indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > General chat > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (0 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

pbywater
User
User icon of pbywater
spacer line

Hi im from Australia and i absolutely adore Krisdayanti's voice and her duets with Anang and also others fore example Melly Goeslow.

What i am wondering is are there any good sites to find lyrics for her songs and her duets, i can find some of the songs, but there are also some i cant find like:

KD & Anang - Satu Cinta
KD & Anang - Miliki Diriku(i have Memes version and it is almost the same)

i also asked my friend to get me Krisdayanti's album while she went home to ID, and she bought me KD - Cahaya Emoticon: Very funny Emoticon: Very funny im so happy, i love it, but also some of the lyrics i cant find

hopefully someone can help me out with this

(i dont want the lyrics in english, i would like the indonesian version)

Thanks
i praise whoever can help me Emoticon: Worship

reuveul
User
User icon of reuveul
spacer line

first download limewire pro at www.download.com,

then enter her name in the search bar,the rest is history

rob

like to live in ID,but it takes a while to get there

pbywater
User
User icon of pbywater
spacer line

ive done that about 5 times, i can find the mp3 etc there, but i cant seem to find the lyrics
thanks anyways Emoticon: Shiny

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

If you buy the/a CD, isn't there a booklet with (some) lyrics?

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

pbywater
User
User icon of pbywater
spacer line

well, the album book for cahaya has lyrics for first 4 songs...but thats all, and for the others i doubt i can get the album anytime within the next 6 months..or at all, as in australia indonesian music isnt really that accessible :(

pbywater
User
User icon of pbywater
spacer line

thanks lodoh, thats very helpful Emoticon: Very funny
but i still cant find:
KD & Anang - Satu Cinta
KD & Anang - Miliki Diriku

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

We can't always get what we want, Emoticon: Angry just try google, that's what I did.

regards

sayang
User
User icon of sayang
spacer line

I got all the cd’s of KD and I checked the booklet of cahaya but the lyrics from all the 10 songs are in it.
Which lyrics/songs you still need?
Btw..if you like KD you should listen to Siti Nurhaliza, she’s more talented in my opinion.

sayang
User
User icon of sayang
spacer line

I took pic from cd, here it is: 1cinta

pbywater
User
User icon of pbywater
spacer line

On 17-07-2005 10:48 sayang wrote:
I got all the cd’s of KD and I checked the booklet of cahaya but the lyrics from all the 10 songs are in it.
Which lyrics/songs you still need?
Btw..if you like KD you should listen to Siti Nurhaliza, she’s more talented in my opinion.

ahh i see it now, sorry i didnt look properly, and also thanks for satu cinta Emoticon: Smile

wowow22
User
spacer line

Hi everyone!

I love Indonesian songs (Ari Lasso, Ada Band, Sophia Latjuba, Chrisye, and so many more!). Usually I find the lyrics through google.com, but when it comes to translation, then there is a problem. Some phrases are just impossible to translate.

Does anyone know where I can get both lyrics (in Bahasa Indonesia, plus English translation?). What I do, meanwhiles, is to memorize the lyrics and sing, without knowing the exact meaning of parts of it. Too bad!

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 18-07-2005 05:34 wowow22 wrote:

Some phrases are just impossible to translate.

You need a knowledge of bahasa Indonesia, as this seems very strange to me. Can you give examples ??

Regards

wowow22
User
spacer line

Hi, londoh! Well, I'm trying to learn Indonesian. I have so many books; besides, some forum friends at indahnesia.com have started helping me. You know one thing that attracts me about Indonesia, is that people are so friendly and helpful!

I can give you many examples where there's no way to translate. Do you know the song KISAH KASIH DI SEKOLAH? Well, the very beginning is ok, but then, I get all confused! Here it goes, londoh (Hope you don't mind the length of the lyrics, and the wrong translation --- I didn't get that far, anyway Emoticon: Blush )

KISAH KASIH DI SEKOLAH
CHRISYE

RESAH DAN GELISAH
Restless and worried
MENUGGU DI SINI DI SUDUT SEKOLAH
---------------- in here in direction to the school
TEMPAT YANG KAU JANJIKAN
Which location you ---------------
INGAIN JUMPA DENGAN KU
---------- meet with me
WALAN MENCURI WAKTU
----------- steal -------------
BERDUSTA PADA GURU
Lie to the teacher

MALU AKU MALU
Shy I’m shy
PADA SEMUT MERAH
On red ants
YANG BERBARIS DI DINDING
Which march on the wall
MENATAPKU CURIGA
I stare suspiciously
SEAKAN PENUH TANYA
------------ completely ----------
SEDANG APA DISINI
While which ------------
MENANTI PACAR JAWAPKU
Wait for girlfriend ---------------

SUNGGUH ANH TAPI NYATA
TAK KAN TERLUPA

KISAH KASIH DI SEKOLAH
DENGAN SI DIA
TIADA MASA PALING INDAH
MASA MASA DI SEKOLAH
TIADA KISAH PALING INDAH
KISAH KASIH DI SEKOLAH

MALU AKU MALU
PADA SEMUT MERAH
YANG BERBARIS DI DINDING
MENATAPKU CURIGA
SEAKAN PENUH TANYA
SEDANG APA DISINI
MENANTI PACAR JAWAPKU

SUNGGUH ANH TAPI NYATA
TAK KAN TERLUPA

KISAH KASIH DI SEKOLAH
DENGAN SI DIA
TIADA MASA PALING INDAH
MASA MASA DI SEKOLAH
TIADA KISAH PALING INDAH
KISAH KASIH DI SEKOLAH

SUNGGUH ANH TAPI NYATA
KISAH KASIH DI SEKOLAH
-------------------------------------------
TIADA MASA PALING INDAH
MASA MASA DI SEKOLAH

TIADA KISAH PALING INDAH
KISAH KASIH DI SEKOLAH

MASA MASA PALING INDAH

MASA INDAH

KISAH KASIH DI SEKOLAH

KASIH INDAH

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

some translations...

Menunggu = wait
Waktu = time
tanya = asking
disini = here

There is probably a lot of slang in those songs, making it hard to translate into other languages. Above all those direct translations can have a different, deeper, meaning as well.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi Wowow,

I don’t like Krisdayanti, not as a woman and not as a singer, So the song is unknown to me. Language like this is “thick” you should dilute it, I translated one piece to give you a sample. Actually it has to be shaped to sound more romantic.

Shy I am so shy,
For the red ants who line up on the wall
They attract my suspicion
As if they are loaded with questions
What are you doing here ?
I am waiting for my lover I answer.

MALU AKU MALU
PADA SEMUT MERAH
YANG BERBARIS DI DINDING
MENATAPKU CURIGA
SEAKAN PENUH TANYA
SEDANG APA DISINI
MENANTI PACAR JAWAPKU

Gruces

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Satu lagi, just for fun

KISAH KASIH DI SEKOLAH
DENGAN SI DIA*
TIADA MASA PALING INDAH
MASA MASA DI SEKOLAH
TIADA KISAH PALING INDAH
KISAH KASIH DI SEKOLAH

Love stories at school
with that special boy
There isn’t a more beautiful time
Than the time we spend at school
There isn’t love more beautiful
than in the love affairs we had at school

* si Dia is difficult to translate si makes from someone something special
if one translates si dia with "him" it means nothing.

Gruces

si Londoh Emoticon: Shiny

spacer line  

dear Wowow,

In every translation, there must be translation results which sound 'odd'. I have ever read the translation of Andrea Bocelli's song (Con te Partiro), he is one of my favorite singers, and also the English translation of it and the translation sounds "odd", because the song is in Italian language.

KISAH KASIH DI SEKOLAH
Love story at school (in the background of the Video clip, I believe it's in the Senior High School)
CHRISYE

RESAH DAN GELISAH
Restless and worried

MENUGGU DI SINI DI SUDUT SEKOLAH
Waiting here at the corner of the school

TEMPAT YANG KAU JANJIKAN
at the place that you promised

INGIN JUMPA DENGAN KU
To meet me (the exact translation: Want to meet me)

WALAU MENCURI WAKTU
Eventhough (we) have to 'steal' the time (it should be translated sneak out)

BERDUSTA PADA GURU
By lying to the teacher (in the video clip, the actor asked permission to the teacher during the lesson to go outside the class)

MALU AKU MALU
Shy I’m shy

PADA SEMUT MERAH
to the red ants

YANG BERBARIS DI DINDING
Which march on the wall (I don't know the exact English, but you can see how the ants march everyday)

MENATAPKU CURIGA
Stare at me suspiciously (here, the lyric writer made as if the ants were human, that could stare at him)

SEAKAN PENUH TANYA
as if they asked

SEDANG APA DISINI
"What are you doing here?"

MENANTI PACAR JAWAPKU
"Waiting for my GF," I answered (of course it's just the mind playing tricks on him, because the ants never ask him anything)

SUNGGUH ANEH TAPI NYATA
It's strange but true

TAK KAN TERLUPA
and unforgettable

KISAH KASIH DI SEKOLAH
the love story at school

DENGAN SI DIA
with 'HER' (here, like Londoh said, is for someone special)

TIADA MASA PALING INDAH
there isn't a more beautiful time

MASA MASA DI SEKOLAH
than the time (we shared) at school

TIADA KISAH PALING INDAH
There isn't beautiful story

KISAH KASIH DI SEKOLAH
such as the love story at school

I hope it helps.

Warm Regards

WJ

P.S. Londoh, salute to you, your Indonesian is 'thick', that I will not be able to 'ngrasani' (to talk about you) in front of you in Indonesia. Emoticon: Puh!

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

On 19-07-2005 06:23 johny251976 wrote:

P.S. Londoh, salute to you, your Indonesian is thick, that I will not be able to ngrasani (to talk about you) in front of you in Indonesia. Emoticon: Puh!

Mas Johny yth,

Terima kasih for your compliments, but actually I am not so good in written bahasa Indonesia. I only speak it everyday. Actuallu I learned bah. Indo on the “pinggir jalan’ just by trying. I think I am quite good in speaking the language, if I compare myself with other orang barat staying here as long as I do.

I don’t know the word “ngrasani” must be Javanese ? But you can always try, you will be surprised by my reaction. I am born in Amsterdam, and I still speak the language from there, which is quite ‘kasar’ but to the point, also with a lot of humor, but most of all a born Mokemmer (Mokum is slang for Amsterdam) is known for his ‘lidah tajam’. It is very funny when I speak with Javanese (I live in Solo, Jateng) they are often flabbergasted when I speak to them, as they are used to speak many words without a meaning and after half an hour one still doesn’t know where they are exactly talking about. Someone from Amsterdam just needs a few minutes to make something clear. A very good weapon disini is humor, I am someone who likes to laugh pagi-sore. I am always joking, because when I take all the stories abt. susah and duit too serious I will end up in a severe deppression. You should hear me when I am talking to PNS who want money, in 5 minutes I have caught them and they laugh setengah mati, very difficult position for ‘minta duit’.

Good that you translated the song as I don’t know it, I hate Krisdayanti, when I look at her I see a ‘pelacur” maaf kata-2 yg kurang baik..

OK-lah sekian dulu,

Salam dari Solo,

Bung Lon.

BTW You did not translate ‘paling’
TIADA KISAH PALING INDAH
There isn't beautiful story

I can give other comments, tapi anda seorang ahli bahasa Indonesia, so anda milik the benefit of the doubt.

spacer line  

dear Londoh,

In fact I am not a language expert (or a linguist), I only a user of Indonesian language daily..

I don't translate the word "paling" from TIADA KISAH PALING INDAH, because in English language, there are three comparison degree, and the word 'paling' usually used for superlative degree (the most....). But in my understanding, if I say

"There isn't the most beautiful story such as (atau other than) the love story at school."

the translation become a bit confusing, because in English, we should use comparative if we want to compare two things (that's what I learn from school and courses -> but my English is still debatable).

Oh, so Pak Londoh comes from Amsterdam? And you are used to talk straight? Haha, I was born in the land of Pasundan (West Java), in a small town which name you might never hear. But you are right that 'ngrasani' is a term from Java language, I learned the term because I was once a student there.

I agree with you that if we talk and think too much of 'kesusahan' or 'duit' then we will end up in mental hospital!
I like joke, but as other people born in Indonesian Culture, sometimes I talk unclearly about things I want to talk, it's a bad habit I try to get rid of.

I don't really like Kris Dayanti, but I think she is not 'pelacur'. And so is 'Inul', etc. They only want to make their stage performance memorable for their fans. the term "Pelacur here is very rude, means 'whore' or 'prostitute'. May be what Pak Londoh means is they look cheap, which also a bit insulting, but not as rude as "Pelacur".

Best wishes Pak Londoh!

Regards

WJ

P.S. If I am not mistaken, your avatar has change. Your avatar was 'Tokek/Cecak' before. Am I mistaken?

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi Johnny,

Very funny you just walked into some Amsterdam traps. Like ‘ahli bahasa’, of course you are only a native speaker.

I think “there isn’t (ain’t) no more beautiful song than...fits best. But as I said, difficult to translate if one never heard the song.

So Johnny asal dari Sunda..kumaha mang ? I lived for a while in Sunda, Tasikmalaya and Garut, so I know about lalap dan sambal terasi euy, also about the neng-2 there.

I personally think the differences between the cultures in Indonesia and in West Europe are very big. Many things I will never really understand, but that is not my goal. I try to live here together with the people and understand living here while I just stay myself. Not becoming an imitation Indonesian. Personally I like living in Jateng better than in Jabar, as I consider the Javanese as more tolerant than the Sundaneze, I mean for living somewhere. I often go to Jawa Barat, and I like it there, it is certainly more beautiful than Jateng, coming from a flat country mountains are very special for me. Last week I was in Cirebon and Tasikmalaya.

I stay on a “island” as I rarely meet westerners here, always with Indonesians. I have quite another attitude than most of the Orang Barat, which have often a neo-colonial attitude. Setiap hari aku makan nasi dan omong bahasa Indo. Apalagi kalo belum makan nasi dalam sehari aku merasa lapar.

I live quite a long while in Indonesia, but actually I have the feeling being two personalities East and West and not by birth, but from experience. I love to play with that. Live is just a big journey from birth to dead, in which the latter is the most important moment, as all we try to do is to make that very moment important. I have been on the move since I was 17, in Indonesia I had the feeling, this is the place for me to stay for the first time in my live. I feel happy here, I know there are not many people who can say that. I also can make my living here, although the pay is not like in the West, but money is not that important for me, only I need to have it in my pocket. Kalo sudah mati tidak mungkin bisa dibawah ke atas toh. And there are so much more things in live that are just for free. Uang cuma alat.

About using the word pelacur : I know this cannot be said in Indonesia. They like to speak halus over there, or what I think: telling lies to please your ears. Sometimes that is funny. Indonesian people call a dokter ‘dok’ but when I call a dokter ‘asu’ dia jadi marah. I remember Krisdayanti from the Softex iklan, that formed my opinion. But after Inul became so populair by goyang her pantat the moves of , especially the older female singers (tante-tante), became very funny to look at,.

Indeed I had a tokeh as a avatar for a while, but I like to change. I did not like the tokeh that much, I prefer moving avatar. But actually it is just a toy, it has nothing to do with me.

Salam dari Solo

Bung Lon

pbywater
User
User icon of pbywater
spacer line

hello all, i was wondering, does anyone know where to get any vid clips of KD like music videos, ive checked mtv asia and limewire, and they arent very helpful

anything appreciaited

terima kasih

Piet.

spacer line  

Dear Pak Londoh,

From Tasikmalaya here!! Emoticon: Smile Who knows we met in the past??
About the language, I think if you are called 'asu' in Java, noone would love to, because 'asu' means 'dog' (and animals are among the insulting calls in Indonesia). But if someone calls me 'SOB', then I just raised my eyebrow and leave him, but not as mad compared to being called 'asu'. or 'FY'.
It's the familiarity with the language, may be. The mother tongue.
Haha, life is a long journey, but there's nothing new under the sun. Generations come and go, and all they do is catching the wind.

Warm Regards
WJ

sayang
User
User icon of sayang
spacer line

On 19-07-2005 18:28 pbywater wrote:
hello all, i was wondering, does anyone know where to get any vid clips of KD like music videos, ive checked mtv asia and limewire, and they arent very helpful

anything appreciaited

terima kasih

Piet.

here's a bunch of videos:
http://1hits.tripod.com/malay_video.html
(some of them might not work)

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi Joni,

That is a funny coincidence. I lived from 1991 s/d 1995 in Tasik, I stayed there because I was in the “kerajinan tanggan’ bisnis. I stayed in perumahan Sambong Permai in Kawalu (angkot nol – tilu) and also at Negarawangi right dalam pusat kota. I still like to come to Tasik every 2 months because of bisnis, I am quite fond of the place, certainly the climate there comparing with Solo. When I go there I like to stay at Wisma Galunggung in Jl. Yudanegara, the former bupati house. It is sepi there and tiaya neng-2 tawarkan “masage”

After Tasik I lived 3 years in Garut, in Hampor near Cipanas, Garut is extremely beautiful, (most beautiful place I ever stayed) but I experienced that the people there are really “domba Garut” like orang Tasik like to say.

Funny that you explain me how to behave in Indonesia, it is like “anak beritahu kepada papi” how to behave. Emoticon: Angry
Salam dari Solo

Bung Lon

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

49,889,266 topic views - 222,098 posts - 13,483 topics - 16,230 members - last post @ 19-09-2017 16:43 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2017
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

89,931,473 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com