indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sumatera > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

Hello, we want to travel from Singapore by boat to Medan and then from Medan over land to Jakarta. Does anyone know how/where we can take a ferry from Singapore to Medan and my second question would be: does anyone recently traveled in that area. Are there still many problems due to Decembers Tsunami?

Hope that anyone who has been to Sumatra recently is willing to share his experience.
Thanks
Marcel

nairan
User
spacer line

Hai Marcel,

Last august I travelled by boat from Dumai (Sumatra) to Malaka (Malaysia). I know there is a connection from Singapore to Dumai. I would like to advice you to take the boat to Dumai en from there by bus to Medan. That trip is much nicer when you take the time to visit west Sumatra before you go to Medan. If y you like I can give you many nice trips en adresses by mail.

An other option is to travel to Penang (Malaysia) by bus (the busconnections in Malaysia are very good) and from there it is easy to take the boat to Medan.

The problems from the Tsunami are concentrated up North of Sumatra in the Aceh area. I went in july to North Sumatra // up to Bukit Lawang wich is not effected by it, but still recorvering form the flue in 2003. But when you can, please go because it so nice there. If you want I can give you good adresses en telefone nummers of a good guide etc.

Nairan (Dutch)

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Nairan,
Pamela here, Would you mind writing up a Just Back Report about your recent trip to Indonesia under a new topic. I am really interested to read about your trip, what you did, what you saw, where you stayed etc. I am sure many of the other readers of this forum would love to read about your trip also.
We missed your posts whilst you were away.

Pamela.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Wilma, Marcel, like Nairan said all the problems with the tsunami were in Aceh, very northern part of Sumatra.
But even places like Pulau Weh are now okay to visit and I think you will find a post or two on this forum where people have mentioned they have travelled to Pulau Weh recently. That was one of my destinatins for trip in Jan/Feb but had to be cancelled.
Pamela

winke
User
spacer line

Hi, Marcel
We are just back from Dumai. Our family lives in Dumai Medan Pekanbaru we know this area. Last Januar/februar I visited Medan and Dumai. By bus a good obtion Dumai-Medan. We tried to start a little guesthouse.
www.visit-sumatra.nl; You can find information about Dumai and Sumatra.
At this moment the questhouse is temporary not available.; The ferry from Dumai to Malaca is great. In Dumai we know Mr. Muchsin; He always try to pick up tourists from the ferry and offers them free accomodation; But you have to teach some hours in his school; He is a teacher english and likes tourists will speak to his students. We know other addresses (cheap); In case you are interesed send a mail.

spacer line  

Hello nairan, I totally agree with pPamela. I realy would like to have you contacts and ideas of where to go and what is nice to see. if you want you can email me at: marcel_de_ruiterRemoved to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.hotmail.com
Thanks
Marcel

spacer line  

Thanks for the information Winke, we still do not know which route we take. From singapore we have to make it in 7.5 weeks to Denpasar of where we fly to New Zealand...The idea was to travel overland over Sumatra, over Java to Bali....but we do not know how to go...

Marcel

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

85,100,761 topic views - 240,132 posts - 13,728 topics - 33,218 members - last post @ 19-09-2020 21:36 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

138,804,816 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com