indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

duwie
User
User icon of duwie
spacer line

hey room Emoticon: Bye bye i'm duwie, i'm looking for a anyone who loves photography in Jakarta, since i'm still newbie in photograpy, maybe we can change a knowlegde about photography or we can have a "photo hunting" together Emoticon: Wink

apapun makan nya ..minumnya teh botol sosro :)

spacer line  

Very interesting, but have to wait until I collect enuf money to buy that flashy Digital Canon! Emoticon: Smile (with 8 MP). I am interested, but I am a very green horn.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 29-08-2005 10:18 johny251976 wrote:
that flashy Digital Canon! Emoticon: Smile (with 8 MP). I am interested, but I am a very green horn.

Hi Johny,

What is the use of a flashy camera ? It is a tool, if you think a flashy camera makes better photo's you are mistaken. I use a 'cheap' Kodak LS 743, 4 MB I bought it in Indonesia just below 3 jt Rp last year. It is my second Kodak. I made 1800 photo's in a year. This camera became 500.000 Rp cheaper, I will buy a second one as a spare. I count 1000 Rp for one photo, if I have made 3000 photo's I can throw the thing away. There is also a model with 5 MB, but I only use photo's for internet.

You can have a look at my site for the results of a 'cheap' non flashy camera.

Regards

Londoh

spacer line  

Dear Londoh,

I used to have a 6 MP (Orite, not a very well known camera), but I gave it to my Sis for her Birthday. So I have none at the moment.
The problem is that my previous camera doesn't have optical zoom, and only 4 times digital zoom. I tried to take it to Hotel Hilton during a sattelite tennis tournament and take photo of players hitting balls. The results were not very good. Emoticon: Smile
That's why I dream to have the EOS (is it correct?).
But of course I know you know about photography more than I am. So thank you for your kind advice. Emoticon: Shiny but still I have to figure out how to get the money. Emoticon: Frustrated

Warm Regards

WJ

duwie
User
User icon of duwie
spacer line

On 29-08-2005 10:18 johny251976 wrote:
Very interesting, but have to wait until I collect enuf money to buy that flashy Digital Canon! Emoticon: Smile (with 8 MP). I am interested, but I am a very green horn.

Johny,
i don't use 8MP camera also, i used canon 5 mp and the picture is great , so let's get hunting bro Emoticon: Wink

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 29-08-2005 10:55 johny251976 wrote:
Dear Londoh,

I used to have a 6 MP (Orite, not a very well known camera), but I gave it to my Sis for her Birthday. So I have none at the moment.
The problem is that my previous camera doesnt have optical zoom, and only 4 times digital zoom. I tried to take it to Hotel Hilton during a sattelite tennis tournament and take photo of players hitting balls. The results were not very good. Emoticon: Smile
Warm Regards

WJ

Hi Johny,

I never take moving objects inside with digital flash, as the results are nearly almost terrible. Although digital camera's are selling like hot cakes these are still far from perfect. For the photo's I make digital is the solution, In most of the cases I make pictures of buildings or views, hardly photo's of people. If I use flash I only use fill in flash to avoid hard shadows, which are abundant in Indonesia because of the intensity of Mata Hari. I also avoid making pictures outside after 12.00 siang

kind regards

Londoh

duwie
User
User icon of duwie
spacer line

You can have a look at my site for the results of a cheap non flashy camera.

Londoh, you have a great picture on your website, you can check mine at www.flickr.com/photos/duwie

spacer line  

Gee guys,

Both of you have been so so sooooooo experienced compared to me.
Duwie, I will let you know if I have already got my digicam, ok?
Londoh, thanks for the tips. Seem I broke all the rules in the past. Emoticon: Puh!

WJ

duwie
User
User icon of duwie
spacer line

Duwie, I will let you know if I have already got my digicam, ok?

not a big deal bro..i'm waiting for the the time Emoticon: Smile

spacer line  

Oh, terima kasih, ya! Emoticon: Puh!
Thank you.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi Duwie,

I have had a look at your photo's, there are a few good ones, but still you have things to learn.

I won't give any critics in public, because as londo aku terlalu keras for Indonesian people. Emoticon: Shut up!
At the moment I am in Belanda, beginning of october I will return to Indonesia. I will be in Jakarta, tapi belum tahu kapan. Maybe we can organize a workshop, I specialize in telling something abt history on a website. I use maybe 20% of the photo's I make. I am quite critical abt. myself, never satisfied.

In Jakarta I have to continue were I stopped last time:

http://www.londoh.com/voc_loc_jakarta02.htm

Of the inside of Musium sejarah Jakarta (page 4) I made maybe 50 photo's, with flash, I could only use 4, only afterworking with these with Adobe photoshop. I don't lke hat, I prefer my photo's as they are made.

Salam dari Mokum Barat Lama.

Londoh

macan hijo
User
spacer line

Hi Duwie! Emoticon: Bye bye I enjoyed your pictures at your site! Nice.

Which Canon do you have? I've got an older Canon (PowerShot S40), and though it's nice, I'm not completely satisfied with some of the results.

Like johny, I'mdreaming of buying a digital SLR too... Emoticon: Yeah right!

duwie
User
User icon of duwie
spacer line

On 30-08-2005 12:16 macan hijo wrote:
Hi Duwie! Emoticon: Bye bye I enjoyed your pictures at your site! Nice.

Which Canon do you have? Ive got an older Canon (PowerShot S40), and though its nice, Im not completely satisfied with some of the results.

Like johny, Imdreaming of buying a digital SLR too... Emoticon: Yeah right!

hi macan ijo .. Emoticon: Bye bye
thanks for visiting my site, my first camera is canon A310, but i get the better one now ..its canon S2IS..it's really good camera Emoticon: Worship ..
if you like to "photo hunting" around jakarta..i would like to join ..since i'm just 3 months move to jakarta Emoticon: Smile

esasmito
User
spacer line

I'll be in Jakarta in September. Check out my gallery and my thoughts on art and photography: www.erwinsasmito.com

My email is on the website if you want to discuss photography.

Love Life

esasmito
User
spacer line

Duwie,

You have a very good eye for composition and color. I love some of your photos. For some of the photos I can sense that you put a lot of thought before pressing the shutter release. If you claim to be a beginner, you are off to a good start!

Keep imagining like a child when you're behind a camera taking a photo. Let go of all conventions and standards. Hope you know what I mean.

I recommend you watch the documentary film "Born into Brothels". You'll see how much a child's mind can convey beautiful images through photography.

Good work!

Love Life

duwie
User
User icon of duwie
spacer line

Erwin Emoticon: Bye bye

thanks for visiting my site, i have check also your website ..woow..you have a super cool gallery over there Emoticon: Worship ...mmm....hope we can meet when you are in jakarta..

o ya ..thanks a lot for your advise, that's all what i need Emoticon: Smile

esasmito
User
spacer line

Hi Duwie,

Thanks. The website was not officially launched and I have yet to have a launch party and give a formal announcement. My plan was to rotate my photos monthly because I have so many photos to show but I also did not want to clutter my website (therefore, the monthly rotation with other works of mine).

There is a big photo exhibit in Jakarta when I am there. My fiancee sent the info to me and I hope that she and I can spend some time there.

Here's another advice: Let the eye play.

Take care- Erwin

Love Life

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 31-08-2005 13:18 esasmito wrote:
Hi Duwie,

Thanks. The website was not officially launched and I have yet to have a launch party and give a formal announcement. My plan was to rotate my photos monthly because I have so many photos to show but I also did not want to clutter my website (therefore, the monthly rotation with other works of mine).

I was wondering did you really made photo's for 16 years ? wow..wow..wow, I think you should change profession as your pictures are so boring ... onbelievable. Of course it is very clever to present it as art, but why not present it as Tahi Kebo ??? Sounds much better.

Of course ayam sori, as usual

Londoh

esasmito
User
spacer line

Hi Londoh,

I have to say that the words "boring" and Tahi Keboh" are hardly words used in an intelligent comment. If it is boring and Tahi Keboh, please give me a negative comment with more depth and intelligence, something more so that its worth my energy to have a healthy discussion on art.

However, I still have to respect your comment as I truly believe that expressions in art does not mean that everyone will receive it the same way, as we are all individuals and entitled to personal experiences.

One person might think its garbage (or tahi keboh), the other will think its beautiful. Its always been like that because we each will engage in a work of art according to our own personal experience.

Thank you for your honest opinion and feelings. Even though how harsh you communicated your opinion, you are very much entitled to expressing your inner feelings.

Long live freedom of expression which itself is a virtue of art.

Take care.

Love Life

spacer line  

Dear Londoh,

I believe that Esasmito is right in this case. Art is personal. Like my case. I'd rather listen to Il Divo than Rod Steward. To his fans, Rod Steward is a great singer, but I don't think so.
I also believe that, you better give a light to Esasmito the things that makes you think his photos are 'boring' and 'tahi kebo'. You may think that I give you advice like "Anak" gives advices to "Bapak". But sometimes, a "Bapak" needs to be reminded. I believe you better said to him," you need improvement in the lighting, in the theme (the strength of the object), or in the contrast. In the choice of color, the sillhouette, etc. It's much more beneficial to Esasmito than saying "you better change your profession". Emoticon: Nooo
Have you ever heard that once Billy Jean King was a fat girl, doing tennis and said "I will be a great tennis player". Lucky she didn't meet you. If she had met you, she would never have won any grandslam.
I know you will open some workshop - but to think that I will meet someone who will tell me I am unfit to take any photo (And I admit that now my photography is a big zero), well...I think I better learn by myself, by trial, together with Duwie and others.

WJ

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Dear Johhny,

Please don't forget that I am Belanda and you are Indonesian. Critical vs non-critical. I don't think it is right to present very common photo's as Art. That is what I call inflation. You also talk in your berita about all kind of things except photography. I live long enough in Indonesia to know that the Indonesians hate critics (menjelekan Emoticon: Shut up! ), maybe that is why it is such a mess in that country.

Of course I cannot open a workshop for Indonesian people, how do you teach people to be humble about the things they create ? And to be critical abt what you are doing ?? They really will hate me for that and call me kasar and kurang ajar Emoticon: Angry

Let it be, let it be.....speaking words of wisdom let it be... Emoticon: Shiny Emoticon: Shiny

Kind regards

Londoh, anjing kompeni Emoticon: Bye bye

macan hijo
User
spacer line

Hi duwie, Emoticon: Bye bye

Photo hunting around Jakarta sounds like it'll be fun... I guess I can try and not be frustrated by my digital. Emoticon: But, I've never gone photo hunting around Jakarta, so I wouldn't know where to go though... Emoticon: Wink

Cheers!

spacer line  

heyaaaa

anyone here up to photo hunting??good idea i want to join it
i am a fan of lomography
im addicted to holga, i bring it almost everywhere i go now
i have many collection of jakarta streets pics already using pop9 camera
i know only a few ppl in indonesia are into holga or lomo

ive been to many places here in jakarta to take pics (sunda kelapa,museum etc) i'd love to go to bidadari island again to take pics with holga

now im into taking pics of the street life
but if u guys wanna come out to shoot, i'll bring my holga along Emoticon: Puh!

aku tak memiliki cinta, aku hanya memiliki nafsu, telah kubunuh cintaku dan ku kubur dalam-dalam sanubari www.ryanwijaya.com

macan hijo
User
spacer line

I think if you were to call esasmito pictures boring or not worthy of art, you would be missing the point. There may be a few pictures which weren't to my liking, but that's standard for any set pictures. That's not to say that the pictures are "boring". Far from it!

The "sandals in the window" picture strikes a very nice balance between colour and shadows. The use of colour is subtle and quite warm. Though it's a picture that's taken in colour, it uses techniques normally reserved for black and white photos. And the breeze in front of the window is captured nicely too! And it is well done. And it is not boring.

The fisherman picture is also not boring. I challenge you to capture moving water the way esasmito did: with texture and in motion. If you want to criticise it, say something like "it may benefit from some cropping" or "if esasmito had captured some of the sky textures duwie had it would have been brilliant!" But calling it "boring" is non-constructive, and besides being just plain rude, misses the point of the pictures.

Unless you're a critic writing a tabloid column, critique to improve, not to be critical... Emoticon: Clown

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

Lon,

What about telling Sas what's wrong with his pictures? I agree with you about the quality, but maybe when you tell him sometihing about e.g. composition or colour- balance, it might help him to make better pictures.

tunawisma, tunakarya, tunamasalah

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,847,173 topic views - 234,926 posts - 13,697 topics - 25,657 members - last post @ 14-11-2019 14:13 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

125,669,343 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com