indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > I'm looking for ... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (4 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

remichi
User
User icon of remichi
spacer line

hi,
me and my girlfriend are going to be studying in surabaya for a year and we want to live together. we are looking for a KOS or cheap rental place in surabaya. i understood that in indonesia it is more difficult when you are not married.

does anyone know of a kos or other place to stay where boyfriend-girlfriend is possible? we are really looking for a place of no more than 100 euro for the 2 of us, should be possible in indonesia right??

thanks for all your advise.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I have never seen a mixed kos yet. Living together while not married is not accepted as well (exceptions are there of course), though there is no law against it. But it's more important to keep the opinion of the neighborhood positive than that of a lawmaker Emoticon: Wink

remichi
User
User icon of remichi
spacer line

so what do you advise, just pretend and tell everyone we're married??

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Better to pretend it , and also depend the neighbourhood .
Surabaya is a big city.
They have a name I think : Kumpul Kebo (Living togerher without married)

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

martellie
User
spacer line

hello remichi

we now a place were several students live together it is in jalan nias
the name of the women in charge is manengkei i dont now the number but i wil
try to find out
a better place to stay is in jalan ngagel this is a kind of homestay where people stay while working its more expensive the name is roleen
when interested i wil look for the adres maybe jou can contact these
people who are speaking dutch ean englisch very goed
and are well nown in surabaya
succes

remichi
User
User icon of remichi
spacer line

thanks for the advice martellie. i don't have a map of surabaya yet, but we'll get one as soon as we get there and look for jalan nias and ngagel. i think a homestay is maybe even more interesting because then we get to learn oven more about the indonesian culture.
do you know around what prices i should be thinking for places like this?

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

95,519,366 topic views - 242,162 posts - 13,759 topics - 35,541 members - last post @ 03-12-2021 00:48 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2021
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

156,297,194 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com