indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > See my website ... > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

pPamela
User
spacer line

Anyone looking for a special experience on Lombok cannot go past the latest offering at Desa Mong outside Kuta Lombok.
An English woman Gemma amd her husband Made have created Mimpimanis Homestay for international guests wanting a special village experience. Soon to be featured in the new Rough Guide for Indonesia being released in September.
Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

Also check out Gemma's special website from msn groups.msn.com/LombokLovers
As well as providing accomodation Gemma and her husband Made have created a special village experience for the traveller.
Read about it at Lombok Lovers.
There is also an excellent forum, with a mountain of information and very quick responses to questions from potential travellers to Lombok.
Pamela.

Tuti & Jan
User
User icon of Tuti & Jan
spacer line

Dear Pamela,
I was looking to the site, but one time it is: Rates include continental breakfast & all taxes.
And one time it is:
All rooms rates are subject to a 10% Government Tax.
Little bit strange, for the rest it looks nice for a faire price.
Jan

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Jan,

Don't forget the 11% service tax that will probably be calculated with the price as well.

Tuti & Jan
User
User icon of Tuti & Jan
spacer line

Jeroen,
It is very easy for a hotel to give the rates nett, for the customer it is very clear and after they can count it back.
For me is this a kind of promotion that on the end not brings satisfied customers and many times it gives in restaurants and hotels discussion about ++
Jan

pPamela
User
spacer line

Jan,
I have emailed Gemma from Mimpimanis with the link to here and asked if she can clarify what you are asking. Thank you very much for pointing out what seems to be something confusing to potential customers.
Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Everyone,
Gemma emailed me back with this explanation.
She is sorry she cannot post on this site but the Internet on Lombok is very slow and the sign up to this website timed out so she could not get in.

"The website was changed a few weeks ago. Previously our rates were
inclusive of tax. We have now increased our rates slightly. We have
done so by making the rate no longer inclusive of the tax. Breakfast is
still included sorry if that got missed off, I can not update the site on the connection here & am dependant on a friend in Uk doing it for me
to the best of her ability.

As for our food menu the prices are currently inclusive of tax.
Hope this clears up any confusion."
Thanks
Gemma

Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

Would like to share some exciting news about Mimpimanis.
Mimpimanis in Desa Mong about 1.5 kms from Kuta Lombok is featured in the latest edition of Rough Guide South East Asia August 2005 edition.
Had a read in the local bookshop tonight on my way home from work.
Smsed Gemma and she and her husband Made are very excited as they did not know exactly when it was due out.
Gemma is currently living on Lombok with Made until she has to return to London in Jan 2006.
Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Everyone,
Just received an sms from Gemma asking me to post on Lombok Lovers re the problems with the Internet this week. So thought I would put same post here as well. The internet has been closed all week because of problems with tel. Gemma tried the internet at a hotel yesterday but it kept disconnecting.
If any traveller wishes to contact Mimpimanis for accomodation bookings or any queries please send sms to Gemma +62818369950
Pamela.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

My god, there's a LombokLovers website. Weren't the innumerable BaliLovers websites not enough yet to make you throw up?
What is this strange phenomenon to distinguish one island from another?
Well, when does somebody starts a BangkaLovers, BandaLovers, MisoolLovers, SangiheLovers, TernateLovers, Pulau SeribuLovers, BatamLovers etc. website.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Maybe they will in time because Lombok Lovers website has been a very worthwhile website for people wishing to get up to date info' on Lombok for their travels there.
Pamela.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Well, after over 12 months of posting about the new homestay Mimpimanis at Desa Mong near Kuta in south Lombok I have just spent 5 days staying at Mimpimanis with Gemma, Made and their new baby and it was fantastic.
Such a wonderful laid back place with that 'a home away from home feeling' . For me that was especially important, as I had just spent 5 months wandering around Indonesia by myself.
Whilst there, I just lazed about, ate the great food Gemma's staff prepare and went with Made on the back of the motor to see all the sights and with Gemma swimming at the beach with lots of local children.
Mimpimanis is about I km from the beach and I enjoyed being that far away. The actual homestay is one of the most secure in the area with huge wrought iron gates and three dogs and I felt very safe staying there.
Some of the other places down near the beach are robbed from time to time.
I also celebrated my birthday at Mimpimanis and Gemma and Made went to a lot of trouble to make my day a really special memory.
Pamela.
P.S. Mimpimanis will be in the new Lonely Planet book on Indonesia out in Jan 2007.
The homestay is already featured in Rough Guide Indonesia and Rough Guide Bali/Lombok.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi,
There is a new Lombok Lovers website now at lomboklovers.aforumfree.com/
Msn is disappearing in Feb 2009.
Pamela.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi,
Well the years have passed and Mimpimanis at Desa Mong Kuta Lombok is still going strong.
Featured in both Rough Guide and LP Indonesia books these days and Gemma has created a Face Book page now that features fab photos of her husband's fishing trips he takes travellers on.
www.facebook.com/pages/Lombok-(...)a-Lombok/11221471913
Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi,
Just to add to these sets of posts.
Mimpimanis Homestay now have their own transport - they can pick you up from the ferry or from the airport.
Go onto the Face Book link in the previous post and contact Gemma's husband Made for quotes for the trip.
Gemma who spent time over in Bali is now back permanently at Mimpimanis and together her and Made will make your stay a specially memorable one.
I am looking forward to meeting up with them both again and their son Marty in 2011.
Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi,

Another 12 months has gone by and time to up date this post again.
Didn't get to Indonesia and Lombok this year, but hoping for next year 2012.

Check out Gemma's website at www.mimpimanis.com/
and all the reviews from Trip Advisor about the homestay
www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Revi(...)t_Nusa_Tenggara.html

Gemma has a new Lombok Lovers forum these days because the previous one was sadly hacked.
lomboklovers.freeforums.org/
and there is a Face Book page
www.facebook.com/mimpimanis.homestay
and a great little video on one of Made's fishing trips by one of the travellers who went on a fishing trip with Made.
vimeo.com/19726288
Pamela

pPamela
User
spacer line

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

83,501,306 topic views - 239,817 posts - 13,723 topics - 32,184 members - last post @ 13-07-2020 20:54 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

136,140,838 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com