indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Sumatera > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Iris8
User
spacer line

Hi,

Does anybody has any information about the situation in Sumatra? I read all the news about the forest fires in Sumatra. They seem to cause a lot of trouble in Malaysia. We will travel to Medan next week and also intend to stay in West Sumatra for a couple of weeks. I don't like to put my children in a smoke curtain, so if anybody knows about the recent situation in North and West Sumatra I would like to hear from you.
Iris

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Iris,
Have a read of this article from Thorn Tree Lonely Planet.
RedApe from America is there now in Medan and his information is always reliable.tinyurl.com/9qhhd
Juz from Aust has posted a link to a satelitte photo of the prevailing winds inthe area which may be of some use.
Wow, so close now.
Good Luck, I will be thinking of you.
Pamela.

Jantje
User
spacer line

You find more info at:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com(...)/view/163411/1/.html

warm regards..

Iris8
User
spacer line

Thanks Pamela and Jantje for the links.
Hardly have any time to check internet because we are so busy getting everything ready for departure. It seems that every time I pack something my two little Indo's find it and unpack it......
My brother-in-law called and said it was a bit better already in Medan. Although....is the air every clear in a city like Medan :-)

Iris

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

85,136,301 topic views - 240,132 posts - 13,728 topics - 33,218 members - last post @ 19-09-2020 21:36 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

138,805,072 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com