indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

patatje
User
User icon of patatje
spacer line

Hello,
I was wondering if there are people here living in (or around) Semarang just to ask a few questions.
Is there a (reliable) company who can provide the paperwork for visa.....?
Is there a place where expats meet, to share some thoughts Emoticon: Wink ?

Thank you.

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

On 17-10-2005 12:30 patatje wrote:
Hello,
I was wondering if there are people here living in (or around) Semarang just to ask a few questions.
Is there a (reliable) company who can provide the paperwork for visa.....?
Is there a place where expats meet, to share some thoughts Emoticon: Wink ?
Thank you.

Patatje with or without?

Jantje a member of this forum lives in Semarang and there is a place where Expats meet. I do not know the name.
What of kind of Visa are you talking about? Holliday, family, working, etc. Emoticon: Confused

Groetjes
Albert

Wil je ook meester van je eigen leven zijn? http://www.goudenera.nl

patatje
User
User icon of patatje
spacer line

Thank you Albert. About the visa. It would be nice if a company could take care of our visa (sos). One, because we always have to be in Semarang for our extensions and second it would be nice to take care of our things so that we don't have to leave the country every six months if we come back or if we should consider an other type of visa. With two small children it would be helpfull. I don't know if the extensions are going to be easy Emoticon: Wink or stressy Emoticon: Wink . I have no experience with it.
It would be nice to share some toughts about 'working/starting a business' in Semarang.

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Patat,

An other type of Visa would be the working Visa. Cost 100 Usd/month, but need to pay the 1200 Usd in one time. But you also need to pay for register. So the first time it is more expensive. Also if you have plans to leave the country you should have a multiple re-entry Visa. your Kitas is valid for one year, but if you have single entrence. The Visa will be no longer valid when you leave the country. Cost I think 800.000 Rp to change it into mutlie.

What buisiness do you do and don't you know any other business guys in Semarang?
Jantje lives there with a pension.
Your wife can't be your sponsor..

Here you find some info on SOS. http://www.expat.or.id/info/docs.html
After the six months has past, you have to leave the country, obtain a new visa, and the same procedure starts again. The longer you stay the more difficult it can become to have your visa extended as immigration officials may become increasingly suspicious about your activities in Indonesia. They may refuse to accept your sponsor and may ask you to leave the country almost immediatly (perhaps granting you one additional extension only). A social-visit visa is not the best option for a longer term stay, but apart from the KITAS/KITAP, there is no other option.

About Starting a buisiness, it all depends on what your skills or interests are. Are you good at marketing?

Albert
User
User icon of Albert
spacer line

Also read this;

http://www.expat.or.id/info/vi(...)unsthroughbatam.html

It might be interesting for many of us with a Visa.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

A business visa would be possible but probably with the same troubles as a social-visit.
Now, actually Semarang is not the right place to be if you have to deal with the immigration. They can be very tough on you.
About the expat-clubs: I only know the On-On Bar at hotel Candi, Jl. Rinjani.I also would like to have some information on where expats normally meet.

Jantje
User
spacer line

Hi YB,
Je bedoelt zeker deze:

Verder zijn er nog de bars in de grote hotels. Tio's Bar in Ciputra Hotel, Hotel Grand Candi en Restaurant Collina Dóro ("Zum Anton" Emoticon: Wink in Bukit Sari.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Thanks Jantje, that's the one. And thank you for the adresses. I am at least once a month in Semarang but don't know this town quite well. So any information is welcome.

Jantje
User
spacer line

O, ya I forgot: Rumah Makan Thailand Dokmai "The White Elefant" Thailand Resto Bar.
JL. Sultan Agung/Semarang

Dokmai Gardenia
Thailand BBQ Resto& Juice Bar "Gardenia" Swimmingpool, Fitness & Resto.
Plamongan indah/Semarang Emoticon: Wink

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

what abt Sunan Kuning Resort ?

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

Jantje
User
spacer line

On 21-10-2005 07:51 sidia wrote:
what abt Sunan Kuning Resort ?

Hi Sid,

I don't know the place. What kind of toko is it? Emoticon: Confused

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

have heard Emoticon: Yes!

a place like sarkem , not a place to be .

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

sglange
User
spacer line

Hi Yogya-Bali!
This really interest me, what kind of problems did you face with the Immigration Officers at Semarang? This information might help me if in the future I need an extension of my visa if I stay a bit longer in Semarang.

putri
User
spacer line

HI Jantje,

Are there lots of expatriates in Semarang ? Doing what ? I am not aware of what kind of business or offices needs expatriate expertise in a city like Semarang ? I am curious.

sglange
User
spacer line

On 30-10-2005 22:15 putri wrote:
HI Jantje,

Are there lots of expatriates in Semarang ? Doing what ? I am not aware of what kind of business or offices needs expatriate expertise in a city like Semarang ? I am curious.

Hello Putri!
Expatriates in Semarang are mostly those who are involved with bisness which is good for Indonesia economically. Lets move Indonesia forward for the good of the country and its people.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

On 30-10-2005 15:31 sglange wrote:
Hi Yogya-Bali!
This really interest me, what kind of problems did you face with the Immigration Officers at Semarang? This information might help me if in the future I need an extension of my visa if I stay a bit longer in Semarang.

I myself had never anything to do with the Semarang immigration but a lot of others have. Because most of the foreigners who are doing business around Semarang are in the furniture business, the immigration smells money. And they can give you a hard time to get an extension cause they presume that every foreigner is earning a lot of money, so there's something to get from a foreigner.
Hopefully you will not face any problems. But be aware of the fact that they are expecting some money.

Jantje
User
spacer line

Hi Putri, sglange,

I am looking at Indonesia through western kacamata. I lived here 3,5 years and I also am very prejudice.
I think in general, my opinion, not only Semarang but Indonesia as a whole needs expat’s expertise on any level to obtain normal living standard in a clean and healthy environment.(good education, free health care, management training, booming economy etc.etc.) This species cannot achieve this without help from outside. They are preoccupied with themselves, their families and religion. Their future planning only covers a few days and is of non existence.
What has happened, what has been achieved since liberation day 60 years ago. Emoticon: Sadley

Yogya-Bali,

I let Rami Formality Services handle my immigration affairs. One price, no complications, no additional payments afterwards. Reliable, trustworthy and good service. I only go to Semarang Immigration Office to sign the documents. No questions, no problems, no headache.
Be aware for the rats (agents) around there. Forcing their help on you.
If I do it myself I can be sure to get ripped!
www.rami-services.com

patatje
User
User icon of patatje
spacer line

Good tip. Does Rami Services have an office in Semarang? I cannot find it on their website. I mailed them to ask for prices. I'm not really keen on going to immigration. I'm still a little confused if you have to go to the police office to let you register. Thanks.

Jantje
User
spacer line

Hi patatje,

They don't have an office in Semarang. They collect your details at your house and/or send it by courier.
Not the cheapest but you pay for quality. Emoticon: Wink

sglange
User
spacer line

On 31-10-2005 05:07 Yogya-Bali wrote:

I myself had never anything to do with the Semarang immigration but a lot of others have. Because most of the foreigners who are doing business around Semarang are in the furniture business, the immigration smells money. And they can give you a hard time to get an extension cause they presume that every foreigner is earning a lot of money, so theres something to get from a foreigner.
Hopefully you will not face any problems. But be aware of the fact that they are expecting some money.

Okay, thanks for the info but before I go over to Semarang I need to apply for a 2 months visa from the Indonesian Embassy in Singapore n there is a possibility I might stay beyond 2 months, so an extension of stay will be made at the Immigration in Semarang.
Thanks!

sglange
User
spacer line

On 31-10-2005 09:21 Jantje wrote:
Hi patatje,

They dont have an office in Semarang. They collect your details at your house and/or send it by courier.
Not the cheapest but you pay for quality. Emoticon: Wink

Jantje, Hi there!
Thanks for the info as regards Rami Services, I intend to contact them soon because I have the intention of staying in Semarang a bit longer than usual.

patatje
User
User icon of patatje
spacer line

Hello,
I arrived just a few days ago and now staying with my wife's family in Semarang. And I must say it's still very hot here. We still need a few days to adjust. Also because we had a very heavy trip to get here (planes that were broken and had to fly back to Abu Dhabi....) With two small children it's not really funny.
I contacted Rami Services whilst still in Belgium and I think they are pricy. I think because I don't know what have to pay when I go to immigration, myself, for my extention. Maybe after being there and experiencing they are not so pricy. We'll see.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

78,889,770 topic views - 236,224 posts - 13,703 topics - 27,545 members - last post @ 25-01-2020 22:14 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

128,708,060 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com