indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi Sidik,

I am not allowed to give critique to ART. I never said the photographs were bad, however it is not ART. When you look at the photo's there are really a few VERY good ones. Do you expect me to be a domba follow the others along the dam...and drown at the end

For Macan,

I am writing on a forum in the way I want to write, like it or not. I am someone who forms his own personal opinion, I don't care what others think or say Emoticon: Yeah right!

Capek Emoticon: Yawn

Salam dari Mokum Barat Lama

Bunglon

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

Lon,

If I'm not mistaken, Edvard Munch ( I can not find the way to write it correct) said, "art is art when you think it is art". In my opinion his photo's are not art, but alas ........ Emoticon: Shut up!

tunawisma, tunakarya, tunamasalah

spacer line  

erwin
maybe londoh is trying to say that your works are too "ordinary" for someone who's 16 years in professional photography

so just keep up the good work

as i am a graphic designer i can see you use too much photoshop in your gallery, most photographers, i believe wont do that
like i read ..russell wong, he doesnt like if photographers are using too much photoshop

and i am confuse ppl often categorized their work as "art photography"
whats the different between art photography and photography?
i dont think photography could be categorized as "art" although it has basic composition etc

photography is photography,art is another thing
well its not a technical forum of photography
i wont make further polemic

to londoh...
what workshop are u going to held? Emoticon: Smile

and have a nice long weekend guys

aku tak memiliki cinta, aku hanya memiliki nafsu, telah kubunuh cintaku dan ku kubur dalam-dalam sanubari www.ryanwijaya.com

spacer line  

Dear Londoh,

I would never call you 'anjing kompeni'. You are a friend. Even if I said I didn't want to join your workshop, I would still love to meet you as a friend. And don't say that Indonesian people are not critical. My art teacher once showed my picture to the class and said that the 'human' I drew looked like a chicken.
Hmm, I think - after looking up at esasmito's photos - I don't see the liveliness of the objects. The composition, like the flower, or the bicycle, are not very well positioned. The building pictures seems strange, because some of the photos are too close and the effect he used made them look unsymetric, but at the same time, failed to capture the strength of the object.
But it may be his style. To see how the world stops, to break all the taboos in photography (in other words, your teaching Emoticon: Smile ).

Sorry esasmito. But yours are better than mine, for sure. Emoticon: Worship KEEP GOING, BE YOURSELF AND BE WHAT YOU CAN BE.

What I dislike from your critic, Londoh, is not saying that esasmito should try harder, but you told him to change his profession. If he loves photography, what is wrong with it? Dream chasers are fools, but we are all dreamers.
Who said there were so few critics here that make Indonesia collapse? In the past, may be. But now, demonstration is something common in our everyday life. I think we swing from 'none' to 'too many'. There should be balance between 'talk' and 'action', 'critic' and 'advice and improvement'.

WJ
Anak kurang ajar Emoticon: Shiny

macan hijo
User
spacer line

Hi Londoh, Emoticon: Bye bye

I'm not taking issue with your opinions. You obviously have an opinion of your own. And like it or not, agree with it or not, I'll still read it. Emoticon: Stupid But, just like others, I would like to know why you found the pictures "boring" too. This in itself means I want to know your opinion. After all it is a forum.

If all you have to say is 'boring'. My only response is 'I disagree'. What more to discuss? So, I guess that would be that for the discussion.

BTW, my last line in previous post was more of a suggestion. Sorry if it came accross as cheeky. Emoticon: Clown Truth is, I neither like nor dislike the way you write. Emoticon: Devil

Cheers...
Emoticon: Laugh out loud

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi Johnny,

I call myself anjing kompeni, as I love that expression. I forget about the workshop, I am to much a loner for that, dan terlalu keras Emoticon: Stupid Abt. myself I have learned many things in my life the hard way, I think that is the best way. I dropped out from school when I as 14 and never seen the inside of a school again. I have learned a lot from other people by asking and trying. I am 57 now and still learning.

On 01-09-2005 13:03 johny251976 wrote:
Dear Londoh,

And dont say that Indonesian people are not critical.

You might be right because the call it menjelekkan and become angry. 90% of the Indonesian people are educated to be a robot, to speak and act like a contoh, often the wrong examples. But maybe I don't know as I live only 15 years in Indonesia. I know Indonesian people don't like it when orang asing say something abt their country where everything is seratus persen baik, only complain susah cari duit all the time.

But I like the way you talk abt the photoos, you show that you thought abt the "pictures"

An amatir should never call his work "profession" From 1991 - 1996 I have done quality control on handicraft of my own design, that I had produced in Indonesia, many people in Indonesia are too fast too satisfied with their own "prestasi" in 1996 I drowned in my own tears and stopped my work teaching Indonesian people to make a good living with good products. In 1991 I came to Indonesia to help orang miskin, in 1996 I learned orang miskin are very able to help themselves. Costed me 75 jt Rupiah in 4 years, rupiah yang masih kuat. Since 1997 I do only "dagang" from time to time I have jobs for Indonesians, but I don't call it a job but "seponsor orang miskin" and tetawa setengah mati the way they work

Never mind, X-mas is coming Emoticon: Shiny

Londoh

spacer line  

Dear Londoh,

Christmas...Christmas time is near
Time for choir and time for cheer
We've been good but we can't last
Holy Christmas hurry pass
Wanna plane that loops a loop
Me I want a hoolahoop
We can't hardly stand the wait
Please Christmas don't be late.

Oh.....Londoh, if you give help with your right hand, don't let your left hand knows. But you even let your belly knows (and laugh about it).

WJ
Anak yang benar-benar kurang ajar Emoticon: Shiny dan sangat amatir Emoticon: Shiny dan teu gaduh seeur artos Emoticon: Shiny

spacer line  

What happen in 14, Londoh? If I may know? If not, then forget the question. Emoticon: Shut up!

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 01-09-2005 14:25 johny251976 wrote:
What happen in 14, Londoh? If I may know? If not, then forget the question. Emoticon: Shut up!

Hi Johnny,

What do you mean with "in 14" ??

regards

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

I have "studied" the site of this great artist Erwin, actually the first time it bored me to hell, and the third time it bored me even more.

Photographic art & Guggenheim that entered my eye, just reklame with false pretentions, it is a flash advertissement about nothing.

The photo's

Art - nothing special
Urban landscape - nothing special
Portraits - of the 5 photo's the most right attracks attention, the rest : nothing special
World beat - nothing special

That was it, I have nothing to say about it, bores to dead of no importance whatsoever. Sorry I can't make more of it, I was looking into clear water...

Bye,

Londoh

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Guggenheim is a famous museum. They have a nice collection of photographs, very diverse:

http://www.guggenheimcollectio(...)s_Photography_0.html

I choose one to show here, it is very minimal, but the photographer catches the light in a beautiful manner.

Photographing means drawing with light.

James Casebere, Asylum, 1994. Cibachrome print, laminated and mounted on Plexiglas, Edition 5/5, 47 1/2 x 59 1/2 inches.
Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, Gift, Lois and Richard Plehn. 97.4550.

spacer line  

hola!!
i hope erwin tidak berkecil hati ya?
everyone is learning...

hey londoh that photo really looks like its painted not photographed
for this case, i sense deep "art"
i like that "photographing means drawing with light"
i believe photographer only need one light

the sun....

anyone here likes henri cartier bressons?
i like his photos of president soekarno..its really,,amazing..
sadly he passed away last year
http://www.magnumphotos.com/c/(...)tfolio&E=29YL53IQ1W7

take a look at his works

aku tak memiliki cinta, aku hanya memiliki nafsu, telah kubunuh cintaku dan ku kubur dalam-dalam sanubari www.ryanwijaya.com

ahsaaas
User
spacer line

hi all

gooooooooooooood like all

ok

baaaaaaaaaay

Fotograaf
User
spacer line

Duwie, not bad at all! Emoticon: Smile
Esasmito, truly wonderfull galleries!!
I'll be in Indonesia this year, (Sulawesi Tengah) mainly for photography.

Interesting what you said Esasmito, I couldn't agree more! Emoticon: Smile
Quote: Keep imagining like a child when you're behind a camera taking a photo. Let go of all conventions and standards. Hope you know what I mean.

I recommend you watch the documentary film "Born into Brothels". You'll see how much a child's mind can convey beautiful images through photography.

Its my intention to bring a dozen or so disposable camera's with me, And when reaching my final destination I'll hand them out to local people, old and young. Would be very interesting to see what they come up with, its like seeing through their eyes. Emoticon: Smile

edllsda99
User
spacer line

I need to find a friend who can supply me with indonesian web image.
Thanks to anybody who can help.
sincerely,
edllsda99

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Say photographers (yth.) "would you all join me to request Yerunce to give 'visuals a go-ahead' on this forum ...... after all these words it would be, something 'different' wˇuld it ???"
"Of course it is his website, but we contribute quite a lot too in money and in time Yerunce; put up the rules, Yerun !!!

Anis 'a lover of nice photos too', of course let us leave the photos of babes to Playboy otherwise people do not buy these magazines for the many 'good articles' .....

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

What is it you want now Anis? I don't understand what you want. Putting pictures here is already possible, I don't see what money and time have to do with it. You can use a topic report to ask or open a topic in the feedback forum.

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Oi yang panas ....... suppose I image 10/ten photos, are you glad ???!!!

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

If you want to put pictures here, you don't have to ask, everyone can link to pictures here. They have to be on the internet though. Maybe that's what you are looking for?

Fotograaf
User
spacer line

Easy to do, just click the second icon from the left and type the URL of your image (not the website) inbetween the tags.

Then you'll get something like this:
Scan from slide, Morotai 1996

Make sure you click it to see the full size, automatically downsizing dramatically decreases the quality of the image.
Also, only deeplink your own images! (Copyright! Emoticon: Cooool )

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Fotograaf yth.,

Heb je een filter gebruikt of is het zw/wit, s'morgens of s'middags ..... gewoon of prof. toestel ....
MODERATOR BREAK

Please keep this topic in English.. thanks!

Placed by Jeroen @ 11-04-2006 14:40

Fotograaf
User
spacer line

Hi Anis,

Its a scan from a Fuji Velvia slidefilm. Original is in full colour. Emoticon: Smile
Converted to black&white in Photoshop becouse the scan gave terrible colours. (black turned blue).
I guess its late afternoon, clearly visible by the shadows on the bodies.
Camera is an old-fashioned analogue SLR, all manual, not even autofocus.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

63,987,413 topic views - 229,195 posts - 13,640 topics - 19,766 members - last post @ 20-11-2018 06:52 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2018
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

108,677,171 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com