indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Indonesia hotel information > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Adress:
Hotel Kota
Jl. Llagran Lor 1

across the train station's main entrance at Jl. Pasar Kembang, near Hotel Mataram.

I spend several days in this hotel back in 1999, and august 2003 was the first time for me to return there. That's probably the last time as well. Over the four years the hotel has changed a lot. I left with a bad feeling in 1999, but with some kind of relief in 2003.

In 1999, a single-room costed Rp 53,000 excl tax, but including breakfast. The staff was very friendly, and 1999 was also the year that it was placed in Lonely Planet Java.

Now the same single-room, only four years older, costed Rp. 150,000 per night, including tax, but excluding breakfast. Too expensife for what you get, since that hasn't improved over the years.

Eating is still good in the hotel, of course you pay more, but it's room serviced if you want. Calls can also be made from the hotel room, and the hotel is situated about 400 meters from Jalan Malioboro and is near Jalan. Sosrowijajan, the main nightlife place of Jogja.

The hotel has very easy access to the train station, walking just five minutes. The airport is about 20-30 minutes away by car/taxi, and costs Rp 25,000 (fixed airport price, taxi meter is not used to and from the airport.

hanmel
User
spacer line

Somehow I can imagine the price going up. Indonesia has a terrible inflation. Or, turning around that statement: My euro has marvelous exchange rate.
More impotant: How was the room, was the hotel clean etc. etc. (since I plan to visit Yogya (again) in 2005) and was the staff helpful if needed?.
hanmel

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

The room was the same as several years back, but not maintained since then. The hotel was clean enough and staff was less friendly than in 2000. But things change of course.

Yerun

arie_h
User
spacer line

I spent four nights in Hotel Kota in august 2004 and most rooms seem to have been renovated between 2002-2004. They even hired an Italian interior decorator to give the place a more colonial accent.

The official price now is 175,000 (well, in 2004 of course), but you can expect a discount of abt 20-30% if you bargain... The rooms at the back are very quiet and clean, the staff is friendly and helpfull...

I think Hotel Kota is still one of the best places to stay in Yogya. I stayed at loads of guesthouses along Sosro, but compared to those places, I am quite happy paying abt 50,000 a night more for the extra comfort, the excellent new beds & the overall atmosphere in Kota.

Jeroen, maybe you should try Kota again next time. Or at least have a peek at the rooms... :-)

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Maaf, si Goblok tidak tahu bedah antara bhs. Inggis dan bhs Belanda Emoticon: Yeah right!

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Since this topic is English, I will keep it in that language:

Criteria? Just the fact that I have stayed there. Most of the times it's just a (first) impression of the hotel. Like the real tourists does. I will try to make a short summary of what I experienced during my stay in the hotel. That's all.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 25-07-2005 07:09 Jeroen wrote:
Since this topic is English, I will keep it in that language:

Criteria? Just the fact that I have stayed there. Most of the times its just a (first) impression of the hotel. Like the real tourists does. I will try to make a short summary of what I experienced during my stay in the hotel. Thats all.

Hi Yerun,

You must be a very clever and real turis then, love at first site. Emoticon: Puh!

epsilon
User
spacer line

I've been to Hotel Kota in 2004, 5 and 6 and to be honest: it is indeed way better than all the crappy tourist places around jl Sosro. Nice colonial atmosphere, great tiling, great furnishing, average service, friendly staff, average food, centrally located, good beds, big rooms... It did get a lick of ugly green paint in 2005 though. I preferred the more neutral colours they had before.
Price in 2006 after some obligatory bargaining: 100.000Rp/night for a four night stay and the promise that we would TRY to have dinner at the hotel too :-)

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

51,300,976 topic views - 223,707 posts - 13,516 topics - 16,722 members - last post @ 18-11-2017 17:34 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

92,267,455 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com