indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jakarta, the Big Durian > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

I added some photo's of Kali Besar and the Musium Sejarah Jakarta to my site

http://www.londoh.com/voc_loc_jakarta02.htm

JohanN
User
User icon of JohanN
spacer line

Hi Londoh, what is the location of these buildings? Near Sunda Kelapa, I mean, if you leave the terrain of the wooden boats of Sunda Kelapa, go to the right?
Regards, Johan

Begin de details te vergeten

dangdude03
User
User icon of dangdude03
spacer line

Hi Lon,

I have been looking in the Jalan Kali Besar area for an old building called ‘Toko Merah’ but till so far I could not find it. Do you have a picture of it? In my Indonesia Handbook is written:
Toko Merah is a venerable manor most likely constructed by van Imhoff, who later served as governor-general. Its name, meaning Red Shop, derives from the building’s unusual red brick exterior and the red-painted woodwork and furniture. Inside are fanlights, a fine wooden staircase, carved doors, and inner courts and hallways, all in rich, dark mahogany. Toko merah was the first nautical academy in the Orient, known as Academi de Marine (1743 – 55). In the 1940s, Toko Merah was restored and taken over by the Bank voor Indië; it’s now occupied by the Dharma Niaga Company.

Regards, Jan.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi Jan,

On one of the photo's you only see the back. Toko Merah is in the same row as on my photo's but I did not like the outside of the building. I make only pictures of things I like, not because the object is famous.

Ayam sorry,

On 30-07-2005 11:13 JohanN wrote:
Hi Londoh, what is the location of these buildings? Near Sunda Kelapa, I mean, if you leave the terrain of the wooden boats of Sunda Kelapa, go to the right?
Regards, Johan

Hi John,

Sunda Kelapa is very close, just north of the location, for a Dutchman "walking distance" there is a small map with the photo's on my site

regards

Londoh

dangdude03
User
User icon of dangdude03
spacer line

This slides I just found in my collection. Both places are on the jalan Kali Besar. The first is the old 'Schouwburg' and the second a building of a former newspaper. (2001)

spacer line  

hello there londoh! Emoticon: Smile

i'm looking at ur site now, are u an indonesian?
see im really interested with your photos of the old buildings in jakarta
currently i'm on a self project making paintings of jakarta in watercolors
i have taken some pics here myself, but i dont have time to take most of the photos

i wanna know if i can use your photos as reference for my paintings?
i know i;d better ask u this,
i'm interested with other location too like in netherlands
basically im interested to paint landscape ,buildings, esp old ones
hey if youre in jakarta maybe we can have a "photo hunting" together? Emoticon: Smile

love to hear from u
Emoticon: Smile

aku tak memiliki cinta, aku hanya memiliki nafsu, telah kubunuh cintaku dan ku kubur dalam-dalam sanubari www.ryanwijaya.com

sidik
User
User icon of sidik
spacer line

Dude,

Antara was en is nog steeds een nieuwsagentschap zoals bijvoorbeeld Reuter.

tunawisma, tunakarya, tunamasalah

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

In mijn jonge jaren heb beide gebouwen honderden keren voorbij gelopen, mijn oude SMP 5 zit bijna tegen over de gedung Kesenian.

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

sayang
User
User icon of sayang
spacer line

antara zit nu aan medan merdeka selatan.......
ze hebben ook een foto buro op jl antara,links van ps baru
lijkt qua architectuur op bovenstaande foto.......huhm er is dus ook 1 aan kali besar? heb ik nooit geweten.....
of ben ik abuis?

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi Bujang,

I am orang londo, from Amsterdam, but stay in Indo in Solo - Jateng.

I have seen your site, your work is attractive. I am busy making photo's of historical objects, of course much more than you see on my site. Before the end of the year I will rehaul my Sejarah Indonesia site and put these photo's with the other things I offer there. Maybe we can do something together. My website is non-commercial, but nearly 200.000 visitors per year (naik trus). I will go to Amsterdam next week, will be back in Indo beginning of october, pulang kampung namanya.

But don't hesitate to contact me, my alamat emil is in my profile.

Salam dari Solo

spacer line  

dont forget to take pics of the street life there ok?hehe
im very interested to portray the city life in my watercolor paints
like the street cafes,the people,the antique buildings, very much like u'd see
in european arts
i wish jakarta would have something like this
i see nothing except traffic jams

actually, i think we have a same hobby,
when i am at the streets here in jakarta, i usually snapshoot with my pocket camera and then i use them as references for my paintings,and i want to improve my collections, esp landscape and historical buildings

salam dari jakarta Emoticon: Smile

aku tak memiliki cinta, aku hanya memiliki nafsu, telah kubunuh cintaku dan ku kubur dalam-dalam sanubari www.ryanwijaya.com

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi Bujang,

If you take a look at my photo's you hardly see any people. I don't like taking pictures of people when they don't see what I am doing. Most people on my photo's are just passing by.

Actually the only thing I do is registrate are old buildings, and I prefer the ones that are falling down. I think if you want to make pictures of streetlife Jakarta is the wrong place, too crowded. You better go to another place on Java. But that is my vision. If I should make something historical I think a city in East java should be the best, still many good preserved buildings and not full of kendaraan. Or go on a sunday morning for a walk in Jakarta. When I go to Jakarta I often go in a weekend. But I am an ayam kampung, takut dalam macet di Jakarta, polusi. bisik...

Salam dari Solo

spacer line  

i am a kampung boy too actually
i was born in a kampung in jambi,sumatera selatan
its that java-centric thing that urge most of the youngsters my age to study and have a "better" life here
in my hometown, its much more "kampung" everyone usually get to know each other, some places still have no electricity

travelling to places and documentating the decisive moments into drawings and photos is the thing im passionate with,but i dont have much time for such
working working working, thats a low to middle life in jakarta like
hehe, nice to share with u tho..

salam juga

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

I was once in Jambi, a nondescript town, nice and quiet. Then by Colt to Kuala Tungkal (??) and further to Batam. I love boat trips in the Riau archipelago.

Regards

spacer line  

wow! u visited jambi?
its like u have been everywhere huh?
yeah i know those places, jambi is a very nice and quiet city
compared to jawa southern sumatera is still behind

i used to use boat to come back to jambi
its adventurous

yes its kuala tungkal Emoticon: Smile

btw if anyone here is interested to join a mailist
for "indonesianists",indonesian who live abroad
here is the place http://asia.groups.yahoo.com/g(...)p/indonesiakampungku

maybe u like to join londoh?? Emoticon: Smile

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi Bujang,

I have been to many places, but everywhere is impossible, Indonesia is too big. But Sumatra I know quite well, I have been to all the bigger cities. From Banda Aceh (+Sabang) to Bandar Lampung. But the last 2 years I only stay on Jawa. Because travelling to look for barang became too expensive, not the travelling but the barang. But Sumatra is OK, I like the people there, quite different than the people on Jawa. More direct communication and more friendly towards foreigners. I also like the food.

I am not an Indonesian who lives abroad, but a foreigner who lives in Indonesia Emoticon: Shiny

Regards

mark d
User
spacer line

On 29-07-2005 17:43 londoh wrote:
I added some photos of Kali Besar and the Musium Sejarah Jakarta to my site

http://www.londoh.com/voc_loc_jakarta02.htm

Hi, the "old wooden warehouse in the flooded area at the same location" is actually an old jail, in which prisoners were placed at low tide. At high tide they drowned. There is a similar tidal prison cell adjacent to the old city hall (now the History Museuem) in Fatahillah.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 05-08-2005 05:55 mark d wrote:

Hi, the "old wooden warehouse in the flooded area at the same location" is actually an old jail, in which prisoners were placed at low tide. At high tide they drowned. There is a similar tidal prison cell adjacent to the old city hall (now the History Museuem) in Fatahillah.

I don't believe this story, Jakarta is sinking, that is the reason why.

"The construction of high-rise buildings and the overexploitation of groundwater have caused Jakarta to sink by as much as 3.3 feet in the past 12 years, according to the Jakarta City Mining Agency. The following chart shows the extent of the problem:"

http://www.usembassyjakarta.or(...)ght_feb-march05.html

Regards

Bung Lon

van Deso
User
spacer line

hi there, ... i have just joined this forum. I am glad to find out that there is a forum which show such concern onto my neighbourhood, the old city of batavia. Perhaps i should tell u that, i know the shape in the picture very well, since i almost gaping it every day since our childhood. my family grew up at this location.
It still clear in my mind when my brother brought me and my brother to the jakarta historical museum. Funny things happen when my youngest brother cant hold his willing to piss while we was still sightseeing in the innerside of museum. there was no toilet in there i guess. I used to play at the location of "chicken market bridge" when i was in little elementary school in jl tiang bendera. In the certain time we still try to remain it by walking through the edge of kalibesar river or try to relaxing in the inner side of puppet museum.
Today i am working as government officer in the departement of finance of r.i., my elder brother manage a litle shop in the inner field of sunda kelapa harlbour. it used to be my parents shop. my youngest brother study politics in certain university in central java. he wish to win a scholarship and study politics in hollands. he wish he wiil get it.
we went to the every building of old batavia which now became a public places like a museum. their condition is not the same at all.... the used one usually is in better condition.....if today you go to the fatahillah square and face to the southwest.... you will see a collapse roof of one of them. however, if you go south from the center of the square,.then turn right and walk for 10-20 meters you will find a brand new and wonderful building just renovated from another old batavia building. of course, even it is not best effort, we still have to appreciarte rather than let the building collapse since unused. I suppose there should be an action to save the old city of batavia, and to manage it.. so the environment get its lost - prestisious -value back.
i love to share and talk about the old batavia city. you may reply me, and we may arrange such a meeting, dont worry for being asked for money or such fees, since i am not a guide. Besides that i need a partner to practice my english, as if everything goes well, i will go to study in australia in such postgraduate scholarship program next year.

well my friend...by..bye, have anice day, may indonesia give you peace and propensuty..

van Deso
User
spacer line

i would like to inform that as i know the "old wooden warehouse in the flooded area at the same location" is obviously not a jail. it is very clear from its different construstion, and it is more look like a ware house than ajail. you may compare with the flooded jail in the buildings of jakarta historical museum, it used to be a landraad ==folk court== ( if i am not wrong).
I agree that jakarta has already been singking... you might examine the sea level at the dam near sunda kelapa harlbour. What if it collapse...can you imagine that such business centre like glodok or mangga dua being flooded. It wouldn't happen in the past since the old batavian maintain their canal and the river in careful manner. Today, the important part of the end of ciliwung river has became a market named pasar ikan. it is located precisely in front of the museum bahari. as i try to find out in such old picture in musem of the jakarta, i observe that the location was part of todays harlbour. the todays market is a shore which directly connect the old harlbour to the ware house which is know became bahari museum.
that is what i know, correct me if i am wrong

dangdude03
User
User icon of dangdude03
spacer line

The old "Chicken Market Bridge"sept. '05.

If there is no renovation very soon it won't stand very long anymore.

The Bahari Museum or the former "Westzijdsche pakhuizen":

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

73,131,644 topic views - 233,105 posts - 13,680 topics - 23,064 members - last post @ 18-07-2019 11:30 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

120,764,659 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com