indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

sascha
User
User icon of sascha
spacer line

Record Indonesia palm oil exports expected

People might like to know more about how this oil is produced.
A movie by the Workers Union from workers for workers may show best the conditions. [url=ed2k://|file|The%20Globalisation%20Tapes%20-%20Indonesia%20(2002).avi|720286902|0446ED73C647CB52A85528CFC199E443|/]Globalisation Tapes Indonesia[/url]
You need edonkey/emule to download. If you are really interested i can also send on a cd by mail.

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Dear Sacha yth.,

I had read on 'tele-text' of Gelderland regional tv that actually NUON was planning tot use palm oil as a fuel to generate electricity !!!
If they do this it sure make mass production avaliable on the long run !!!
But .... other political parties like P.v.d.A (Dutch Social-Democrats) are planning to reject this, with the argument that the mass production of palm oil is at the cost of the 'rainforrests' in INDOnesia.
The mass burning, with a lot of smoke that even bothers neighbouring countries is probably already a sign of big landowners to show that they are ready for this mass production of palm oil ...... !!!

Greets .... Anis.

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

I have seen a documentary at Nova not too long ago about this. The inlands of Borneo are burned down to be prepared for palm-oil plantations. But they forgot that those trees don't grow very well at altitutes higher than a few hundred meters above sealevel, just take a look at a map of Borneo and see that most of the inlands are substantially higher.

Isn't it better to tell them right now instead of laughing about their stupid burning after they find out it doesn't grow at all? Emoticon:

putri
User
spacer line

Again , really typical of desperately being greedy of my nation. Last August I was flying to Indonesia with Malaysian airlnes, I saw too many smokes in KL, I thought it was just clowdy and misty day, quite strange in August. But now I know why of course.
I am Indonesian , but I really cannot understand this way of thinking, not 10 years ago, not now. Why, when all the informations are available, they are still keep on doing things without pre-research ? I believe these greediness has been inspired by all those wild west movies, in a country when almost everybody very anti american or anything that west, they are seeing too much crap movies and stupid sinetron. hhhhhh..................I can't believe this !!!!

sascha
User
User icon of sascha
spacer line

How should somebody that never went to school for long and struggles to survive know all the information??
U cant blame the poor u can only blame the people who invest and buy the stuff. The western people with the money and power and the vision of export oriented development. The companies who produce/buy the palm oil are not indonesian owned. Capitalism has no moral and ethics. I cant laugh about the stupid burning i can only cry. Coz im too buying cheap soap and shampoo and candy bars. They all contain this oil.
Globalisation sucks.

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

Sascha Mein Freund .

I am agree with you .
Yes , u can only blame the people who invest and buy the stuff.(including Sidia ?)
And the rich western countries who exporting their problems to developing countries.

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

To join Sidia .... Sacha, I am sorry to say, but you are a bit na´ve my friend, the use of it in soap is done for such a long time .... but to use it as a fuel for electricity plants will scale up the use of palm oil, with such an impact for even the environment of the people that lived in these areas .... in short: enormously !!!
One must not forget that the oil prices had risen, even in an oil-producing country like INDOnesia !!!

Greets ... Anis; no hard feelings, I hope ???

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

S.lm s.mua yth.,

I put this here as a reminder, if we look at all those catastrophes that hit also the western world, is it not time to rethink economical developments on a global scale ???

Sampai disini dulu .... Anis

sascha
User
User icon of sascha
spacer line

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Sacha yth.,

I think I owe you an apology ..... I do not know that, already the amount of palm oil use, without use for generating electricity was that high ..... this makes the use of palm oil more severe for the rainforests and especially for the orang utan !!!
So indeed:'"Bye orang utan ....... "; the moment we, human beings kill ourselves we then, to late, remember you !!!"

Anis.

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Sascha yth.,

Do you know this German site:

www.daserste.de/wwiewissen/the(...)lrn16gjnksah4&cm.asp

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

The continuing story of 'palmoil' ........ on 02-11-2005 Electrabel anounced a rejection of palm oil use te generate electricity, at least for their 'plant' in the city of Nijmegen.
'Omroep Gelderland' brought this news, by stating also that the Dutch Government cut immensely subsidaries for 'alternative fuels'; therefore it is not of any financially benefit to use these 'alternative fuels'.
The Nymegian electrical compagny Electrabel was intended to lower the amount of polution it was producing to generate electricity by using palmoil.
Envirmental organisations are against the use of palm oil, because the use of it will mimimize tropical rainforrest, in a significant way.

Source: www

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

At
video.google.com
there is a videofilm avaliable about this subject.
You have to 'fill up' with Indonesia, though ...... in search .

dangdude03
User
User icon of dangdude03
spacer line

zieleffe
User
User icon of zieleffe
spacer line

On 13-10-2006 17:56 dangdude03 wrote:
See this video:

http://video.google.nl/videopl(...)uration%3Along&hl=nl

Als je hier op door klikt krijg je een halve pagina die je niet meer weg kan halen.
De pagina staat als een blok vast op je beeldscherm.
Je kan wel gewoon door met ander pagina, als je weer Internet explorer klikt raar maar waar Emoticon: Nooo Emoticon: Cry

Verdediging is de ruiter van kritiek--- *O* --,Het doel heiligt de middelen

Yerun
User
User icon of Yerun
spacer line

And now they burned forests to make new 'forests' with palm oil plantations. Emoticon:

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

77,000,674 topic views - 234,994 posts - 13,697 topics - 25,725 members - last post @ 18-11-2019 04:56 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,822,838 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com