indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Bali, the island of the Gods > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

paulana
User
spacer line

That was posted 5 years ago !

Your estimation is that the number of visitors are tumbeling down rapidly okay!!

May I ask you where are less visitors....Candidasa have much more visitors this year, as the last 8 years after the first bomblash in Kuta. Emoticon: Yes!

Om Swastiastu

accid
User
User icon of accid
spacer line

I knew that was posted 5 years ago but it was high on the active topics list ?

I do not say that there are less arrivals on the airport but I have a feeling that many of them travel trough to other palces.
Many restaurants in legian only have one turnover a night and are mostley empty at 10.00 pm.
They are struggeling with the lunch to get customers and.
owners of those restaurants claim that there is a lack of europian tourist and asian tourist are not the tourist you are looking for as a restaurant keeper.

The traffic is still a struggle but its a lokal one and mostly only during rush hours.
(mabey a reason for some to go to Candidassa)

Last night I visit Kuta and not only I saw that most of the places are empty even there is a lot of noise. (maby because of that :-/ )

A friend of mine in the north who has a restaurant has less visitors then theyear before and two of my staff members who also come from Singaradja claim that there is less work for family members because there are not many tourists.

According to some relatives who have travelagencies are there alternatives for Bali that are cheaper and easier to reach in and out Indonesia.

Whatever the tourist departement will say, It needs a lot of salt with it.

Van hen die zeggen dat zij mij kennen weet ik dat ze mij niet kennen.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi accid,

Not sure what you motivation/agenda is making such a strange comment.

Here is the news about visitors to Bali from February 2011 you might like to read www.watoday.com.au/travel/trav(...)-20110210-1aocc.html
Pamela.

accid
User
User icon of accid
spacer line

There is no motivation or (hidden) agenda.

I just refer to my feeling.

I also follow the news and the one you are referring to is from february wright?

I pick up family from the airport ones and a while and arrive myself several times on the Bali domestic and international and the international is not so buisy as you should espect if you read the news.

Its stil buisy on Bali but I think its a differant type of toerist , the one who wants to enjoy culture and nature are on other islands i think.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

On 19-08-2011 04:43 accid wrote: Its stil buisy on Bali but I think its a differant type of toerist , the one who wants to enjoy culture and nature are on other islands i think.
You´re talking about a nearly extinct species. The tourists who are visiting Indonesia nowadays - and in particular Bali - are of another dimension then the ones who came here more then a decade ago. It´s all about leisure and pleasure; no adventure, culture or nature. That´s out. Comfort and luxury are now the keywords.

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Only prepared culture representations (in a beautiful package), lawn mowed nature and adventure in a save and comfortable package, are still possible. Even the so-called backpackers are longing for comfort and luxury. The challenge of the unexpected has been lost. Even the losmen are far more luxurious then 10 years ago. Away with the lice and mosquitoes, long live the DEET and other insecticides. Nature and ¨travelling¨ are okay, as long as it happens in style and with comfort.

spacer line  

Its depends if the $ I guess and low season term Emoticon: Yes!

accid
User
User icon of accid
spacer line

Yogya-Bali is completely wright wit his comment and it is good news for other Islands because the more adventures type will go now to the Nusa Tenggara region. Flores for example has growing amounts of tourists (31%) and they deserve it.
The Island has a much more preserved flora and fauna and the marine life is outstanding.
The accomodation is various in quality (mostly medium) and price and there are all kinds of local and western food available.
Its an Island that gives the tourist an adventures feeling.

What I see now with the tourisem in Bali is different then at the moment that I was wrighting my first comment. Toerisme is growing but most of the tourists are comming from Australia and Jakarta now comparing with before. Tourists from Europe are declining and also asian toursits are chossing other destinations. Most of the europian tourists are the one who transit from Bali now and stay now in Bali like about 10 years ago just for a few days. The rest of there holiday they stay more and more in easthern Indonesia like : Sulawesi - moluku - and Nusa Tengara.

I wish they are not making the same mistakes like the Balinese are making.

Biggunsar
User
spacer line

Heading to Bali in May.

Plan to learn how to surf. Hey, 3 days of messing around in waves 2 feet or less. What the hell LOL

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

76,262,944 topic views - 234,447 posts - 13,692 topics - 25,292 members - last post @ 23-10-2019 20:47 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

124,748,979 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com