indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

BlogBlot
User
spacer line

Household oil Rp 2.000, Premium Rp 4.500

The Indonesian government has put the price of household oil at Rp 2.000 per liter, and the price of premium petrol will be raised to Rp 4650 per liter. This is an increase of about 88 per cent. This was announced just minutes ago by Aburizal Bakrie.

Continue reading , click the title

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Almost double the price.. I expected a big rise, maybe somewhere near Rp 4.000, but this is more than everyone seemed to expect.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Better do it as it should be done at once they would have thought, instead to raise the prices once again in a few months. Police and Army will be "Siaga nomor satu" the coming days. Rakyat Indonesia will be outraged. Billions of $/Rp are corrupted the common man have to pay. Another proof of mismanagement of the Republik Indonesia. What a mess Emoticon: Nooo

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

It should be done indeed. This is probably the only best thing to do now. As Yudhoyono said :"Kenaikan Harga BBM Adalah Keputusan Pahit". I heard, prices in Yogya were already at Rp 5.000 a few minutes ago Emoticon: nice rounding of numbers.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Tidak dihukumi ribuan koruptor besar adalah keputusan jauh lebih pahit. If one does one thing which seems important one should be also be brave to make decisions that are much more important if the future of the nation is at stake.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I hope he will.. I really hope so.. but he will have to face bigger silent opposition to do that, than to raise fuel prices. At least now the Rupiah will be a little stronger and the government will have an additional Rp 10 trilyar to spend, if only a little bit reaches the common people.. it's at least something.

gmee01
User
User icon of gmee01
spacer line

Hallo Londoh and Jeroen,
thats a different discussion: this language-issue.
About the oil-prices: this was already expected because the prices in the world also rose. And despite a promise of SBI ,one has to be pretty dumb, not to understand this had to happen.Most Indonesian know the petrol is subsedised. And a lot of this subsedised petrol was smuggled to Malaysia and Singapore. By whom, of course by people who have money, because who else can buy a tankfreight of petrol. This evening a taxidriver who drove me home did not expect that a lot of cars or motor-bikes would come to a stillstand. People here learned to adjust to a situation. Besides that real poor people get a subsidy of RP. 100.000,- a month to buy household-kerosene( app. 15.6 million ppl). I remember the sixties in Holland. We had the same problems. Prizes went up, there came social unrest and the wages went up. With this social unrest a higher level of political intrest. Which let to a better division in means(money, property etc.) untill there was a reasonable difference between the haves and have-nots. But here in Indonesia the Kencana-family is still around and they wont let go of their wealth that easy.
Besides that the prize of petrol will be rising till january 2007 untill it is on the level of the rest of the world. Because also Indonesians have to learn to live in reality. And that takes a prize, necessary and sometimes bitter. They cannot buy that much pulsar more for their mobil-phones. friendly greetings Gerard.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

86,914,656 topic views - 240,527 posts - 13,734 topics - 34,037 members - last post @ 03-12-2020 10:38 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

141,668,523 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com