indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > I'm looking for ... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

indoboy7
User
spacer line

Needed: Information about cellphones use+costs in INdonesia..Buying one in america = no good.[stuck with longterm contracts+$1.99/m.................Anyone have info about buying-or-renting a cell phone for the three weeks I will be on Java/Bali...??It must have tri(3)band technology so I can call the US + Europe...Someone told me it is better to buy in Singapore...??I appreciate ANY input..Thanks.Peter

sascha
User
User icon of sascha
spacer line

no need for tri band if u dont want to bring it to US. You can call US from any band its routed between the provider through satellite. In Indonesia only 900 and 1800Mhz bands are used.
HPs(cellphones) have comparable prices to europe, at least in surabaya. But u can get them really cheap on the black market(grey imports from dubai)
i think there is an island near singapure quite famous for electronics stuff but i forgot the name. maybe someone else here can help.

This side has some information on tri n quad band cells
www.thetravelinsider.info/road(...)t/quadbandphones.htm

pPamela
User
spacer line

I think the island you are talking about is Batam Island. I used to know someone in Padang West Sumatra who used to bring in electrical goods from Batam island and sell in Padang.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

One topic is enough Emoticon: Smile From your other topic:

Go to the ICT malls (Roxy) in JKT... all floors full of HP shops... all brands... all kind of prices, new and 2nd hand... if you won't find a HP in there you won't find it anywhere... be aware of imitation screens battery's e.d. ... if you want to have an original one... then go to HP dealers... I'm always very pleased with the Nokia dealer in Taman Angrek.

indoboy7
User
spacer line

Thanks to all for your input, now I have some information to give to my tour guide to look for those cellphones in Jakarta..I have to be CERTAIN that the phone will send+receive to and from europe/USA..Many thanks...Peter

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,847,173 topic views - 234,929 posts - 13,697 topics - 25,672 members - last post @ 14-11-2019 19:32 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,699,531 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com