indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Please do post your own good and bad experiences in Jakarta, All postings here will be also put up on my website , As peoples experience in this metroplitian City ,

Rgds,
Ali

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

When I was new in Jakarta I was robbed by some street side guys in Tanahbang when I parked our car with my freind in Plaza Indonesia , and were going to Tanah bang in a Bajay to buy some cloth material, I couldnt understand Indonesian that time ,
These guys surrounded the Bajay and then My freinds told me they gave a threat they will poke a knife in my stomach ....
But i didnt see any weapon with them...It all was because of my good clothes,,,as its a known fact you have to wear always casual clothes whenever you roam in these low class areas...
My freind gave out around Rp. 500,000 to these people so then they let us go ..............
What a robbery without any weapon to be seen...hehe

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Well, the threat can do enough I guess. I won't take the rist as wel.. Dressing low-profile is something I always try to do, no camera's, wallets and handphones in sight of others, except when needed.

I have never had such an experience, but in Jakarta I always locked the car doors when I'm driving around with friends. Something I never do in Holland, or elsewhere in Indonesia. (accept for in the evenings then)

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

Well now as I am just like a local,after staying here for so long,I hardly lock my doors.and walk around streets normally....because i can speak Indonesian well And I can handle this guys well...But Always be prepared for the worse....Thats a good rule...

Its now not so scary as it is heard...I just count tht as one of my bad expereince ,,it can be anywhere in the world not only in jakarta....

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Does a local don't lock his doors? I don't think so! At least they are always telling me to do so, because I forget. And you walk around the streets ? Where? Please tell me! Except from the dreary Monash and the zoo in Ragunan, and my own neighbourhood (not far from you i guess, by the way), until now i didn't find any place to walk around leisurely. I don't play golf...

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

do locals lock the doors?

at least some of them!

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

I heard about people being hypnotized and got robbed! Is this true??

Also be very careful after taking money from ATM... my mom gave away 5 million Rp (against her will) right after she left the machine.

Gimme some good stories/experiences about Jakarta OK..

I do not want to be paranoid when visiting Jakarta next month...

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

forgot to ask ...what's up with a new pic Mr. Ali????

Who the h**l is that? Cutie Pie!

bangwin
User
User icon of bangwin
spacer line

hei...it's "Nehi-nehi"....Sahrukh Khan......hehehehe

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

yes I have heard Hypnotism robbery as well...But if you are beautiful enough the hypnotist gets hypnotised himself...And u r free to loot everything of him hehehe....

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

My Jakarta Experiences were:
1. Winner of the Table Tennis Championship antar RT
2. Attended the best High School in Town (SMAN 3 Teladan...VIVA TELADAN) Emoticon: Yes!
3. Mie dok dok was my dinner, and dan Martabak Bulan was for dessert
4. Regular visitor at TOPAZ Music Lounge (does it stil exist?)
5. A Filipino Band's member hit on me
6. Flirted with a guy next door ( and the guy did not even know it until 10 years later... Emoticon: Nooo )
7. um, AHA in Sabang (?) was a place to hang out while I was in High School.
8. Watched too much Indian Movies....
9. Natrabu was my fav place to eat Padang Food.
10. the color of my socks, belt, handkerchief had to be coordinated in Middle High School as well as High School.
11. Was virgin (pssssttt)
12. The last villa I was in Puncak was behind the big "kecap"
13. I expereinced the earthquake dance floor in Monas.
14. Had memorabale moment in Middle High School and High School
15. I like Becak, very convenience for a short distance trip (kepasar), though, sometimes I get annoyed too....

Last but not least, Jakarta has torpedo soup in Blora, that I can not find it here. Will add more if I can think of something else......

Question of the Day: How to protect yourself from being hypnotized and looted especially from Ali???? Emoticon: Devil

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Are we talking about Jakarta or a Bollywood filmstar with a shirt almost open to his navel, and sometimes a necklace visible? I admit, i am a pria, but i don't understand the sex-appeal of this guy. He always reminds me in some way of a (maybe succesfull) seller of electronic equipment (I still can wake up sweating in the middle of then night remembering this awfull bustrip to Melaka, where I was forced to watch this excellent actor on the bus video)

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

The answer for your question Desi is ....Sing a karoake with me ....Hehe It will be a firewall against hypnotism,,

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

Diederick.......

Who are you talking about?......can't comprehend....

Ali thought you were talking about my sex appeal...hahhahahahaha

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

He is talking of a guys sex appeal....as a pria himself....

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Off course I was not speaking about Ali - it is quite possible he has a lot of sex-appeal, although his choice for his former icon can raise serious questions in that field. I was also not talking about Desi's sex-appeal. How would I know (although Desi's icon seems to hint to a definitive yes)? I was talking about this model for men's underwear which seems to be a famous movie-actor in India.
Still I would like to stick to to the subject. Jakarta! The city with the sex-appeal I still have to discover, it seems.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

88,152,038 topic views - 240,776 posts - 13,734 topics - 34,296 members - last post @ 25-01-2021 21:57 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2021
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

143,645,663 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com