indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (4 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

Who can inform me about the possibilities of wireless internetting (wifi) in Jakarta? Where and how much per hour?
If I'm not mistaken it was possible in Cafe Millenia at Ratu Plaza.

tunawisma, tunakarya, tunamasalah

spacer line  

in plaza semanggi meerdere gratis hotspots.

in cilandak town sqaure hotspots die je kunt betalen met je bel tegoed (sms sturen etc)

in plaza senayan zijn meerdere hotspots. Wel redelijk duur...ongeveer 1 euro per uur!

Ik denk dat vrijwel alle malls in het centrum er nu wel een hebben, maar deze ken ik. mijn favoriet voor wifi is plaza semanngi. ook lekker centraal.

(meer info over internet etc in indonesie: [url]http://www.mulai.us [/url]

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

Remko,

Thanks! Where in Plaza Semanggi? Emoticon: Confused

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Beste "INDOnesia/lovers",

Bij de gemiddelde computer'toko' is een WiFI-'sniffer' te koop; dit apparaatje geeft aan of er een WiFi netwerk in de buurt is ....
Het kost ongeveer E 30,--

Banyak bersukses dengan WiFi di INDOnesia, misschien krijgt onze webmaster een online/direct verslag te horen .....

Greets .... Anis

'Ahu kura ahia, mansia nia'

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

Anis,

Thanks for the tip about the sniffer, but I'm in Jakarta already so maybe I'll have to go to Glodok to find one.

Remko,

Please tell me about the free places or cheaper places than Starbucks. They charge about 3 euro's per hour!

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Sidik yth.,

Are you still in INDOnesia ??? I had come across a website that has info on WiFi ( for free ) also in INDOnesia !!!
In my quick review I saw there are only possibilities at Bali, when you are in the surroundings there; otherwise they probably will have links to other sides to use, anyway you can try it !!!
Most of them are hotels, airports, etc.

So: www

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

Buying a sniffer? 30 euro? My laptop / HP detects wifi automatically, so does all other computers who are prepared for wireless internet with a wifi card in it. a sniffer......

Begin de details te vergeten

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

JohanN yth.,

My dear friend, I am that long in the Netherlands, to be 'ingeburgerd' ....... one of the thing(s) you learn from the Dutch "voor een dubbeltje op de eerste rang zitten, liefst voor niets ...... "
'As long it is for free.; why not ....... '
"You are a thief of your own purse/je bent een dief van je eigen portemonnaie (french) ...."
A 'sniffer' is more flexible than a laptop, do you think so ???
On that website you will find more instructions 'how to use/where to use/and so on ..... also in the Netherlands; so as long it is free, why not ???
It is like the beginning of Skype 'first there is promotion, then the sales increase, but comes next ..... ???'

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

Anis, what I was trying to explain is that most handphones, pda´s and notebooks are already ´wireless internet prepared´. When they are on, you will receive a message automatically (by a signal, message, icon) that an access point (often called ´hot spot´) is available. Really funny when driving a cab. For example, at startbucks, you can sit down with your notebook and start browsing the intenet or your email while drinking a cappucino. This can also be done with a PDA of course, as we did in Starbucks at Mangga Dua & Taman Anggrek.
Two options when a hotspot is available: you have to pay for it or not.
I suggest, stop with your ´inburgerings´ course and invest the money in 1) a membership of seniorweb and 2) buying a scissor to cut off some of your long toes (I refer to the ´snel op je tenen getrapt zijn´ saying in Dutch. Emoticon: Wink
Regards, Johan

Begin de details te vergeten

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

Hollandse 'Anis' yth.,

I am just trying 'to make things tight/bij de les houden' by my remark 'inburgering' !!!
But I am more interested in you experiences of the 'combination' WiFi with Skype, could you tell more or is it a 'webmasterssecret' ???
I saw that there is a special 'device': it is called a 'hotspot finder' for laptops ....
'is this hardware or software' ???
'I think for most of the 'passer-byers' of this forum would be interested, for there are possiblities also of free-WiFi ....... '
Thats why I give the website, I gather that here in the Netherlands at

www.gemeenteweb.nl

lots of Dutch 'gemeenten' are trying to setup 'a free WiFI hotspot' of course firstly the ones with the most important Dutch universities
read more info at :

luchthaven.tudelft.nl
...... but internationally at the previous first website there is a free WiFi hotspot at Bali INDOnesia .....
For the interested one I still have a Webaddress for WiFi in INDOnesia:

/browse-hotspot-indonesia-id.htm

There are hotspots on Bali, Banten, Jakarta Raya, Jawa Tengah/Timur, Kalimantan-Timur, Kepulauan Riau, Sumatera Utara; unfortunedly these seem not te be free !!! But who knows !!!
The date is set on 26 jan 2006.

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

AnisJ
User
User icon of AnisJ
spacer line

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

94,618,867 topic views - 242,009 posts - 13,759 topics - 35,452 members - last post @ 15-10-2021 19:42 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2021
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

154,253,228 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com