indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Tickets, airlines and transport > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

spacer line  

Hello..everybody !!
I am planning to have vacation in Bali and Bunaken, North Sulawesi in December. I live in New England and would like to go away even just two week to kill my winter blues.
I have never been tried scuba diving before...and hopefully I would able to do it in Bali and Bunaken.
I would really appreciate any suggestion for my plan.....
I am little bit on tight budget and info for saving is welcome...
Thank you to you all and have a nice summer

maple-leafs

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Mapleleafs,
If you go to this
http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.(...)egories.cfm?catid=23 website and do a search for Sulawesi you will find lots of information that has been posted lately.
If you cannot find enough info' there, maybe join and post a question. Posters like MisterSteve have been to Sulawesi many times and post regularly on that forum. Here is one set of posts I found for you to read.
http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.(...)=1&parentid=0&from=1
Also if you have a look at the Sulawesi branch of this forum there is some websites named in relation to diving.
Hope this will be of some help to you.
Pamela.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Here is the link to the diving information from the Sulawesi section
http://forum.indahnesia.com/topic/786/
Pamela.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Mapleleafs,
The Froggies website on the other post is incorrect. Here is the link
http://www.dive-centers.net/di(...)froggies_divers.html that will take you to the froggie site.
Good Luck. Pamela.

spacer line  

Hi Pamela....
Thank you very much for the info that you gave me. It is very nice of you. I am all set for the Bali planning, however I am litte bit disappointed with the Bunaken planning one.
I was told that December is not a good time for diving in Bunaken because it is a rainy season and the waves tend to be uncooperative and unfriendly.
I went to Bali before and I am not planning to spend my whole vac there; beside that diving in Bunaken is one my childhood wishes.
My friend who is Menadonese advise me to postpone my vac until summer 2006 if I want to have a blast in Bunaken. Now I really want to cry.... Emoticon: Cry Emoticon: Cry

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Mapleleafs,
So sorry to hear about that. I have not been to Sulawesi so do not know about the weather re diving. So are you going to leave it till summer 2006 and maybe take a bit longer, that would be great.
I am heading back to Indonesia in June 2006, will not have any money in December this year. Hoping to take 60 days if my little business I am developing here in Oz makes enough money.
Pamela.

hobo1
User
spacer line

Mapleleafs,
I can' give you first hand information - because, I have never been there in the winter. However,.. I can give you a pretty good guess. First, the beginning of the rainy season is fickle - I have seen it delayed into January. Second, a place as famous as Bunaken must have exceptionally good diving most of the year - currents, and waves are all relative, you know. Weather in Indonesia is never as violent as New England. Okay, so you might hit some days that are not 100% the most perfect in the world. You can go skiing in Coloradao, but everyday is not perfect - but it's still pretty great. Even if you hit a bad day, I'm sure you will find lots of other activities - including relaxing by the pool.

Logic tells me that reefs like this, with the diversity of marine life it holds must have nice water alsmost all year... or the ecosystem just could not flurish like it does. You got to think like a fish I guess! Emoticon: Yes!
Greg

Hideaway Bungalow in Kuta Lombok - check my homepage

zizou
User
spacer line

there are many diving spot in bali starting from the sithern part of basli island like nusda dua,sanur, lembongan island, on the east side like tulamben,amed, northern part at singaraja, or on the wetern part at the menjangan island. For more details and discounted price, please do meail me at danieltr63Removed to prevent your adress from being spammed. Click this to go to the user profile.yahoo.com. happy weekend

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

85,410,363 topic views - 240,166 posts - 13,729 topics - 33,354 members - last post @ 28-09-2020 14:47 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

139,221,272 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com