indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sumatera > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Mu xxx
User
spacer line

Hi! Emoticon: Bye bye

My friend and I will be travelling from Penang to Medan on the 14th of oct. Thats about the only solid detail we have!! I'm hoping to travel down past Lake Toba, then eventually to Bukit Tinggi and to Padang.

If anyone can give advice about stop overs in inbetween towns that would be awesome. We have nine days and have to leave from Medan again, so I was thinking of going around in a circle... going up past Dumai on our way back or something? Does anyone recommend that?

Thanks!!! Emoticon: Shiny

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Mu xxx,

If I was you I would spend a little time at Lake Toba and then fly to Padang, only takes 1hr 20 m. From Padang you can head up to Bukittinggi by bus and spend a few days there and also visit lake Maninjau, what a paradise!!
Another great place to visit is Painan 2 hrs south of Padang, again another paradise.
In my photos you will find Edi's Homestay just 2km out of Painan. it is a fantastic place to stay and the area offers many things to see and do.
community.webshots.com/user/ppamela1 for all my Indonesian photos and community.webshots.com/album/349086449oYfNie
for my Painan photos.
In Jan this year I flew from Jakarta to Padang, taxied down to Painan, hired a car and then spent the next 19 days touring around West Sumatra, what an experience. From Padang I flew to Medan and spent time in Bukit Lawang. The year before I had flown to Medan and spent a couple of days at Lake Toba, another paradise.
Have a fantastic time. if you would like more detailed info' email me at pamelajoyfugeRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.hotmail.com
Pamela

Mu xxx
User
spacer line

Thanks for that!

You said that you flew to Padang- was that from Medan and which airline did you use? That would be really handy thanks!!

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Mu, This year I flew from Jakarta to Padang with Garuda and then flew from Padang to Medan with Mandala, the company which just experienced that terrible crash on take off from Medan's Polonia airport.
I had always found them Mandala to be good and I still believe when your number is up it is up. I have flown twice in the mornings with Mandala to Jakarta over the past two yrs.
Not sure if Garuda fly to Medan from Padang, but there are other airlines that do the same route. Price for the flight was about 395,000 rupiah one way.
Have a great holiday.
Pamela

Mu xxx
User
spacer line

Thank you for that!! ^__^ Emoticon: Yes!

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

85,100,761 topic views - 240,132 posts - 13,728 topics - 33,218 members - last post @ 19-09-2020 21:36 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

138,803,956 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com