indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > In the news > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (1 reaction)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (2 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

Desi Clark
User
User icon of Desi Clark
spacer line

On 18-05-2004 07:22 LelyCabe wrote:
Its really funny when you we say other people is evil, while ourselves is still a devil one.

Remember this," when you are pointing at someone, as a matter of fact four fingers are pointing back at you..."

Effort and Courage are not enough without purpose and direction.

bagusdewe
User
spacer line

On 04-05-2004 01:39 bangwin wrote:
[...]

I believe thats what soekarno trying to do with bringing up and put together religion, politics and communism to be backbone of our country. He didnt realize that religion and communism are just like water & oil....they dont mix.

Anyway its nothing to do with public kissing....hehehe....

I don't blame religions...
>I blame Bangwin!...
>Bang Wiiiinn! look what have you done!.....
>Don't worry Shuisheng....(Sorry, I meant Budowono)....take it easy ....now
....... go back to sleep... everything is O K..... Emoticon: Bye bye

budowono1
User
spacer line

ok

Yahudi
User
spacer line

It is attitudes like that of budowono 1 that make me realise the world is still full of ignorant fools. It is no surprise that Indonesian lawmakers would come up with such absurd ideas as banning kissing and regulating what people choose to do in the privacy of their own homes. These lawmakers suffer the same level of ignorance that is unfortunately so, so common in Indonesia. How on EARTH do you get the idea that Jews suppressed (cerpresst?) Christians??? The historical FACT is that Jews suffered persecution repeatedly throughout history under the Christians! The accusation that Jews wanted to kill Moses is a lie. And Ancient Eqypt and Rome fell under the weight of their own corruption.
A ban on kissing in Indonesia is a good thing if it means that ignorant fools like you can never get a girlfriend, marry, have children and raise those children to think ridiculouse hateful thoughts like you. Emoticon: Stupid Emoticon: Stupid Emoticon: Stupid Emoticon: Stupid

bangwin
User
User icon of bangwin
spacer line

On 09-05-2004 15:06 budowono1 wrote:
no but haji┤s gave the order.
arabs brought it with them arabs are there for evil.

and jews it was there fold rome fell and that ancient egypt fel.
they introduced apartheid among the people .
they cerpresst christians for centuries.
they even wan kill musa there great leader .

Haji gave the order......?
In US, one christian preacher plead guilty for rape young boy. Is that means Christian brought evil too?....no way man....haji or preacher is human, please stick on that fact...not a single religion in this world teach a bad things otherwise you've been tricked by your own head ma boy.....hehehe
Jews vs rome, Jews vs egypt, etc...etc....well.....It happens....what do you expect?

Anyway....still it doesn't to do with kissing.....hehehe

bangwin
User
User icon of bangwin
spacer line

On 24-05-2004 14:32 bagusdewe wrote:
[...]

I dont blame religions...
>I blame Bangwin!...
>Bang Wiiiinn! look what have you done!.....
>Dont worry Shuisheng....(Sorry, I meant Budowono)....take it easy ....now
....... go back to sleep... everything is O K..... Emoticon: Bye bye

Hey bagusdewe...how are you.....don't blame me...I just trying to have fun.... Emoticon: I love it .....hehehehe, come join us

budowono1
User
spacer line

On 18-06-2004 00:11 bangwin wrote:
[...]

Haji gave the order......?
In US, one christian preacher plead guilty for rape young boy. Is that means Christian brought evil too?....no way man....haji or preacher is human, please stick on that fact...not a single religion in this world teach a bad things otherwise youve been tricked by your own head ma boy.....hehehe
Jews vs rome, Jews vs egypt, etc...etc....well.....It happens....what do you expect?

Anyway....still it doesnt to do with kissing.....hehehe

yes but american are protestan they not like me acxording to pope they evil are a kult not true christian christains are christian when they conected to vatican

bangwin
User
User icon of bangwin
spacer line

On 30-06-2004 16:20 budowono1 wrote:
[...]

yes but american are protestan they not like me acxording to pope they evil are a kult not true christian christains are christian when they conected to vatican

who said so?......this preacher is chatolic preacher.....didn't read papers lately huh?.....hehehehe

triss
User
spacer line

FFS...

whats wrong with kissing in public? When I was in Medan (where I am from) my foreigner English teacher was kinda dating or wateva with this Muslim girl. The girl's friends caught them were kissing and the next thing was this caucasian ( i think he was Canadian) was beaten up and his motorbike was not in its best condition after that.

They also threw stones to the girl's house. So i still cant see it... wats the difference doing it in public and in ur private room. Well im just happy that I'm not there in indonesia with my Aussie boyfriend.
AND!!
he would love to visit Indo for once but guess wat...no no u cant go there otherwise they'll kill u ...ur aussie
hmmmm =/

cheerz
Emoticon: Frustrated

juffy
User
spacer line

Funny, the controverse continues....
Please read:

Local teen flick withdrawn after Muslim leaders' protest
www.thejakartapost.com, National News - August 21, 2004
After weeks of controversy, the government-sanctioned Film Censorship Institute (LSF) pulled local movie Buruan Cium Gue (Kiss me quick) from cinemas.

Headline News August 22, 2004

It is this ultraconservative viewpoint that has done in Buruan Cium Gue (Kiss Me Quick). A minor uproar propelled by our paragons of virtue -- the Indonesian Ulemas Council (MUI) and cleric A'a Gym -- has painted the film as a vehicle to corrupt youth with carnal thoughts.
Salam Juffy

diederick
User
User icon of diederick
spacer line

Yes, I read that too

The protest, from the MUI and the Billy Graham of Indonesia - the oh so soft speaking and very vainely turbanded AA Gym- was also against the following things;
a scene were a schoolclass chuckles because the teacher rerprimanded a couple caught kissing (disrespectful)
a girl put a drop of tequila on her neck to seduce a boyfriend (erotic)
junior high school kids encouraging eachother to kiss (provocative dialog)
the depiction of a school as a venue for gossip and dating (uneductional)
You would guess what goes on in the minds of the Ulama's and AA Gym. I guess they have more dirty thaughts then the average Indonesian.
Our good Heine once said the very true words " where they burn books, they will in the future burn people".

Koensk
User
spacer line

So if kissing is not allowed. What about having sex on the beach?
You might get the chair for that Emoticon: Clown

Jeroen
Administrator
User icon of Jeroen
spacer line

On 05-07-2004 05:05 triss wrote:
FFS...

whats wrong with kissing in public? When I was in Medan (where I am from) my foreigner English teacher was kinda dating or wateva with this Muslim girl. The girls friends caught them were kissing and the next thing was this caucasian ( i think he was Canadian) was beaten up and his motorbike was not in its best condition after that.

They also threw stones to the girls house. So i still cant see it... wats the difference doing it in public and in ur private room. Well im just happy that Im not there in indonesia with my Aussie boyfriend.
AND!!
he would love to visit Indo for once but guess wat...no no u cant go there otherwise theyll kill u ...ur aussie
hmmmm =/

cheerz
Emoticon: Frustrated

Maybe the Canadian screwed up things before kissing? I don't have any problems with people in my neighborhood when I'm having some "good times" and the people around me "know it".... Hmm. it's more some puzzle, but I guess you "get it" Emoticon: Wink

Yerun

SheMerc
User
spacer line

Just read this topic,
Come on guys..life's to short to judge others by what they do/did.
If I want to show my affection to the one I love, and I will do that, no matter what other's say.
Because I will not pass judgement to others on how they live their life.
Try to create some peace in this world it's already a mission impossible.
There are other problems in this world that needs a lot of attention, then banning kissing in public.
Like I said, enjoy life while you can. Show some loving and affection to the one you love, your family, your friends...
But hey..dont judge me either, I live in Netherland..there are also things that I dont agree in Netherland..
Emoticon: Nooo Emoticon: Nooo Emoticon: Nooo

Dragon
User
User icon of Dragon
spacer line

On 22-04-2004 10:37 budowono1 wrote:
it crazy.
they should ban perverted stuff like prostitution and un apropiate clothing.

but not kissing cause kissing is a natural thing it is in our nature like a instink.

banning that is in natural.
in Saudi arabia they dont even for bid publik kissing
i know cause ive been i arabia for buisness last year.

and it is agaynst the constitution.

if they want to ban some thing ban prostitution.
ban mini skirts and homo sexuality but not this

Kissing is believed to have come about as a by product from the way birds and other animals feed theyre young in the wild, i.e "regurgitating food" except we dont do that. Emoticon: Smile For humans it is an act of affection much in the same way as it is for other animals. It is universal in the animal kingdom, so yes it is natural and instinctive. I think the indonesian government should wake up and concentrate on the more important issues like human rights rather than this kissing issue. I also dont understand why the general public supports this anti-kissing law, if indeed it does as the indo government claims.

Dragon
User
User icon of Dragon
spacer line

On 07-05-2004 14:35 budowono1 wrote:
yes that is true ,
that was NASAKOM Nasional Komunis Agama.
but that was the reason of his fall.
i respect him mopre than any one but NASAKOM was amistake that cost him more thatn just presidensi.

but Islam is the route of evil.
it was islam and the jews that brought this evil in the world.
it was islam that caused the deats of 15000 people
12 September 1984 at the Tanjung priok masaker.
so i stay by my opinion.
muslims and Jews are evil.
for Jews serpressed christians for centuries ,
Japto is a Jew.

True but Christians destroyed the islamic empire through a series of crusades and world wars and broke them up into powerless states so they would no longer be a threat. Muslim children and women were burned, tortured e.t.c. Christianity has had its fair share of evil doings as much as any other religion. The original message of the prophet of islam, christianity, judaism e.t.c was supposed to be on of peace but has been skewed by zealots and gun toting warmongers who wish to proclaim theyre own brand of beliefs on the world.

"Islam" is doing just what "christianity" was doing 500 years ago. Waging a "holy war" against infidels/non-believers/heretics/ yay pushers, whatever you wanna call them.

Agung
User
User icon of Agung
spacer line

Better start a factory to mass-produce burkas.

The way Indonesia is developing, they'll need them soon.

It will be BIG BUSINESS! Emoticon: Very funny Emoticon: Nice Emoticon: Very funny Emoticon: Nice Emoticon: Very funny

spacer line  

It's regulations like this one that make me glad i only VISIT Indonesia as a matter of neccessity . Emoticon: Yes!

Indonesia is 100 years behind the rest of the world in economic , political and now democratic issues. Emoticon: Yes!

I could'nt imagine taking my girlfriend there on holiday , and none of my friends want to visit as tourists because of stupid laws like this one. Emoticon: Frustrated

The country is self-imploding with corruption and economic hardship , so just to make everyone happier , they think of a rule like this.... Emoticon: Stupid

I agree with one of the comments posted here .... if everyone was educated even to the standard of a 10 year old from England , the country would be doing a lot better and people wouldn't get so wrapped up in the religious issue which is holding back the country's progress.

As for the prostitution , it's rife everywhere i go in Java . Emoticon: Talk to the hand
Same as any country i've been to.
Indonesia is a bit like Germany , during 1939 , except instead of Hitler , the dictatorship is the whole government put together.

But i hope that over time the younger generation will break these ridiculous laws and it will become commonplace , just like the rest of the civilized world!

One day the religious brain-washing that goes on in Indonesia will be phased out and the people will be a lot happier! Emoticon: Shiny Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Shiny

Agung
User
User icon of Agung
spacer line

Indonesia is a bit like Germany , during 1939

Hi Wolfstone,
when you mean: like the dance on the volcano, I agree. But fortunately Indonesia isn't able to realize something serious. Good or Bad. I mean if they damage something, it will be themselves, but that's more than sad enough. Emoticon: Nooo

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

On 11-10-2005 16:16 Wolfstone1000 wrote:

I couldnt imagine taking my girlfriend there on holiday , and none of my friends want to visit as tourists because of stupid laws like this one. Emoticon: Frustrated

Pse feel free to go to another place.

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

sascha
User
User icon of sascha
spacer line

sidia please feel free to ignore such posts Emoticon: Puh! Emoticon: Devil

indonesia has some funny laws but so does the rest of the "civilized" world.
comparing them to english kiddo's who have their highest educational level when they reach 10 and lose it consequently through binge drinking is not really fair.
no society is perfect, u can critisize indonesia for many things but its not the worst country on this planet.

sidia
User
User icon of sidia
spacer line

On 12-10-2005 16:45 sascha wrote:

comparing them to english kiddos who have their highest educational level when they reach 10 and lose it consequently through binge drinking is not really fair.

ha ha ha ha ,
yes , esp. if you can see how they behave f.e in the spanish costa , greece and maybe other vacationplaces.
The cure is : one way back to england with Never Come Back Line .

Bisa dicek mas . http://omsid.multiply.com/

spacer line  

I was'nt deliberately trying to critisize Indonesia or Indonesians....

I just wanted to point out that if the people were actually educated to the same standard as most other countries , and actually learned something of use in the modern world , then perhaps less people would actually riot and mob rule would be a thing of the past.....

I am only observing from my own opinion , not the opinion of the West .

My friend who is 19 years old and went to an extended (paid) secondary education in Java , does'nt even know where Indonesia is on a world map......
i think that says it all......she will undoubtedly be unemployed like millions of other young women in Indonesia , due to lack of education.
Whether she gets involved in prostitution in the end i have no idea.
If she had a decent standard of education , i bet she would be in a better position to find a decent job.

Children in the West are educated until they are 18 years old , then most go on to university or college , that's a recognised establishment throughout the world.
The universities in Indonesia are not recognised by any western countries , as their education standards are not to the same standard.
(degrees are easily bought in indonesia)

I don't know any rich people in Indonesia , just ordinary folk , unemployed , or running becha's and ochiks to make ends meet.

Like i said , i only come to Indonesia as a neccessity , rather than as a tourist.
But if Indonesia catered for tourists , the people would be so much better off , and could raise the standard of their living.
I like the people , but feel sad for their future and their current standard of living , as you would any third world country.

What has this got to do with the kissing ban ?

Well , i asked my friends in Indonesia about it , and they said they think it's wrong , why should'nt they be allowed to kiss their partner in public? But they just go with the flow : all of them would rather live in a country that was democratic.

Apologies if anyone was offended by my last post.

Emoticon: Smile Emoticon: Devil Emoticon: Puh! Emoticon: Wink Emoticon: Yes! Emoticon: Shiny Emoticon: Nice Emoticon: Cooool

spacer line  

P.S. Sidia , if you cannot see that Indonesia needs tourism now more than ever , then you are seriously deluded into thinking your country is paradise , when in reality it is sinking into the depths of despair in all aspects of Indonesian life.

Try saying that to the people of Bali today .

My friends in Java all wish that more tourists came to Indonesia , thay can't all be wrong , surely.

Your narrowmindedness will be your undoing.

Emoticon: Bye bye

sascha
User
User icon of sascha
spacer line

Actually indonesia is a democracy!
Banning kissing has more to do with conservative culture and politics and then put into law. Same as in Singapur, Malaysia and India.
Its hard to find employment in indonesia even with college degree. But thats thanks to foreign companies investing in stuff like palm tree plantations and tobacco companies or cheap assembly and fabrications lines rather then something really helpful. But hey we do that with every third world country.

I dont know where u got this "most western youths went to college" from?! Maybe coz u had higher education urself, but actually its more like 30 to 45 percent(depending on the country US as low as 31%)

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

74,316,849 topic views - 233,342 posts - 13,683 topics - 23,677 members - last post @ 20-08-2019 16:32 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2019
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

122,198,138 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com