indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Since I'm Dutch and willing to open a bank account in Indonesia, I would like to hear from people what they did to get one, or what you need. I understand foreigners only need an Indonesian "Tax payers ID", for example with BNI.

ABN-AMRO, in several Jawanese cities, only want's a deposit of about EUR 1400 for an IDR account and EUR 2300 for an EUR account. You get interest on your IDR account, not on your EUR account.

I would like to know more!

janss557
User
spacer line

You'll need a KTP, a Kartu Tanda Penduduk. I'm not sure you can have one if you're not living in Inondesia throughout the year.

Another method would be to have someone YOU CAN FULLY TRUST open that account. His nationality has to be Indonesian, of course. But it might be a method that arouses problems sooner or later.

Hub

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Trust is the main problem in Indonesia, but I have noticed that someone opened an account without KTP. I'm hoping I will succeed in that as well. But maybe he has done it on the name of an Indonesian family member. If that is the case, I can wait a long time, because I don't have Indonesian relatives Emoticon: Sadley

Yerun

hagen763
User
User icon of hagen763
spacer line

Hello Jeroen.
Ask Mr. Jan Hendriks he is Dutch married with an Indonesian and her name is Tuti. He is our new contactperson in Bali. He lives in Jimbaran.Also he visits the orphanage at Tuka Dalung-Kuta.
Please reply on my e-mailadress as You know. Thank You.
Umberto Emoticon: Bye bye

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Umberto,

I have sent you an email Emoticon: Smile

Yerun

janss557
User
spacer line

Dear Yerun,

I'm anxious to know if, and if so, how you succeeded. Your suggestion might be correct. A person might use the name of an Indonesian relative, without him or her knowing. That can easily be done if the person wanting the account lies about the necessity of the beneficiary's signature and pays for the use of that signature.

And then there is the possibility of paying a bank emplyee unofficially. It is still being done. But of course, we wouldn't like this way of dealing with the problem. You wouldn't stop feeling uneasy on the issue.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 26 November 2003 21:50 wrote:
Dear Yerun,I'm anxious to know if, and if so, how you succeeded.

Nanti, I will email the person in question this weekend, because I have a lot more to ask him, like the KITAS-thing he has arranged for himself.
I want to take the time for it, but as soon as I know more I will let it know here.

Upto now I didn't have much time to do anything else then work Emoticon: Sadley

Yerun

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I found out, but not via the contact person of Umberto.

I had contact with someone which currently lives in Indonesia and he told me you can get your very own Indonesian bank account with only your passport. No KTP needed, because that's only for locals, so a passport will do the job. Emoticon: Puh!

Indonesian banks probably love foreign assets, because over here (the Netherlands) it's almost impossible to open a shared account with a person which doesn't live here.

Jos
User
spacer line

Hi Jeroen,
my wife and I are also Dutch. We are going to Indonesia every year - as tourist and also for visiting relatives. That's why we also wanted to have an account in Indonesia, also it is more easier if you want to make a transfer to someone in Indonesia.
We went to BNI, and opened an account, just like the Dutch giro-account. You can use the bankpas just like the giropas: all over the world. We have a Kartuplus-account.
No special questions asked, they only asked us how much income you have.
So, no problems at all !
Anymore information ? Mail us !
Goodluck ! Emoticon: Smile

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 16 December 2003 19:52 wrote:
Hi Jeroen,
my wife and I are also Dutch. We are going to Indonesia every year - as tourist and also for visiting relatives. That's why we also wanted to have an account in Indonesia, also it is more easier if you want to make a transfer to someone in Indonesia.
'We went to BNI, and opened an account, just like the Dutch giro-account. You can use the bankpas just like the giropas: all over the world. We have a Kartuplus-account.
No special questions asked, they only asked us how much income you have.
So, no problems at all !
Anymore information ? Mail us !
Goodluck ! Emoticon: Smile

Thanks for the information. It makes me much more confident of getting my own Indonesian bank-account as well. Income is no problem for me as well, and they will probably notice I earn some money as well. 'If everything is good I can use the account for holiday expenditures. That's all I need for now.

Blog Bot
spacer line

Jeroen,
all you need is an Indonesian adress, and the first deposit is'n that much.
At BII you can open an account (internet banking). so you can open get into your accout from every where.

Wind Mill

I tell a lot of stories I have heard elsewhere

Blog Bot
spacer line

The point with BNI is that they don't have internet banking .
But BII does.
It's much easyer. so you can make transfer to every where and from any where.

Wind Mill

I tell a lot of stories I have heard elsewhere

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 18 December 2003 10:40 Wind Mill wrote:
Jeroen,
all you need is an Indonesian adress, and the first deposit is'n that much.
At BII you can open an account (internet banking). so you can open get into your accout from every where.

Wind Mill

Thanks for the advice. However internet banking isn't needed for me, it would be of great benefit for me. I'll remember that for sure!

sks
User
spacer line

Hi Jeroen,
BCA also has internet banking.
http://www.klikbca.com/index_eng.html
In case you haven't known yet, in Indonesia there's usually a charge if you withdraw money from other bank's ATM (sometimes it's not even possible to do so).

lopulisa
User
User icon of lopulisa
spacer line

Sofar I've noticed that everybody has experiences with BNI and/or BII, I'll be leaving for jkt on the 22nd this month and planning to open an account at the BCA. A special account actually, it's for the daughter of a friend of mine. My purpose is that this account is ONLY accessible to my own person ( as being the beneficiary) and later on, by the time the girl is 23, also to this daughter. I'll be in the possession of a KTP, but I'm still a Dutch citizen ( certain 'connections' are very useful indeed....)
Is there anybody who wants to inform me about certain things I haven't mentioned yet except for my passport, income....what else should I be prepared of ???
Thank you all in advance!!
Margie Lopulisa Emoticon: Smile

Laysa Lopulisa

sks
User
spacer line

Hi Margie,
Actually for that case personally I wouldn't suggest BCA. I'll write you an email.

sks
User
spacer line

I wonder why my reply was put as from 'forumbot'.
-sks-

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 04 January 2004 02:04 sks wrote:
I wonder why my reply was put as from 'forumbot'.
-sks-

I wondered that myself as well right now.. Emoticon: Confused I'm checking it out Emoticon: Puh!

havana45
User
spacer line

Using a false identity document is an offense(KTP palsu).Minimum penalty is 5 years prison.So do not use your false identity for official matters. Emoticon: Nooo

lopulisa
User
User icon of lopulisa
spacer line

Hi there Havana45 ( bornt in '45 ???)
Don't worry, my ktp is my old 1 from Bandung ( I've been lecturing there for some time), it had been extended all the time. Difference is that I'm supposed to be living in jkt nowadays..... Afterall, when opening the bankaccount, my Dutch passport will be decisive and not my ktp!! Emoticon:

Laysa Lopulisa

nona
User
spacer line

Hi, my name is Pipiet, I and my husband are ducth, since 2000 we started open account at ABN-AMRO in Bandung . Everything are perfect, we have rupiahs account and EURO account, for the euro account minimum we have to deposit about 2.260.00 is about f.5000 guldens en voor rupiah account minimum deposit is 680.00.

Everymonth they sent us bank statement from ABN AMRO in Bandung, we get also safety box from ABN, everytime we went for holiday we can keep value things in the safety box.

they need only passpoort number that's all, now everymonth I save money from my abn account in Holland to abn account in Indonesia.

So we dont have to worry so much about pocket money for holiday.

Emoticon: Bye bye

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

To get back to the people who helped me..

I have opened a bank account last March with Bank Internasional Indonesia (BII). I now have a "Superpundi" savings account with at least 4.00 percent interest on the money there.

You can simply open an account with your passport, nothing else required accept a deposit of Rp 200,000 ( 20,- ) for initial banking fees for the card and checkbook.

The card can be used everywhere in the world.

aliakbar
User
User icon of aliakbar
spacer line

A Passport is enough for any foreigner to open accounts in Indonesia...
And any starting minimum balance in an bank ranges from Rp.200,000 to Rp.1,000,000 depending which local bank you would like to open.

Even Bank Lippo gives you a ATM card With VISA ,,,so you can withdraw money from anywhere in the world....I prefer them

Jeroen, Do BII atm cards operate in Holland...I have an experience with them in Singapore where they didnt work,,,I had the MUSAFIR ATM CARDS BII Savings????

www Jakarta through the Eyes of an Expat

Pardi
User
spacer line

I have my account by BNI sinds 1995 they never ask for my passport, the only thing they need is a adress in Indonesia. My first account I made in Bukittinggi, later in Jakarta. In Jakarta they ask fore the first time my passport, becource they have a different system they use a computer, this whas in 1998. Now I have a tap plus by BNI en ATM card in Sungai penuh - Sumatra. the minimum account is 25.000 Rp. I only warn you, to check if you sent money from Holland that you receive the writh amount. In 1999 they stolen 600.000 Rp from me, and I gat it back in Jakarta Head office BNI. After that time I never have no more problems in Sungai penuh, they know I always check and controll.

Salaam Pardi Emoticon: Bye bye

Sorry fore my English, I never learn it ad school, normal I use spelling controle in words, is that a good Idee?/ Emoticon: Angry Emoticon: Confused ....... Emoticon: Yes!

jogry
User
spacer line

Hi,
We will be arriving in Bali on a retirement visa 15th.July. I telephoned the ABN-AMRO bank in denpasar and was told that I could open a bank account in euros. I must make a deposit equivalent of US$2500.
We had to show our passports and retirement visa's
For us this is the easiest way to transfer euros from our ABN-AMRO account in the Hague to Bali.
At this moment we have dual citizenship Australian/New Zealander.
We will travel on our NZ passports.
Will leave some money in Aussie bank.
Jogry & Neil Emoticon: Shiny

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

25,193,952 topic views - 195,801 posts - 13,139 topics - 9,845 members - last post @ 22-07-2014 09:15 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2014
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

52,802,479 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com