indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Bali, the island of the Gods > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

mawar
User
User icon of mawar
spacer line

I want to go to Bali in november,this year, but some people tell me that bali, the beaches , kuta,legian is like a ghost area. There are no tourist , the restaurants are empty, is this true? Has anybody been there lately?
greetings-Mawar Emoticon: Smile

the_gee
User
User icon of the_gee
spacer line

less tourists = less crowded........is tranquility or not?? (hehe)

Anita
User
User icon of Anita
spacer line

Hai Mawar,
we have some friends in South-Bali, and they tell us they have a hard time in earning money. They work at the beaches above the Kuta and Legian area.
As we understand bussiness in Kuta and Legian is getting better so there should be enough tourist there.
We were in Legian in 2004 and haven't seen a ghost area, but a less crowded area.
Let's say, we still had to wait for 30 minutes for a table to have diner at Made's Warung.
So if you want to do something good, just go to Bali in November as you planned. The people need you ..... Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Yes!
We go again in september and looking forward to it, it still is a beautifull place to be !!!
Greetings Anita

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Mawar,
If you want up to date information on Bali go to the following website www.balitravelforum.com where you can find out lots of information and read Just Back Reports from recent travellers to Bali like the followingwww.balitravelforum.com/msg/66263.html
The website also has an archives so you can search back for comments about places or hotels you might like to stay at.
Good Luck. Pamela.

Agung
User
User icon of Agung
spacer line

hI Mawar,
last year we've been in Kuta/Legian in November and this year we'll go again in November, since we liked it so much in that time. Emoticon: Smile

In this month there are less tourists than in the high season, but it is not like a ghost. Last year, every now and then, we had to wait in the restaurants to get served. In my experience Kuta/Legian is also in these months not empty.

If you are a real "party animal" that likes to walk over the heads of people then November might be to quiet, but for the rest of us there's more than enough to do there. Emoticon: Shiny

mawar
User
User icon of mawar
spacer line

Thanks for all the advice! I'm just happy too hear all this. I will let you know if I'm going! (depends on hubby's work and some other things.
Love - mawar

masiwan
User
spacer line

= edit: wrong language, read the FAQ before posting =

spacer line  

I was in Bali this spring , it was rather quiet, but tourism is on the rise they say. Only the current bombing might have some influence again unfortunately. But don't let it stop you going, Bali is still very safe place if you compare it to cities like Amsterdam.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 02-10-2005 22:50 bloodhoundfromhell wrote:
Bali is still very safe place if you compare it to cities like Amsterdam.

The ripp offs in Bali are more clever than the ones in Amsterdam. We might be missing something here..is it that smile Emoticon: Shiny

Salam dari Mokum Emoticon: Shiny

spacer line  

Kuta and Legian being ghost towns would be refreshing, actually. I was there a month ago and it was rockin' I would go and have fun! Emoticon: Shiny

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

Why not go to Benidorm, Torremolinos or Ibiza if you want to go to Kuta, Legian or Seminyak? Much more save. Probably missing the (fake) smile?
If you come for Indonesia - then go to other islands rather then South-Bali.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Probably missing the (fake) smile?

"haha.. yes miestÚr... sheep prise for you"

Emoticon: Puh!

sisi70
User
User icon of sisi70
spacer line

Joanne, come to Kuta and Legian. It's busy again for this time of the year. Usely less tourists in october, novembre. But yesterday it was busy in all places. Come have fun and go happy home.
If you stay in a good hotel, it is save. I f you stay in a dirty losmen, be carefull with your stuff.

spacer line  

Isn't now the best time to travel to show your support to both Bali and it's people. I am currently in Bali and would not say the streets are empty infact there are many people around being chinese new year and all.

Gong xi fa cai Emoticon: Yes!

spacer line  

Isn't now the best time to travel to show your support to both Bali and it's people. I am currently in Bali and would not say the streets are empty infact there are many people around being chinese new year and all.

Gong xi fa cai Emoticon: Yes!

timmetje
User
spacer line

nope i bin ther a coppele of monts a go and it wasn pritty quit but jou never no when it hits

rabih
User
spacer line

jumharan is more beautifule or kuta or nusa dua

spacer line  

Jimbaran is nice to be for sometime...many fish and boat's , and its nice to look to de local fish business....enak to buy some fish to cook at home....ikan bakar Emoticon: Nice

Live life to the max.......

tristan
User
spacer line

I returned 2 weeks ago and it is thrue that Kuta dont have that much tourists but when You go to Legian You will find more than enough tourists to my opinion

Balibagus
User
spacer line

about the tourists in Bali........
well 1. they always only talk in publising the rates off arrivals about Japanese,Ausies,Germans,Taiwanese ect...but never about Dutch people...last months 1000thds off Dutch people came to Bali....also many French......and another ''group'' they also forget are the local tourists,...since 2 month 100.000thds off local people take holiday in Bali ....they also spend money...perhaps more than the Koreans.....also .....great ,great amount off Russians,they come already more than 6 month in bigg groups....these Russians are the best for Balinese trade and buisness because they pay whats been ask ...they do not haggle....if the prize say 500.000,- rp. they pay cash without problems....
Ofcourse its more quite than normale ....but people pls. do not think its a deserted Island........its still the most perfect place for holiday and to live(I know because I live here).
I would tell to all the ''doubters'' please come and have fun,relax and have the most perfect time u can gett .No other Island can offer u more than BALI.......
Selamat Datang...........Putu-Lou/Balibagus. Emoticon: Yes!

maurits
User
User icon of maurits
spacer line

Just returned from a quick business trip from Bali.
Australian arrivals down by almost 60%

Kuta Legian and Seminyak are very quiet. Some hotels seem to do a good job, but my overall impression is not positive.

In Lovina were this weekend 6 tourists only! I also think that Japanese are down by 28% but I am not sure.

Europeans seem to catch up, an increasing lenght of stay was confirmed by several GM's in Nusa Dua, Jimbaran and Sanur.

So basically, do not believe the positive stories, Bali is not doing well! I hope they catch up before the peak season.

Comparing Bali with Phuket, Phuket seems to do alright, but in terms of yield also Phuket is not back.

Greetings from Phuket

Maurits

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

Mister Balibagus looks like the former Minister of Information from Iraq:

"Bali is doing well, all hotels are full and people spend a lot of money"

ethan1066
User
spacer line

well someone has misinterpreted you about Bali, its really a place of heaven, i had visited there last year and i really had a very memorable experience over there. i think i had a great time there in bali.

ubud accomodation and boutique hotels in bali

Yogya-Bali
User
User icon of Yogya-Bali
spacer line

On 02-03-2010 12:56 ethan1066 wrote:
well someone has misinterpreted you about Bali, its really a place of heaven, i had visited there last year and i really had a very memorable experience over there.

Maybe next time you can try Indonesia (I mean the real Indonesia).

accid
User
User icon of accid
spacer line

I would like to know if mr/mrs BaiBagus still has the same opinion about Bai and the numbers of visitors.
My estimation is that the numbers of visitors are tumbeling down rappidly.

Van hen die zeggen dat zij mij kennen weet ik dat ze mij niet kennen.

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

73,131,644 topic views - 233,103 posts - 13,680 topics - 23,063 members - last post @ 18-07-2019 05:41 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

120,747,919 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com