indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

geniux
User
spacer line

Hey people!

I'm going to do my final internship in jakarta, starting from february 2006 until july. I've already searched the internet for housing and so far I've found some pretty affordable apartments (Taman Rasuna).

There is nothing wrong with such a deluxe apartment complete with swimmingpool and other mumbo jumbo but I'd rather stay in an area with (international) students with the same age. So my question is if any of you guys know a housingcomplex or a neighbourhood where a lot of students live and where I can rent an affordable room or apartment.

tnx Emoticon: Smile

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Try to get info at Universitas Pelita Harapan.
They have a campus .

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

geniux
User
spacer line

tnx for the tip but I dont think they will allow me there since I'm not a student at the university. I'm actually looking for a neighbourhood where a lot of students live and where there are rooms/apartments for rent (i heard it was called "kos" or something).

do you study in jakarta sidia?

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

Hai Geniux,
Ya if you would like to live in a student area than you have to go for the "inde kos' option. I did it for one year and really liked it! But it is difficult to arrange that from a distance cause you really have to check the room before you take it. Try to find a new kos with your own kamar mandi inside, its nice to live with other student together coz it's a nice way to learn about the student life overthere. I had to pay 100 euro for 6 months, but that's in Yogyakarta, I guess it will be more in Jakarta.
Goodluck!

ps. I'm going again for my studiy in the same period, also in Jakarta for a short time, I guess I will reconize you if I'm there Emoticon: Wink

- Let us live simply so that others may simply live -

Bogor
User
User icon of Bogor
spacer line

You should be search in DEPOK, there a lot of student from one of the best Indonesia uinversity ( UI ) also around there few expensive university Emoticon: Yes!
I think this what are you serach, right Emoticon: Yes!

geniux
User
spacer line

Yeah, that's the reason why I want to live near students, the social contacts you gain and you get to learn the Indonesian people and their culture a lot faster then when you live a "expensive" apartment with working people and expats.

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile. Hilmar: Where are you from? And what are you studying in Jakarta?

Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile. Bogor: Is Depok a neighbourhood? I'll try to do some googlin' on that, tnx for the tip Emoticon: Smile

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

geniux

I get an adr. from google (for sale & rent) = 17.000.000 rp/yr.
apartemen mediterania garden 1
tanjung duren , jakarta barat
marco 0856.128.3000 (24 hrs)
021-5682781

You can try to get information from Pelita harapan.
Some students from holland are studying at the Pelita Harapan.
(I am liv. in Ams)

mashil
User
User icon of mashil
spacer line

Waauw thats quit expensive..... no, not expensive but a lot of money, a kos2an is way more cheaper.

I live in Amsterdam Geniux, I also study in Amsterdam but had to be in Yogya for my internship.
And for a kind of research I have the possibility to go again...poor me hehehe Emoticon: Shiny

- Let us live simply so that others may simply live -

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

In Jakarta Barat (west) they have several kos2 an , from 500.000 rupie.
It depends the facilities.
Around Universitas Trisakti , Universitas Tarumanegara , and Pelita Harapan
you can find apartments around 75 up to 100 euro/mnd (750.000 to 1000.000 rp).
Yogya ia another story , more cheaper than jakarta.
I can't find the adres .

viera
User
spacer line

why in jakarta??
bandung have many kost ... coz many students studying there...
and.. more cheaper then jakarta...
jakarta-bandung about 2 hours by car...
and for rent the room about 450000 rupiah/month and the bathroom inside... and have a laundry too...
better you kost in bandung...
adios amigoz

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Dear viera,
bandung teh teu caket ti jakarta.
Even by the Cipularang route.
His internship is in jakarta , which university ?
If U.I. he can go to Depok. If Trisakti the logical choise is Jakarta barat.t

viera
User
spacer line

yaaa sutralah... namanya juga ngasih saran atuuh...
jakarta-bandung pake tol cipularang 2 hours loh...
kan udah sering mondar mandir jakarta bandung....
Emoticon: Bye bye

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Thats why I give advice to Geniux to seek apatments in Jakarta and he can go in the week end to Parijs of java. Only 2 hours via Cipularang.
Because his first goal is for study , not vacation.
Bandung ?
Welknown with peuyeum bandung and the lovely mojang priangan .
(eta teh anu denok) .Asyyiik deh.

viera
User
spacer line

maksud ane.... kenape sekolahnye di jakarta?? kunaon teu di bandung wae...pan ngenah ta dingin2 empuk gimana gitoee....
tipada jakarta... hareudang kesang... karunya ta bule.. bisa jadi pepes bule...

geniux
User
spacer line

hey guys, tnx for all the feedback and usefull tips Emoticon: Smile

I'm not going to study at a university in Indonesia. Here in holland I go to artschool in Rotterdam and as a part of my graduation i have to do an internship at a real company for about 6 months. If everything goes as planned, I can do my internship at Lowe Indonesia in Jakarta (the biggest advertisement agency in Indonesia). So a room Bandung is not an option.

I have max. 350/400 euro's a month to spend on a living space. I know I can get very nice apartments for that money, but I'd rather spent a lot less and live in a less luxury place near students.

So what are good student neighbourhoods to search? I already heard about DEPOK, Kemang and Jakarta Barat. And i understand you can have your own washing machine at some Kos houses, what about the rest of the furnishement? Do I have to buy my bed, couch, tables, tv etc myself or are those things already in the room?

greetings,

Will

viera
User
spacer line

hmmm ic... if you want to kost in jakarta i have brother who kost in depok he studying in Indonesia university depok...
and maybe he can help you to find out cheap kost with have bed, laundry.. but sometime if you bring pc in tht room you have to pay more.. about 50.000 rupiah.. and cost/mounth for kost about 400.000- 500.000 rupiah ( have to buy bed couch and tv)... and your money have alot to safe in safetybox... for go back to your place... dont wory i will get some information what you need in jakarta... with more specific prize and facilities..
i think it will help you...
cyaa....

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Geniux ,
because yr not a student you can make a deal with a student , like "onderhuren" .
I have many yrs ago a flat for 1 yr with the same construction at Lullenstede
also welknown as Uilenstede. (Amstelveen) .

geniux
User
spacer line

Hey viera, I appreciate all your help, it's hard to find information on internet about Kos houses, so any inside help is more than welcome Emoticon: Worship

I don't know where all the neighbourhoods are exactly but Lowe is located at Jalan Sultan Hasanuddin. I believe that is near blok M (pasar Raya)? Correct me if i'm wrong. So is Depok far away from there? I don't mind travelling, as long as it doesn't take me more then 1 hour to get there (without traffic jams).

And I don't mind to have a "onderhuur" room. Only demands I have is a clean room, a normal toilet Emoticon: Puh! , and a good neighbourhood. It doesn't has to be luxurious with swimmingpool or whatever. As long as there are nice people to talk with and a good social enviroment then i'm happy Emoticon: Cooool

G_long
User
spacer line

Depok is not far away from Blok M and many transportation from Depok to Blok M.

geniux
User
spacer line

hey viera Emoticon: Smile

heard anything from your brother yet?

viera
User
spacer line

hi geniux... i already got the news about kost2an..from my brother
the room tht you looking for are near from univ.Indonesia Depok have facilities : bed room, bath room inside room... the price 500.000 rupiah/mounth but if you want to bring some TV and PC must pay more about 50.000 rupiah... or for simple thing my brother will help you..
you can call him . whats your email ? i will send his phone number to your email. Emoticon: Smile Emoticon: Shiny ok Emoticon: Confused

spacer line  

Hi,

im looking for the phone number of kos2an in kemang (Jakarta). One of my friend talked to me about this place but i didnt manage to find the address and phone number. I dont live in Jakarta and i scheduled to come for 3 weeks in december-january so maybe someone could help me with this.
I looked on internet but prices of the hotel was like 1500$US what is really just too much expensive and apparently just exagerated.

thx a lot and have a good day

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Try several jakartas newspaper .

see www.poskota.co.id
apartmen or kos kosan.
Apartement rajawali (kemayoran=centre of jakarta)
monthly +- 1,800.000 rp (150 Euro).

spacer line  

Hi,

Thx for ur answer but i dont speak indonesian and i didnt find any information on the different online newspapers i found on internet.
I dont live in Indonesia so maybe someone could give me the phone number of 628 kos kosan in Jakarta Kemang. i didnt find any address or something related to kos kosan in order i contact this place.

Thx a lot

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,847,173 topic views - 234,917 posts - 13,695 topics - 25,647 members - last post @ 14-11-2019 10:19 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,632,420 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com