frustrating…Well I’ve just got to live with it because I really love Indonesia.

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

On 15-12-2005 12:02 nienke83 wrote:

When I go out, almost every “white” guy try to hit on me and when I tell them I am with my Indonesian boyfriend, I get a very negative response.

Oh la la .
Negatieve respons ? Such as ?
How come ?

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

Robert70
User
spacer line

Nienke

Don't be afraid off me, I'm happy I like nice brown woman. You know what blond girls means in the western world, the way you act ...........

Have a great time with your boyfriend and enjoy the colour, and the culture.

Pinta, you are right. My sight was to cloose. Together we make the world brighter.

nienke83
User
User icon of nienke83
spacer line

to sidia: It varied from a look of disgust to remarks such as: I should stick with my own kind etc.
I shake my head and just ignore them…

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Nienke, I wonder how your boyfriend looks like. Maybe that's the reason why Indonesian girls (probably also men) and western men are reacting negative.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Whether he's looking strange in the eyes of other people?

spacer line  

Perhaps a matter the way you behave,as yoga said maybye ur boyfriend is 1 m shorter than you acoording to the size of Indonesian mens nowadays. Emoticon: Shut up! Emoticon: Clown

nienke83
User
User icon of nienke83
spacer line

I think I know why western men react negative. Because they don’t like to see a girl like me dates an Indonesian guy.
Maybe the Indonesian girl thinks why a guy like him should date a western girl.

Live and let live…

spacer line  

Please Nienk dont take that so serious,its just a matter how you deal with that cirumstances,and I am not a western guy if you might thinking,so be happy feel great and let others kissing ur ............just give them a big smile and feel proud Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Yes!

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Well, I don't think you have directly to accuse western men that they don't like western girls to date an Indonesian guy cause there are so many mixed relations here in Indonesia between western women and Indonesian men.
Same for the Indonesian girls. A mixed relation doesn't have to be strange for them.
I think there's something with your boyfriend or the combination of you and him, that makes your relation look strange.
How is his appearance? Or the appearance of both of you?

spacer line  

Listen the most beautifull children today in Indonesia is create by mixed copples like we said Gado-Gado so Nienk please dont give a damm go for it.

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

Nienke, I just think you are a little bit too paranoid. That´s all. Just relax....

Begin de details te vergeten

Agung
User
User icon of Agung
spacer line

Hi Nienke,
you can date who you want, as far as I'm concerned. It makes no difference to me Indonesian or western.

If you're the one on the photo then it's obvious some girls will be jealous, but I don't think this will be different for Indonesian girls as for western girls.

Beautiful Indonesian girls will certainly have the same "problem" as you have. Emoticon: Smile

spacer line  

Agung is right, Nienke. Probably "the angry look" is only in your mind. Have you ever heard this saying:
"strange that I was not told that the brain can hold, in its tiny grey cells, life's heaven and hell."

And di roberto.. let's make the world brighter. Emoticon: Yes!

spacer line  

He Pinta Kumaha darmain welcome,did you have the same expierence when you walk with ur sugarboy thru the mall,head over heels and lengket to each other ,its good from you to make Nienk understand,what love in culture means and to adjust ur self in the place where you are and circumstances as well,Bali is not Jakarta and Jakarta is not Wongosari Emoticon: Yawn

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

It's the same everywhere..people allways react a little different when they see a mixed couple.When i walk in holland with my indonesian wife,people will stare a bit,but also in jakarta or any place in Indonesia you see them look and think...what is he or she doing with him/her.Just ignore it...let them look and enjoy the attention Emoticon: Wink

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

On 15-12-2005 20:24 Veer01 wrote:
Its the same everywhere..people allways react a little different when they see a mixed couple

o ya ?
Never have a problem.
think depends place and neighbourhood .
(jakartans people say always Cuek aya lha ( Gua , gue - Lu ,lu )

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

viera
User
spacer line

Yup cuek aja lagi.....
if necessery... look their eyes.. too .. so they will Emoticon: Blush Emoticon: Blush ...
goodluck!!

Agung
User
User icon of Agung
spacer line

Same for me. I never have any problem. Either in Holland, Bali or anywhere else we've been. Then, my wife and I have about the same age and according to her I have "Balinese properties", so we look like an average couple.

The only difference between Holland & Bali is in Holland nobody is interested and in Bali people always want to know how it is to live in Belanda. Over the years we've also met quite a few woman and some men that had a foreighn boy/girlfriend and wanted to ask us for advice.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

74,316,849 topic views - 233,342 posts - 13,683 topics - 23,677 members - last post @ 20-08-2019 16:32 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

122,198,049 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com