indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > See my website ... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Basil406
User
User icon of Basil406
spacer line

Hi fellow Members!

I have just joined this website after reading through a few Forums, viewing the photo albums and reading up on the people & places of Indonesia. I was so impressed that I decided to join and participate wherever and whenever I can.

In 2004, between June and August, I visited Indonesia four times and filmed and photographed extensively in Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Borobudur, Kaliurang, Prambanan, Bogor, Puncak, Batam, Padang and Bukit Tinggi.

My Picturetrail site link I leave here, consists of several albums, some of which are of locations in Indonesia.

Culturally enriched and varied across the archepelago, Indonesians & Indonesia offer enthusiasts like me scenic opportunities that could take a lifetime to capture.

I will return again (and again) to Indonesia with more curiosity each time. It's a country worth living in and exploring.

Best wishes,
Shanta Somasundaram
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Travels: www.picturetrail.com/basil406
Home: members.shaw.ca/basill/myhome.html

Point me to a place where time has stood still, where directions and street signs don't exist

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Shanta,
I hope one day you will visit Painan in West Sumatra and take some of your magic photos.
It is one of my favourite places in West Sumatra, 2 hrs south of Padang and is not mentioned in any detail in any by any of the guide books. So still remains a special paradise.
I have an Indonesian friend Edi Usmardi who owns a little homestay and I usually stay with him and revisit all the places and people I love around there.
This year I hired a car and driver from Edi and with 3 Indonesian friends travelled through West Sumatra for 19 days.
Took lots of photos, but just snapshots, not at all like your wonderful photos.
Other wonderful areas with magic photo opportunities for someone like you would be Muara Labuh, Sungai Penuh, Kersik Tao and Muara Sako, all places I recently visited.
Pamela.

Basil406
User
User icon of Basil406
spacer line

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for the replies to my two posts, a great head-start! I may not be as lucky as you to escape into the beautiful spots of Indonesia on long journeys; my job in Canada is too demanding and allows me so little time to be away. In 2004, I took the daring step of chucking up everything and taking off to Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia, for four months. That was when I fell in love with Indonesia.

You are also lucky to have travel-buddies. I am a lone-traveller but I manage to find friends on the Internet before I take off. They have been very helpful in suggesting places and even accompanying me. I have a large collection of photos of them; yes, photo-study of people is a sub-interest Emoticon: Cooool .

Thanks Pamela, I have noted down the places suggested by you. My curiosity of less or unknown places is so enormous that I can spend hours and days searching for them on the Net and compiling the information.

When and where to is your next trip?

Peace & prayers Emoticon: Worship ,
Shanta
Calgary, Alberta, canada

Point me to a place where time has stood still, where directions and street signs don't exist

spacer line  

I`ve put the pictures from latest vacation online.

peter191064.mijnalbums.nl

Enjoy the time watching them !

Soms denk ik wel eens : je kan m`n rug op zak, dan gaan we er weer voor!

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

83,479,832 topic views - 239,817 posts - 13,723 topics - 32,180 members - last post @ 13-07-2020 20:54 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

136,137,359 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com