indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Indonesia hotel information > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

braveneil
User
User icon of braveneil
spacer line

Planning to come to cirebon on Oct 4. Can someone point me to a cheap budget stay? Thanks.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Very easy to find accomodation in Cirebon at reasonable prices. Lots of choice near the railwaystation and on Jl. Siliwangi in the surroundings of this station.

rosetine
User
spacer line

halo braveneil, u can find hotel sidodadi, it s near with station, n that hotel in central city. not far from hotel u can find some supermakerket n chiness food restaurant " JUMBO '. good luck

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Don't forget to eat at RM Padang "Sederharna" on Jl. Siliwangi, it looks very luxerious, but the food is cheap and one of the best I ever had in Indonesia

braveneil
User
User icon of braveneil
spacer line

Hi everyone again. Initially I wanted to go to Pelabuhan Ratu Beach after visiting Bandung. Pelabuhan Ratu Beach seems to be a favorite tourist spot. That makes me consider cirebon, since not much writeup on it. I will still get to enjoy seafood preferrably Sundanese style. I love strucked with Sundaness food about 3 months ago when I first visited Bandung.

I wondered if there is any hostel over at cirebon other than the hotels recommended. Thanks for the reccommendation.

By the way, how to go to Cirebon from Bandung. Is there a train or bus going there? Please help again.

My thanks to all,
Neil

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

By bis via Sumedang, beautifull trip, don't forget to buy Tahu Goreng at Sumedang, a must.

Food is great in Cirebon.

Salam dari Amsterdam

braveneil
User
User icon of braveneil
spacer line

Hi londoh, will go to where you have reccommended - to eat at RM Padang "Sederharna" on Jl. Siliwangi and buy Tahu Goreng at Sumedang.

Sundanese food is so fantastic. Cirebon, I am coming..........

My thanks to you again,
Neil

braveneil
User
User icon of braveneil
spacer line

Hi londoh, is there any indication where to find that bus that brings me to Sumedang? So I do stop by Sumedang and transfer to Cirebon? or is there a straight bus that takes me Cirebon from Bandung?

My regards,
Neil

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

From the busstation at the beginning of Jl. Soekarno Hatta in Bandung (sorry forgot the name of the terminal) you take a bus straight to Cirebon. All the buses will stop in Sumedang to buy tahu goreng, that's a must, one should bring ole-ole toh, a better ole2 than tahu goreng Sumedang is hard to find. Watch the baskets Emoticon: Nice

bandoeng
User
spacer line

the name of bus station in Bandung is Leuwipanjang.
Yes all the buses will stop in Sumedang. But the best tahu is Bungkeng ( and also famous since Soekarno always ate tahu there). but bungkeng is not a bus stop.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Ayam sori, in my opinion the best tahu is found in Kediri, but that is far away Emoticon: Yeah right!

braveneil
User
User icon of braveneil
spacer line

Trust me, this is the best cirebon advise I have ever come across the net. I have been searching high and low on cirebon. This is pure gold. So much thanks again.

viera
User
spacer line

for my advice.. better you call me...
bandung- cirebon can take 5 hours by bus... but by car rental could be 4 hours... but sometime if u go there at nite could be 3 hours.. coz my friend say tht.. he crazy to drive at nite...
jakarta-bandung take 2 hours.. by private car... by train 4 hours...
jakarta-cirebon take 5 hours.. by bus...
thts the information all i can give...
need more question i will help you as i can...

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi Viera,

Anda suka sepak bola? Emoticon: Shiny

Sometimes it is better to take the car to cover such distances as BDG - JKT or BDG -CRB, when you need to do bisnis or so and you think "waktu adalah uang". But when on holiday I think it is very relaxing to take a bis so one is together with Indonesian people and can see the landscape.I certainly would not travel at night with crazy drivers. too dangerous. I prefer to travel by day time, so I can see what happens or enjoy my last minute on earth Emoticon: Stupid

Salam dari Amsterdam

viera
User
spacer line

salam dari bandung lautan asmara.... Emoticon: Blush
well... bus driver... same crazy as travel driver......
so... if i have a time.. i will be your driver then... will be save... and will enjoy for your eyes to see the landscape.. and your heart will peace...
but why must go to cirebon?
hmmm....

braveneil
User
User icon of braveneil
spacer line

I suppose that Mount Ciremai is near Cirebon. Is it possible to climb it?

Viera are you at Cirebon?

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi Neil,

You can go there through Linggajati, a historical place in the Dutch-Indo "relation" ship, there is a museum. There are also hotsprings there. And when in Cirebon try fish, shrimps, crab etc. Famous Emoticon: Nice

Gruces

braveneil
User
User icon of braveneil
spacer line

Surely Gruces, seafood is one of my purpose to be there. I am coming to the end of my cleansing fast. Other than that I am looking for some rugged sport. Information on the trek on Mount Ciremai is scarce. One webpage suggest ascending from Cipari and descending towards Linggajati. I wonder if a person alone can go up the mountain. And is it easy to find a guide to bring me up?

My regards,
Neil

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi Neil,

I have been many times to Cirebon but in 1991 - 1997, just a few months ago I was there again. I often took the road Cirebon - Ciamis, which is wonderfull and made a few times a stop at the hotsprings that are just besides the main road close to Linggajati. In my simple opinion that if you can go down you can go up taking the same road Emoticon: Shiny I should not go alone, a guide must be easy to find.

Gruces

Lon

btw put ceremai and linggajati in the indonesian Google Emoticon: Shiny

"Ada dua jalur pendakian, yaitu dari Desa Linggajati di Kecamatan Cilimus, dan jalur Palutungan yang dimulai dari Kecamatan Cigugur, namun jalur Linggarjati merupakan jalur yang paling sering dilalui para pendaki karena relatif lebih landai."

www.rri-online.com/modules.php(...)me=Artikel&sid=14054

braveneil
User
User icon of braveneil
spacer line

Hi Lon or Gruces, which do you prefer?

Ciamis? How do you travel? Public transport or you drove?

You mentioned about those hotsprings. Do you have to pay to use it?

My regards,
Neil

braveneil
User
User icon of braveneil
spacer line

Unfortunately, i can't read indonesian.

braveneil
User
User icon of braveneil
spacer line

Hi, I read that in order to climb Mount Ciremai, I must pay a fee to go up. Can someone tells me where to pay? Irregardless there is a guide or no guide. I am going up.

My regards,
Neil

viera
User
spacer line

unfortunetly i live in bandung... and have been to cirebon long time agoo...
as i know.. for climb mounth ciremai free... but if you have a guide thts the other story.. should pay....
cirebon now quite hot..... coz near beach...and for my recomendite you should go to bandung 1st and clim tangguban perahu mountai... you can see active volcano.. and hot water from there.... 1 hours walk away to natural hot water...
after tht you can go to cirebon....
i will give you more information about cirebon...
goodluck.. oyaah for sure.. i can be you guide tour..
Emoticon: Shiny

braveneil
User
User icon of braveneil
spacer line

Hi Viera, I will never go tangguban perahu again. I went up there empty handed and came down with two luggages. Too much peddlers selling their stuffs. Strangely, no matter how I try to dress like a poor local Indonesian, they can still spot me as a tourist. I was literally swamped by them from the top till all the way down.

I will be stopping by at Bandung to pick up my special designed and made wallets in a leather craft shop. Viera, you have to be very sure. As I read from some sites, they suggest climbing from night and reach the summit in the morning before sunrise. You can call me 'nuts'.

Now here is my goodwill in return. All your seafood and travelling expenses will be paid by me. As for lodging wise, I am not sure. I am not in for the luxurious. Just as I am prepared to climb the mountain alone I am prepared to sleep at the street. Well of course that will not happen.

I don't have much time actually. I'll try to reach bandung latest on Tuesday Morning and setting off around 3pm and slowly find our way there. Hopefully, we can start climbing at about 9pm or slightly later. After that we can have all the fun and eating and drinking. Cigarettes will be provided by me. If you are ready, we will go. Please think twice before you decide.

My thanks,
Neil

braveneil
User
User icon of braveneil
spacer line

Sorry Viera, are you referring to being a guide for Bandung or Cirebon? Should you want to charge a fee, how much would that be?

My thanks again,
Neil

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

49,908,676 topic views - 222,128 posts - 13,484 topics - 16,232 members - last post @ 20-09-2017 16:23 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

89,959,556 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com