indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

jogry
User
spacer line

Hi,
We will be arriving in Bali on a retirement visa 15th.July. I telephoned the ABN-AMRO bank in denpasar and was told that I could open a bank account in euros. I must make a deposit equivalent of US$2500.
We had to show our passports and retirement visa's
For us this is the easiest way to transfer euros from our ABN-AMRO account in the Hague to Bali.
At this moment we have dual citizenship Australian/New Zealander.
We will travel on our NZ passports.
Will leave some money in Aussie bank.
Jogry & Neil Emoticon: Shiny

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I would never open an account with ABN-AMRO in Indonesia. They have a high starting fee (deposit) of 2500 euro/usd and their interest is said to be lower as well. I now get 5 percent on my BII account, though this is a Rupiah account. You can also open Euro accounts there, as well as every other Indonesian bank, probably with better raters and fees than ABN-AMRO, and the starting fee at BII is only Rp 200.000. I'm not poor, but a starting fee of 2500 USD is much for me to be honest.

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

I don't completely agree with Jeroen. Okay, the ABN-AMRO doesn't give mucht interest on their accounts (in fact only on the rupiah-account, which is a saving-account). When I opened an account with the ABN-AMRO here in Jakarta, nobody asked about a deposit of 2500 euro/usd, but it is possible that this was because of me.
But the positive thing is that transfers from the Netherlands to this ABN-AMRO account alway go smoothly. With other banks I have the experience that transfers sometimes disappear (f.i. Bank Mandiri and BII) which gives a lot of hassle and irritation.
The choice is yours!

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

disappearing money? Strange, but it doesn't happen with me (or not yet) and my BII account.

The deposit is a general demand, of course they can skip it of they like, but generally they don't do that I assume. At least not with me when asking.

Transferring money from RaboBank to BII takes 3 working days exactly by the way. That's shorter than a money transfer from RaboBank Postbank... whehe..

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I'm enjoying my BII account for 5 months now.. I can see everything on the internet. Sending money from RaboBank is a perfect sollution to make some savings there as well....

sayang
User
User icon of sayang
spacer line

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile. Jeroen
I'm also planning to open a bankaccount but I was wondering what you need when applying it at Bii bank? a passport...but what else?
thanks in advance

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 14-08-2004 16:15 sayang wrote:
Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile. Jeroen
Im also planning to open a bankaccount but I was wondering what you need when applying it at Bii bank? a passport...but what else?
thanks in advance

I only needed a passport, Rp 200.000 and half an hour of my time to omplete the form. When you are finished, you will have to activate your bankcard in the ATM outside and then you are finished. If you apply for internet banking, you will get some extra stuff and your email address is used to send your first login code.

I was told that foreigners at other locations than Jogja may need a bigger deposit at BII, or it's not even possible to open an account on a pasport outside Jogja and Bali (Because of the tourists there). Sounded strange to me, but maybe you should keep that in mind.

The bank where you open your account will be the branch office to go for activating your card again if you don't use it within .... months or to deactivate your account entirely.

sayang
User
User icon of sayang
spacer line

thanks for the very fast(!) reply and the usefull info, I've been several times to Bii on jl Thamrin, ground floor in the highest of three.
next time I shall open it, I guess I choose the www banking too.
in fact it's just to have an extra account in indonesia itself in case I loose my rabo card...thanks again!
I guess it's this one right?
http://www.bii.co.id/personal/superpundi_e.asp

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

TRY this ONE:

The easiest way to receive/transfer money in/to Indonesia is:

Deposit enough money to your checking account in your country, then take your debit card that has a visa logo with you to Indonesia, and get money from any ATM's machines (I always use BCA) that has the logo..

To transfer the money to Indo, I give my debit card to my family in Jakarta, the bank here will charge me only $ 1.25 (or $ 1.75) for each transaction... but it is still a good deal..compare to $ 40 bank charges for one transaction.

What do you think??

Desi Clark

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Desi,

I did the same with a bank card with Maestro-logo. It's a very good sollution. For me, foreign payments are even free! But that has to do with European laws. Maybe the one law that is good for us Emoticon: Red face

Yerun

jalofi
User
spacer line

to Pardi : bold text link here I wan task you , how do you control if the amount you've sent is right withdraw on your account at BNI ? Is it possible to control this fromout holland ? So yes, how do you do it ? And my response for all of this topic. It's very easy to open an account at BNI you need only a pasport and they ask an address but don't check this. You can ask for a KartoPlus then you can use it to pickup money at any ATM in Holland and in indonesia without costs at ATM's of BNI. You have monthly to pay a little fee for you account but you get more by the interest for your money on your account ( a lot of more then the 4% Jeroen said )

maurits
User
User icon of maurits
spacer line

Why not take a bank account in Hong Kong?? Also very easy to work with in Indonesia..

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Hong Kong? Kind of out of league for me, since I travel to Indonesia, not Hong Kong. Emoticon: Smile Maybe that's why I choose to open an account there.. Emoticon: Shiny

Blog Bot
spacer line

Easy opening an account at Lippobank is not true.
I live at Batam and being a non-Indonesian I could not get an account.
Living already in Indonesia for a couple of years, on-off, I dealt with many banks as I have been executing large projects all around Indonesia.
The banks that gave least trouble are ABN-AMRO, BNI, BII, Mandiri.

I have been looking for a bank accepting monthly sums from abroad, sums in Euro's.
That is not easy. I prefered the ABN although not no.1 on my list, but does not have a base at batam.

I tell a lot of stories I have heard elsewhere

Jantje
User
spacer line

Vandaag ontving ik deze brief van mijn bank. Vanaf nu wil men ook hier alles weten: Waar komt het vandaan en wat doe je er mee.

Bank Indonesia Regulation concerning Restriction on Rupiah Transaction to Foreign Party
Dear valued Citibank Customer,
Ve would like to inform you that according to (bank Indonesia Rogulation 1'10. 7/14!PBI/2005 dated June 14, 2005 and Bank Indonesia Circular Letter No. 7/23/DPD dated July 8, 2005 concerning Restrictions on Rupiah Transactions and Foreign Currency Lending by Banks, Banks are prohibited to conduct Rupiah Transfer* to an account held by Foreign Party** (singly or joint account held by Foreign Party) with the following exemptions:
I. For purpose of economic activity in Indonesia (as defined in the Bank Indonesia Circular Letter mentioned above):
a) By providing written declaration on the type of economic activities underlying the Rupiah Transfer (valid for transfer
amounting up to Rp. I 00.000.000,- (one hundred million rupiah)); or
b) By providing written declaration on the type of the economic activities underlying the Rupiah Transfer and submitting
supporting documents (valid for transfer amounting more than Rp. 100.000.000,- (a hundred million rupiah) in one single
transaction or cumulatively in several transactions in I (one) day)
2. Between accounts held by the same Foreign Party. (For transaction involving foreign currency / other than rupiah, subjected to
provision as stipulated in point I)
To comply with the provision mentioned above, the Beneficiary Bank of such transfer is required to obtain written declaration and/or supporting documents from Foreign Party as recipient of transfer.
We would appreciate your full cooperation to provide the required information and/or the documents in order to ensure the smoothness of the service.
We will only process the transaction upon receipt of the required information and/or documents as per prevailing regulation. If we do not receive the required information and/or document, we regretfully will not be able to process the transaction. We will not be liable for any fees / charges or consequences incurred, resulting from this situation.
Should you need further information, please contact our 24-Hour CitiPhone banking at 69999 directly from your
cellularphone
We thank you for your attention and cooperation.
Sincerely
~~~
Lauren Sulistiawati Retail Banking Director

A memberof cltigroup

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Ai Ai Ai .

The Belasting Dienst come for house visit.

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

SEE also www.pajak.go.id

Treaty tax Indonesia & Nederland 29-01-2002

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

theovb
User
spacer line

Maybe a bit late to reply after 2 years Jeroen ... but I was wondering what would
be the point in opening an Indonesian bank account?
You always have the problem that transfering money from your Dutch Euro account to your Indonesian account will cost you a transfer fee (say 2*10 Euro for every transfer) ...
I happen to remember that you were supporting somebody in Indonesia with a (for us) relatively small amount every month ... I am in the same position, and have to face up with a relatively large amount of additional transfer costs. How does opening an Indonesian account solve this?
Regards, Theo

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Theo, there is a way out. You can find it when searching on RaboBank in the search, but I gave someone an answer along time ago here:

http://forum.indahnesia.com/topic/1258/

Tuti & Jan
User
User icon of Tuti & Jan
spacer line

Jeroen,
You delete my answer to Treaty tax Indonesia & Nederland 29-01-2002??
The link to ministerie van financieen is not good working, thats why I put the document on our website on:
http://indonesie.tomaatnet.nl/(...)nblad-2002-nr.33.pdf
Jan

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Jan,
It was Dutch, I wanted to edit, but I clicked the wrong button.. sorry. Your link is fine by the way.
Yerun

Tuti & Jan
User
User icon of Tuti & Jan
spacer line

Sorry that I was writing in Dutch language, the document is in Dutch and Englisch language, there is also info about bankaccount and interest.
Jan

Veer01
User
User icon of Veer01
spacer line

Yerun...is it not possible to open an account here and use it in Indonesia???There are dutch banks in Indonesia.I know more people do this...they transfer money once every month so they dont have to bring a lot on the airplane when they go on holiday.(For example ING or ABN/AMRO or RABO are active in Asia.) Emoticon: Bye bye

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Veer,

I have a BII account for over 1.5 year now. But I don't want to send too much money, since the account is in Rupiah..

Yerun

Jantje
User
spacer line

Sorry, Lupa.

Hi Veer,
Open a bank account with bankpas (ATM card) in your name in Nederland. You then send the ATM-card to the benificiary in Indonesia. You can transfter an "x"- amount per month, automatically from your own account to this new account. The benificiary in Indonesia withdraws this money in any ATM machine that has for ex. Cirrus or maestro logo. This way you'll be sure you get ripped continuesly.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

51,347,246 topic views - 223,770 posts - 13,516 topics - 16,725 members - last post @ 20-11-2017 13:53 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

92,344,208 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com