indahnesia.com - Discover Indonesia Online

You are currently in > Forum > Jawa / Java > View topic

17-01-2015 18:16 · [news] Three more bodies of AirAsia victims to Surabaya hospital  (3 reactions)
17-01-2015 01:23 · [news] Fuel prices lowered, again  (2 reactions)
17-01-2015 00:14 · [news] President dismisses Sutarman as national police chief  (0 reactions)
16-01-2015 12:44 · [news] Alleged terrorists shot dead three villagers in Poso  (3 reactions)
16-01-2015 02:15 · [news] Indonesia to execute six drug convicts  (0 reactions)

patatje
User
User icon of patatje
spacer line

Hello,
In a few months we, my wife, two children and myself are going to stay in Semarang for three months. As Semarang is not really a fun city, we are looking for a place not too far from SMG to have some holiday feeling. I'm not talking about Bali or YOgya, Pangandaran or Kartini beach. Maybe some experiences on Karimun Jawa?

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi, This is what traveller wrote about Karimun Jawa a couple of days ago on Lonely Planet Thorn Tree.
http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.(...)=1&parentid=0&from=1
I suggest you take a copy because all posts Thorn Tree disappear after 6 weeks.
Pamela.

patatje
User
User icon of patatje
spacer line

Thank you, this is a good start.

pPamela
User
spacer line

Hi Pataje,
Ukirsari, the author of the above information has actually posted the link to her Virtual Tourist website where the above article is permanent. Here is the link
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/2da47/12920d/
There is the most wonderful sunset photo there as well as other photos.
Pamela

arie_h
User
spacer line

Hi Patatje,

If you have to stay within comuting distance of Semarang, I don't think the islands of Karimun Jawa are an option. It takes a boat trip of about seven hours to get there...

I'd put my money on either Jepara or Salatiga instead. Jepara is a nice, quiet town with a few sites that remind of the Dutch presence here (I remember the ruins of an old VOC fort and an old Dutch cemetery). It's pretty laidback and... has a couple of very nice beaches just a few kilometers to the north in Badengan.
Salatiga is a bit bigger. It is located in the hills south of Semarang and is a nice, clean and cool place. There are quite a few nice colonial residential areas there and you have all the facilities that you can think of.
Both are located about an hour from Semarang.

Good luck!

patatje
User
User icon of patatje
spacer line

Really does it takes seven hours? Can you get there by plane. I'll check the other places you've mentioned. Jepara we've been. Thankyou.

patatje
User
User icon of patatje
spacer line

Sorry, I cannot find anything on the internet about Badengan. I was curious to see if they have nice hotels, beaches... But nothing Emoticon: Nooo

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

It is Bandungan. a wonderful place and cheap places to stay, close to Gedong Songo (Hindu temples high in the mountains), the Railway Museum in Ambarawa, you can take a ride on an old steamtrain there. I enjoyed it very much there, climate is excellent.

A few photo's of the surroundings on my site

http://www.londoh.com/index_foto_indo.htm

regards

Jantje
User
spacer line

Hi Londoh,

Many people told me it is a nice area around there. They say itís cheap and cool at night. Is that mt. Ungaran on your photo? I have already been thinking to buy a piece of ground in that area. Have you any idea about prices for tannah?

patatje
User
User icon of patatje
spacer line

Ah Bandungan I know. I've been there. But I'm confused because arie_h said there are a few nice beaches in the north. So what's the place called with the nice beaches. For us, beaches are more interesting then Bandungan. Especially for the children.

londoh
User
User icon of londoh
spacer line

Hi Jantje,

I was there last year for abt. 5 days and I really enjoyed my stay there, much to see and to do. I was in musim "lengkeng" there, they are growing these fruits in that area, and ate kilo's. There is a very good fruitmarket right in the centre of Bandungan. The hotel I stayed in was cheap and OK, very good service, only no hot water, the 'air mandi' is ice cold, comes from high in the mountains.

I don't know which photo you looked at so also don't know the name of the mountain. Prices of land, I don't know. I think in a place like Bandungan investors already bought every piece, but outside can be cheap if you buy 'langsung" from someone in need of money. Mostly farming land. It is best to buy land as a lot, as when prices are in square meters speculation already crept in.

I will return there if I have spare time as it is easy to reach from Solo. A few months ago I went to Kopeng another mountain resort near Salatiga, that was very boring.

regards

You have to be logged in to post a message. You can login by clicking here.
If you do not have an account yet, you can register yourself here.

86,914,656 topic views - 240,529 posts - 13,734 topics - 34,037 members - last post @ 03-12-2020 17:16 CET

Created by indahnesia.com · feedback & contact · © 2000-2020
Other websites by indahnesia.com: ticketindonesia.info · kamus-online.com · indonesiepagina.nl · suvono.nl

141,676,791 pageviews Discover Indonesia Online at indahnesia.com